[DISCONTINUED] Windows XP MCE Installer (XP2MCE) AddOn

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
MrNxDmX

[DISCONTINUED] Windows XP MCE Installer (XP2MCE) AddOn

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:01 am

Hello all.
This addon is intended to install all mce, sonic and plus components while windows xp setup stage. You dont have to have a valid MCE serial in order to use this addon. I'm using a hive file in order to trick windows, to make it think like its a MCE system. Also, I'm using Install Tips in order to make installation, exactly after installation of dotnet 1.1 and 1.0sp3. With it, you will see when MCE components get installed.
You wont have any error pop-ups at installation, just install tips.

Addon contains dotnet 1.0sp3 and 1.1 as MCE requires 1.0 to get installed.
Addon is still in beta stage. I will add TabletPC components in future updates, as well. I will provide the TABLETPC.cab file as updated. Also, I may make a mce update addon, or upload fully updated CMPNENTS folder. But no promise for now :wink:

Here are some screenshots from my Vmware test installation:
Image - Image - Image

As you see from last screenshot, Microsoft Update site shows required updates for Media Center edition, yay :D

NOTE: The addon does not contain the CMPNENTS folder. The addon requires the CMPNENTS folder to be present In your windows XP disc (DVD). Or you will need a 2nd disc that contains required cab files (MEDIACTR.CAB, PLUS.CAB, SONIC.CAB)

Structure of CMPNENTS folder should look like this:
CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR.CAB
CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\PLUS.CAB
CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\SONIC.CAB

I have been searching on google about Xp2Mce conversions. And used many of them in order to make this addon. Nearly all of them was about same things.

Download here: This AddOn is discontinued. Links removed by me, MrNxDmX.
You can try ricktendo64's final working addon here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4652

Download CMPNENTS folder:
Part1: http://rapidshare.com/files/95004446/CM ... 1.rar.html
Size: 95,3 MB / MD5: 835280899D0CA3A3F1C009D62C5BF1B0
Part2: http://rapidshare.com/files/95011203/CM ... 2.rar.html
Size: 66,2MB / MD5: F18B14E8D4400AC50E5E76BDB5989747

Alternate link: http://www.divshare.com/download/3961616-86e (Thanks UtCollector)

Credits:
Install Tips by HJW,
.NET 1.0sp3 installer by me,
Hosting & .NET 1.1 installer by RogueSpear.

Changelog:
2008-03-08 b2: Added cat files in order to stop setuperr.log errors. Modified ini & inf files a bit.
Last edited by MrNxDmX on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.

DJB

Post by DJB » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:00 am

Sweet downloading and testing this now...

BTW if possible you should just rely on the files from the DVD, makes downloading time quicker for us less uploading needed by you :)

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:02 am

good work MrNxDmX was looking for this i believe its perfect ;)

i will test soon

thanks again!
Last edited by ENU_user on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xplodzion

Post by Xplodzion » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:35 am

Oh wow, now this is awesome, downloading now.

EDIT: Will windows still think it is Professional/Home when this is integrated? I remember doing this the hard way which ended up with windows calling itself Media Center Edition.

Basically, I installed MC E with my Professional key. :lol:
I need a signature.

ENU_user

Re: [Beta] Windows XP MCE Installer (XP2MCE) AddOn

Post by ENU_user » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:29 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:I will provide the TABLETPC.cab file as updated. Also, I may make a mce update addon, or upload fully updated CMPNENTS folder.
i think its better as AIO meaning that this works after removing TABLETPC with nlite ... and have the whole thing updated ;)

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:46 pm

not to rain on anyones parade but is this a legal addon?

in other words will MS get pissed at this being here since you said "You dont have to have a valid MCE serial in order to use this addon."

just checking!

TechnoHunter

raidz

Post by raidz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:40 pm

i have already created an addon including the components folder based off of orbit30s xp2mce. I can post if people are interested.

bober101

Post by bober101 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:12 pm

true addons and silent installs are 2 different things raidz.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

raidz

Post by raidz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:03 pm

bober101 wrote:true addons and silent installs are 2 different things raidz.
yes i am aware of that. it is an addon BASED off of Orbit30's installer.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:20 pm

@ Xplodzion, yea windows think itself as a mce system.
@ ENU_user: Thanks for the idea.
@ TechnoHunter: I've asked Ryan before releasing this addon here, and in short he said it would be ok. If sb warns me about the addon (hope not), i will remove the addon asap.
@ raidz: I'm sure my addon is same as your installer. Nearly all tutorials i've seen were talking about same things :wink: but i'd like to see your addon too.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:42 pm

Added cmpnents folder links. I couldnt upload them to mediafire, connection resets :( Rapidshare only for now.
Ideas and results are welcome.

Xplodzion

Post by Xplodzion » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:44 am

I haven't been able to try this out yet, so I'll get started integrating it now and report any problems.

EDIT:

I've tried it out, works perfectly, no errors during installation either. :D

I used nlite 1.4.1 to integrate it and a few other addons, the addons were:

RVMUpdatePack2.2.1RC1
DirectX9.0cNovember2007AddOn0.3.4CNC
DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2
RVMAddonsWMP10_3.1a
NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.9a

- If you need Screenshots of something, let me know. 8)
I need a signature.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Thanks for report Xplodzion. Can you tell me, which updates are shown on windows update site?
Also, what about the installation time? You're already using a dotnetFx AIO addon, i hope it didnt conflict with each other.
I may remove the switchless installers out of the addon, in order to make it more compatible with netFx aio addons. Or, i can contact the author, in order to add dotnetFx 1.0sp3 in his addon. Let me think about it.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 pm

I run it with out other .net installers or anything else and nada ...

btw you are compressing tabletpc.inf which isn't updated or exist in you're packing
as for replacements you are compressing and not registering ? -->

i think its better as AIO meaning that it adds everything needed
and those files are missing... it will compress and register.. whether or not they exist ...

BTW integrator or nlite don't add extra entries if they are in already , they will simply overwrite them ..
so there is no harm in registering ;)

Xplodzion

Post by Xplodzion » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:39 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:Thanks for report Xplodzion. Can you tell me, which updates are shown on windows update site?
Also, what about the installation time? You're already using a dotnetFx AIO addon, i hope it didnt conflict with each other.
I may remove the switchless installers out of the addon, in order to make it more compatible with netFx aio addons. Or, i can contact the author, in order to add dotnetFx 1.0sp3 in his addon. Let me think about it.
There doesn't seem to be any problems with the Frameworks, the event logs aren't reporting anything out of the ordinary. The installation time was about 30 minutes from disk boot to desktop.

These are the media center updates that Microsoft update shows on first boot. Note, there are no media center updates in the High Priority section.

Before Installing the updates:

KB888795 & KB873369

After installing the first set of updates, restarting and checking again:

KB888316

After installing that update, there are no updates left for the media center.
I need a signature.

Raoul90

Post by Raoul90 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Is this gonna work on a Dutch XP Professional also? Then i will check it out

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:22 pm

i'm trying this again on sp2 finally ;) so i believe it will work now with .net
btw nlite removes tabletpc .inf and .cat so you can add them back if you want ...

thanks

DigeratiPrime

Post by DigeratiPrime » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:05 pm

A long time ago I figured out a way to install MCE on XP Pro without .NET Framework 1.0 and without errors see here:
http://www.msfn.org/board/Windows-XP-20 ... ntry601236

The only thing I got stuck on was "integrating" the Update Rollup 2 package into the MEDIACTR.CAB to save time and space, I stopped pursuing it since the boxes I built for MCE purposes I "upgraded" to Vista with a few dual booting XP. :)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:36 pm

@ ENU_user: I will update this addon with tablet pc too, thats why i included tabletpc.inf :wink:
Thanks for report Xplodzion :)
@ Raoul90: It should work ok.
Thanks for info DigeratiPrime. I'm checking it now.

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:06 pm

So, does the add-on also integrate Update Roll-Up 2 into XP Pro as well?

EDIT: Or is Update Roll-Up 2 integrated into the CMPNENTS folders you uploaded?
Visit me at home: http://xptsp.filetap.com

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Great Job Mrnxdmx,

A quick question, as this addon contain Dot Net 1.1, will this conflict with:
RogueSpear's Runtimes V2.7.7 (Dot Net 1.1 Sp1, Dot Net 2 Sp1) :?:
RogueSpear's Runtimes Part 2 V1.5.0 (Dot Net 3.0 Sp1, Dot Net 3.5) :?:

I can try it to see... But i wanted to ask you before testing just in case you know the answer... :idea:

Thanks.
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:14 pm

dougiefresh wrote:So, does the add-on also integrate Update Roll-Up 2 into XP Pro as well?

EDIT: Or is Update Roll-Up 2 integrated into the CMPNENTS folders you uploaded?
Neither.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm working on an updated CMPNENTS folder now, but its hard than i could imagine :?

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:18 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:I'm working on an updated CMPNENTS folder now, but its hard than i could imagine :?
I took a few lazy stabs at solving that earlier last year with no progress.

Shortly after that I decided to build a Vista Ultimate computer for my Media Center and any audio/visual related processes. There are a few things power users wouldn't like about Vista, but vLite solves the biggest ones for me (which for good or bad circumvents Vista's most annoying security advantages). Vista does install SO fast and there's no convoluted, unintegratable Media Center update patches (yet). I have no reason (nor the hardware) to use Vista on anything but a MCE machine though.

I have no idea if XP SP3 includes Media Center's updates. It should! I recall that SP2 updated MCE to MCE 2004, then they came out with MCE 2005 a few months later.

I think I'm rambling...

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:42 pm

One more (possibly stupid) question: This add-on changes the install to something similar to the Media Center Edition 2005 version? Or it is 2004 version?

Another (hopefully more intelligent) question: Can I use Electrogen'sMCEUpdatePack (Beta6) to update the result to fully updated with Update Roll-Up 2 and updates after?

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:21 pm

dougiefresh wrote:One more (possibly stupid) question: This add-on changes the install to something similar to the Media Center Edition 2005 version? Or it is 2004 version?
One of the pictures in the first post shows updates for MCE 2005 and another definitely shows MCE 2005 itself.
dougiefresh wrote:Another (hopefully more intelligent) question: Can I use Electrogen'sMCEUpdatePack (Beta6) to update the result to fully updated with Update Roll-Up 2 and updates after?
You might have to be the guinea pig to try this and let us know. :)

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:56 am

[quote="roirraW "edor""]One of the pictures in the first post shows updates for MCE 2005 and another definitely shows MCE 2005 itself.[/quote]My bad.... should have looked at the pictures.

[quote="roirraW "edor""]You might have to be the guinea pig to try this and let us know. :)[/quote]Ok. Will try.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:48 am

@ roirraW "edor": I hope xp sp3 will have all previous and some new mce 2005 fixes. Hope, they rename it to mce 2006 or sth else (maybe mce sp3 :P). Didnt download sp3 rc, no ideas for now. (will do asap)

dougiefresh: This is the addon just installs the components. If you have a fully updated cmpnents folder, you will have mce 2005 with all fixes installed. The link i gave for cmpnents folder doesnt have updates in it. I'll work with electrogen, in order to fix things in his update pack, and finish it. Will try to do my best with him :wink:

The pictures comes from an updated cmpnents folder, that i used a modified electrogens update pack in it. Do you want me to share it (its not fully updated and not tested fully)

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:44 am

[quote="roirraW "edor""]I have no idea if XP SP3 includes Media Center's updates. It should! I recall that SP2 updated MCE to MCE 2004, then they came out with MCE 2005 a few months later.[/quote]

Kb900325 definantly wont be in SP3 as it is a SP4 update

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:52 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:@ roirraW "edor": I hope xp sp3 will have all previous and some new mce 2005 fixes. Hope, they rename it to mce 2006 or sth else (maybe mce sp3 :P). Didnt download sp3 rc, no ideas for now. (will do asap)
Yes, me too even though I plan on sticking with Vista for MCE, but some of my customers might want to stick with older hardware for MCE capability. I tried SP3 RC2 build 3011, but on XP Pro not MCE so I can't answer that. I thought build 3011 worked very well.
electrogen wrote:Kb900325 definantly wont be in SP3 as it is a SP4 update
Sorry, but huh? :) XP SP4?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:11 am

Umm, i didnt make a test but as far as i see from the sp3 rc2, it updates these cab files: mediactr, netfx, tabletpc

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:15 am

MrNxDmX wrote:Umm, i didnt make a test but as far as i see from the sp3 rc2, it updates these cab files: mediactr, netfx, tabletpc
yes but look at the bottom of medctroc.inf in the strings section, MCE version is 2.4 or something like that, where as sp2 is 3.0 and update rollup 2 is 4.0 so really sp3 is downgraded as far as mce is concerned.

DJB

Post by DJB » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:20 am

OK I finally got a chance to test it.

It appears to be OK but it came up saying that it had problems registering MCE when it was installing.

Should I be trynig this with a Retail or OEM version of XP instead of a Corporate version?

pcguy

Media Center Addon error

Post by pcguy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:45 am

I'm getting the same error message as DJB.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

UtCollector

Post by UtCollector » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi MrNxDmX,

Thanks for this nice addon. :D

Can you tell met what the minimal needed parts are to run the MCE?. I have a minipc with reciever. Because i dont really want the dancing girl, screensavers, theme's, audioconverter, labelmaker and party mode for wmp.

I would be intrested in a MCE lite version.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:56 pm

electrogen wrote:
MrNxDmX wrote:Umm, i didnt make a test but as far as i see from the sp3 rc2, it updates these cab files: mediactr, netfx, tabletpc
yes but look at the bottom of medctroc.inf in the strings section, MCE version is 2.4 or something like that, where as sp2 is 3.0 and update rollup 2 is 4.0 so really sp3 is downgraded as far as mce is concerned.
I have both sp2 final and sp3 rc2 (from microsoft download), and both have same medctroc.inf files in them. Displays version as 2.8 in strings section. IMO they will update mce at final stage. THe file versions are different, that makes me think so :wink:
DJB wrote:OK I finally got a chance to test it.

It appears to be OK but it came up saying that it had problems registering MCE when it was installing.

Should I be trynig this with a Retail or OEM version of XP instead of a Corporate version?
Whats the exact error? Also when do you see that error message? AFAIK it should work on all versions of xp and 2003 server. I've used a corporate xp pro sp2 disc while testing.
UtCollector wrote:Hi MrNxDmX,

Thanks for this nice addon. :D

Can you tell met what the minimal needed parts are to run the MCE?. I have a minipc with reciever. Because i dont really want the dancing girl, screensavers, theme's, audioconverter, labelmaker and party mode for wmp.

I would be intrested in a MCE lite version.
What do you refer as lite? Tell me which components you'd like to install on windows, and i can help you with that :wink:
You dont want plus components, right?

DJB

Post by DJB » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:14 pm

@MrNxDmX

Shoot me a PM with your email address and I can send you a screenshot and log file.

Also I think what UtCollector means is to remove the PLUS components, so its basically just the normal Media Center. Personally I'd remove the SONIC.CAB also coz I don't need it, I have Nero if I want to burn stuff.

BTW Update: Tried with Retail version of XP SP2 and this is the logs I can provide.

UtCollector

Post by UtCollector » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi, You're right! :D I indeed meen the remove of the PLUS components. Alsow the Sonic part may be left out if its my call. (People can use ricks MCE addon if the wont the extra's)

Its would just the basic MCE for me :D
DJB wrote:@MrNxDmX

Shoot me a PM with your email address and I can send you a screenshot and log file.

Also I think what UtCollector means is to remove the PLUS components, so its basically just the normal Media Center. Personally I'd remove the SONIC.CAB also coz I don't need it, I have Nero if I want to burn stuff.

BTW Update: Tried with Retail version of XP SP2 and this is the logs I can provide.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:45 pm

PM sent DJB. I'll take care of your request UtCollector.
I have plans like this:
Make the cab links as seperate uploads,
Make seperate installers for each cab files, then user can choose which one to install,
make cab files updated...
Will take time, though :(

DJB

Post by DJB » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Email sent.

Updated CAB files would be great, coz I cant seem to integrate electrogen's update pack with it, for some weird reason it removes neede files. :?

The idea of making them all seperate is good too, that way it can be left up to the end-user to decide. But personally I think a lot of us only want the core Media Center and not all the crap that comes with it.

The Tablet addon would still be nice too if you can eventually get around to it, but no rush on that one.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Ok DJB, got email.

IMO, those errors may be because some errors:

1-about netfx 1.0 installations.
Remember that, in my test systems, netfx 1.0 failed if i install it before net fx 1.1.
Check your svcpack.inf file, and confirm that dotnetfx1.1 comes before netfx 1.0.
[SetupHotfixesToRun]
0_dotNET11SP1.exe--->First
0_dotNET10SP3.exe--->Second
NR_IT.exe--->Third
Your report file says that its a media center pc, then it cannot be a file registration problem.

2-About encdec.dll. Your report says that that file cannot be find in system32 dir. Can you check it?

I insist on first one :wink:

UtCollector

Post by UtCollector » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:18 am

Here is a link of the MEDIACTR.CAB file. Just uploaded it. Now i go and sleep.
http://www.divshare.com/download/3961616-86e
MD5 hash: 52990C21BBDBB35D285801D0ADED2472
Last edited by UtCollector on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:42 am

MrNxDmX wrote:
electrogen wrote:
I have both sp2 final and sp3 rc2 (from microsoft download), and both have same medctroc.inf files in them. Displays version as 2.8 in strings section. IMO they will update mce at final stage. THe file versions are different, that makes me think so ;)
Sorry i meant The XP MCE SP2 have a look in my mce addon pack it is version 3.0 in there.

DJB

Post by DJB » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:32 am

OK, I checked my svcpack.inf file, and this is what it was:

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
00DNF11.exe
01DNF20.exe (.net 1.1 and 2.0 installers)

0_dotNET11SP1.exe
0_dotNET10SP3.exe
NR_IT.exe

Now, the 00DNF11.exe and 01DNF20.exe files were inserted by me via another update pack. So, I'm thinking... If I move 0_dotNET11SP1.exe, 0_dotNET10SP3.exe, and NR_IT.exe to the top of the list (running 01DNF20.exe last), this may help.

I also checked for encdec.dll and it was present.

Gonna build a new disc tonight and test, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

UtCollector

Post by UtCollector » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:38 pm

Thank would be great! I put on a link for the media center part to help a bit. You can use it in you're post if you want.

I did a nother test with you're mce today. It does make xp think its a mce. That is great!. I changed the installer a bit so that the sonic and the plus part diden't get installed.

I used Orbit30's mce installer later in windows. I ripped the installer appart and removed the install stuf that i diden't wont. Last did the rollup updates. MCE works fine now sow far i tested.
MrNxDmX wrote:PM sent DJB. I'll take care of your request UtCollector.
I have plans like this:
Make the cab links as seperate uploads,
Make seperate installers for each cab files, then user can choose which one to install,
make cab files updated...
Will take time, though :(

DJB

Post by DJB » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:54 pm

SUCCESS !! :twisted:

I used this in my svcpack.inf file:
[SetupHotfixesToRun]
0_dotNET11SP1.exe
0_dotNET10SP3.exe
NR_IT.exe
01DNF20.exe <-- .NET Framework 2.0
No errors came up at all :)

This was built with a Corporate version too, so I'm thinking that it should run on all versions, it was just my mistakes that were making me think otherwise.

By the looks of it, you have to make sure no other framework is installed before the 1.1 SP1 and 1.0 SP3 that is included here (so obviously it don't like 2.0 being installed before it either).

Just a quick suggestion / request to electrogen if you're still reading, I'm thinking the best way to integrate the MCE Update Pack would be to include it in the svcpack.inf after MrNxDmX's MCE fix, as I was noticing problems when trying to integrate both at the same time with RyanVM's Integrator. If you could make your Update pack a silent installer .exe to include into the svcpack.inf file, we will finally have a close-to-perfect solution (for now).

Good work guys :)

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:17 am

DigeratiPrime wrote:A long time ago I figured out a way to install MCE on XP Pro without .NET Framework 1.0 and without errors see here:

The only thing I got stuck on was "integrating" the Update Rollup 2 package into the MEDIACTR.CAB to save time and space, I stopped pursuing it since the boxes I built for MCE purposes I "upgraded" to Vista with a few dual booting XP. :)
Why do we need this stupid .NET crap, if this guy did it without it? Seriously, MCE does not use the stupid framework, so why are you busting your balls trying to get .NET installed?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:46 am

Stimpy wrote:
DigeratiPrime wrote:A long time ago I figured out a way to install MCE on XP Pro without .NET Framework 1.0 and without errors see here:

Why do we need this stupid .NET crap, if this guy did it without it? Seriously, MCE does not use the stupid framework, so why are you busting your balls trying to get .NET installed?
That sounds interesting. But I can't find any info in that thread about not needing .net. I have never heard of a way to install it without .net.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:38 am

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:45 am

DigeratiPrime, come on down, and tell us how you did this!?! Anything to not have that .Net crap on my system!!! 8)