[Release] .NET 1.1 SP1 TRUE addon for WinXP

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

[Release] .NET 1.1 SP1 TRUE addon for WinXP

Postby nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:09 am

Onepiece's Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 with updates TRUE Addon for Windows XP

OnePiece Microsoft.NET Framework v1.1.4322.2503 True AddOn ENU
Image Update (July 10 2013)
Image Update (July 10 2013)
Image Update (July 10 2013)
Image Update (July 10 2013)
Hash MD5 18A2C471618924589568631E4F7BB4EB
Filesize: 12.7 MB (13,380,330 bytes)

The peculiarity of this addon is that it adds .NET 1.1 to your XP without using .msi files or svcpack/runonce installations, using a "true addon" integration, just like in Windows Server 2003.
So you'll get a working .NET framework already installed BEFORE T-13 (svcpack time), a very handy opportunity.

It includes all publicly released critical updates.

If you use Onepiece's XP postSP3 AIO Update Pack you don't need this addon because it is already included

Important notice for Integrator users
this addon is integrable with Nlite or RVMi 1.5.4 but not with RVMi 1.5.3 and previous builds.
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
boooggy
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:20 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Postby boooggy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:39 pm

super....
question when do we see a net2 true addon?lol
User avatar
yumeyao
Moderator
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:24 pm
Location: Taiyuan, Shanxi, PR China

Postby yumeyao » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:06 pm

super one..
maybe for dotnet 2 we need more works to do than this... be patient..
Image
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:54 pm

I guess we must wait a very long, long time before we see a .NET 2 true addon ;)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
cosy
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Postby cosy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm

good work, but I heard Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 makes PCs slower- is this true?
thank you
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Postby Fragbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Are you bringing up these errors with Siginet? I see no mention of this on his forum.
User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Postby Siginet » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Hmmm... That is a very odd bug. Could it be possible that the reference to netfx.cab in txtsetup.sif SourceDisks Files is missing the _ that tells it not to compress the file?

For instance:
driver.cab = 1,,,,,,_x,39,0,0

The "_" (Before the "x" or a digit) is telling Windows Install that the file will not be compressed as a single file. ;) It also tells the integrator not to compress the cab file as a single file.

I don't think this is a bug caused by the integrator but the syntax of the SourceDisksFiles code in the addon. ;) If OnePiece has any info that shows I am incorrect I will redesign the integrator to never compress cab files as single files. But... as far as I know it is the SourceDisksFiles code that is incorrect. ;)

BTW... the next integrator will no longer need the WBEM fixes. ;)

This is a great addon... and long awaited too. :) Thanks OnePiece and Nonno Fabio!
Image
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Postby Fragbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:33 pm

Image

Also the wbem fix, just like the other one, does not stop the IE icon error using RVMi on a SP3 VLK
User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Postby ENU_user » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:17 pm

its a bad idea having these mof files expanded... as you risk the out of memory setup errors

for a late breaking news the only correct wbem fix will be to simply get those line in quotation;marks

allowing txtsetup.sif to take care of their placements

Code: Select all

;napclientprov.mof
;napclientschema.mof


in extra file edits you can use it like this:

Code: Select all

wbemoc.inf|;napclientprov.mof|napclientprov.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientprov.mof|;napclientprov.mof|1
wbemoc.inf|;napclientschema.mof|napclientschema.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientschema.mof|;napclientschema.mof|1


or even so:

Code: Select all

wbemoc.inf|;napclientprov.mof,napprov.mof|napclientprov.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientprov.mof|;napclientprov.mof,napprov.mof|1
wbemoc.inf|;napclientschema.mof,napschem.mof|napclientschema.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientschema.mof|;napclientschema.mof,napschem.mof|1


or simply use the one from here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6290

seems to do a good job anyways ...




=====================================================

for the netfx confusing the correct placement of *.ca_

there is a workaround : (RVMi only)

rename netfx.cab in the addon to netfx1.cab
in entries.ini make this change:

Code: Select all

[FileMove]
NETFX1.CAB,NETFX.CAB

& presto .....

good luck ;)
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Postby Fragbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Image

For the record, no "fix addon" has EVER fixed this error when using addons in RVMi. I either have to use nlite to disable SFC - OR skip RVMi entirely and just use nlite to integrate addons.

This is the MSDN XP SP3 native VLK.

I ABSOLUTELY know I am not alone with this problem, but very surprised nobody else is vocal about it.
User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Postby ENU_user » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Fragbert my speakers almost blew at me their coil and they are not posed in any familiar position of attack!
if you are avoiding the need to use a specific tool, i cant see anyone stopping you.. & what does anyone have to do with you needing them to be "vocal" :?
it won't count ..
if you want, make a separate topic including details, expanding the subject...

good luck
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Postby Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:10 am

ENU_user wrote:Fragbert my speakers almost blew at me their coil and they are not posed in any familiar position of attack!
if you are avoiding the need to use a specific tool, i cant see anyone stopping you.. & what does anyone have to do with you needing them to be "vocal" :?
it won't count ..
if you want, make a separate topic including details, expanding the subject...

good luck


For somebody who calls themselves "ENU_user" I'm lucky if I understand 10% of your English :P

If you want details, there are few because it is very simple. Acquire a native SP3 VLK build and then integrate this addon or Kel's CPL with RVMI + the "fix" and then you see the result above.

We can certainly start a new thread about it if you want...
User avatar
crashfly
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Arkansas, USA

Postby crashfly » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:29 am

Fragbert wrote:For the record, no "fix addon" has EVER fixed this error when using addons in RVMi. I either have to use nlite to disable SFC - OR skip RVMi entirely and just use nlite to integrate addons.

This is the MSDN XP SP3 native VLK.

I ABSOLUTELY know I am not alone with this problem, but very surprised nobody else is vocal about it.

Did I miss something? I do not understand what error is being talked about. The picture offers no help of what the error might be and the text does not describe what the error is.

Maybe I just missed something? :?:
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Postby ENU_user » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 am

Fragbert: using here: latest rvmupdatepack (beta) that contains a fix +this addon +cpl bonus ... etc all with RVMi only!

as I said make your own topic, you will get some help there.
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:15 am

Siginet wrote:Hmmm... That is a very odd bug. Could it be possible that the reference to netfx.cab in txtsetup.sif SourceDisks Files is missing the _ that tells it not to compress the file?

For instance:
driver.cab = 1,,,,,,_x,39,0,0

The "_" (Before the "x" or a digit) is telling Windows Install that the file will not be compressed as a single file. ;) It also tells the integrator not to compress the cab file as a single file.

I don't think this is a bug caused by the integrator but the syntax of the SourceDisksFiles code in the addon. ;) If OnePiece has any info that shows I am incorrect I will redesign the integrator to never compress cab files as single files. But... as far as I know it is the SourceDisksFiles code that is incorrect. ;)

BTW... the next integrator will no longer need the WBEM fixes. ;)

This is a great addon... and long awaited too. :) Thanks OnePiece and Nonno Fabio!


Yes, it's so but InOnepiece'sHumbleOpinion is caused by rvmi, this because in txtsetup.sif line is
netfx.cab = 4,,,,,,_x,,3,3
It's true that RVMI reads this line and decides not to cab netfx.cab, but here problem is that rvmi confuses netfx.ca_ already in CD with netfx.cab, that is rvmi cabs netfx.cab too and the problem is here: He thinks for same reason even [movefile] command doesn't work. For example, if you go to CD and delete netfx.ca_ (netfx.cat) before integrating then you integrate the addon, in this way is all O.K. So he's almost sure that RVMi find a netfx.ca_ file in cd and confounds the 2 files. Here's an example: if you use an addon with an entries.ini file like this
;

Code: Select all

This section allows you to edit things that normally would not be possible to edit.
[ExtraFileEdits]
SYSOC.inf|netfx=netfxocm.dll,UrtOcmProc,netfxocm.inf,hide,7|netfx=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,netfxocm.inf,hide,7|1

;This section allows you to move a file to another place in your destination.
[FileMove]
NETFX.CAB,..\cmpnents\netfx\i386\*

;This section contains a list of files in i386 which should be compressed at the very
;beginning of the integration process
[i386_compress]
rvmtemp\extracted\NETFX.CAT

netfx.cab goes correctly in cmpnents\netfx\i386, but rvmi deletes netfx.ca_, already present before addon integration. It's odd but it's so. IOHO in a normal addon rvmi cabs netfx.cab too: it's true that RVMi wouldn't do it because it reads in txtsetup.sif the command which tells it that the CD file is not cabbed, but he thinks that rvmi cabs it anyway because it's mistaken by netfx.ca_ file in cd.

So as netfx.cab is in cd by default, you can tell rvmi when it finds a netfx.cab file to move it in cmpnents\netfx\i386
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 am

ENU_user wrote:its a bad idea having these mof files expanded... as you risk the out of memory setup errors

for a late breaking news the only correct wbem fix will be to simply get those line in quotation;marks

allowing txtsetup.sif to take care of their placements

Code: Select all

;napclientprov.mof
;napclientschema.mof


in extra file edits you can use it like this:

Code: Select all

wbemoc.inf|;napclientprov.mof|napclientprov.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientprov.mof|;napclientprov.mof|1
wbemoc.inf|;napclientschema.mof|napclientschema.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientschema.mof|;napclientschema.mof|1


or even so:

Code: Select all

wbemoc.inf|;napclientprov.mof,napprov.mof|napclientprov.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientprov.mof|;napclientprov.mof,napprov.mof|1
wbemoc.inf|;napclientschema.mof,napschem.mof|napclientschema.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientschema.mof|;napclientschema.mof,napschem.mof|1


or simply use the one from here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6290

seems to do a good job anyways ...




=====================================================

for the netfx confusing the correct placement of *.ca_

there is a workaround : (RVMi only)

rename netfx.cab in the addon to netfx1.cab
in entries.ini make this change:

Code: Select all

[FileMove]
NETFX1.CAB,NETFX.CAB

& presto .....

good luck ;)


Onepiece thanks you very much
He knows already those codelines but in his opinion he never thought they was O.K. because he can't modify an .inf file, when its lines are written in txtsetup.sif file and above all in LAYOUT.inf in a different way. also Nuhi has dropped them in his Nlite since sp3 beta because those line don't work always. Onepiece is very similar to current Nuhi's one and doesn't touch nothing in those files or in cd. Windows usa Onepiece's command only in case of error. If not, it never read Onepiece's .inf file lines but it will refer directly to layout.inf; in other words those lines are written by Microsoft itself: he will modify them only if it is necessary, so he thinks.

about
[FileMove]
NETFX1.CAB,NETFX.CAB

yes, we know it works but we can't do it because it breaks Nlite integration instead: Nlite knows it by name and so it can't be renamed.
This would mean two different addons for Nlite and RVMi :(
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:44 am

Fragbert wrote:Are you bringing up these errors with Siginet? I see no mention of this on his forum.


Old PVTs.. ;)

About first screenshot, I think is my fault too: Addon was silently updated and destination directory was changed.

You should redownload it and follow these instuctions:
it is required to save a copy of netfx.cab file from i386 source folder to another place, execute the integration and when finished and before making the .iso, place back the netfx.cab copy inside your source "cmpnents\netfx\i386" folder
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Postby Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:31 am

nonno fabio wrote:
Fragbert wrote:Are you bringing up these errors with Siginet? I see no mention of this on his forum.


Old PVTs.. ;)

About first screenshot, I think is my fault too: Addon was silently updated and destination directory was changed.

You should redownload it and follow these instuctions:
it is required to save a copy of netfx.cab file from i386 source folder to another place, execute the integration and when finished and before making the .iso, place back the netfx.cab copy inside your source "cmpnents\netfx\i386" folder


I still get the error, it wont integrate. Is there something I need to do BEFORE I integrate?
User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Postby Siginet » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:47 pm

nonno fabio wrote:
Siginet wrote:Hmmm... That is a very odd bug. Could it be possible that the reference to netfx.cab in txtsetup.sif SourceDisks Files is missing the _ that tells it not to compress the file?

For instance:
driver.cab = 1,,,,,,_x,39,0,0

The "_" (Before the "x" or a digit) is telling Windows Install that the file will not be compressed as a single file. ;) It also tells the integrator not to compress the cab file as a single file.

I don't think this is a bug caused by the integrator but the syntax of the SourceDisksFiles code in the addon. ;) If OnePiece has any info that shows I am incorrect I will redesign the integrator to never compress cab files as single files. But... as far as I know it is the SourceDisksFiles code that is incorrect. ;)

BTW... the next integrator will no longer need the WBEM fixes. ;)

This is a great addon... and long awaited too. :) Thanks OnePiece and Nonno Fabio!


Yes, it's so but InOnepiece'sHumbleOpinion is caused by rvmi, this because in txtsetup.sif line is
netfx.cab = 4,,,,,,_x,,3,3
It's true that RVMI reads this line and decides not to cab netfx.cab, but here problem is that rvmi confuses netfx.ca_ already in CD with netfx.cab, that is rvmi cabs netfx.cab too and the problem is here: He thinks for same reason even [movefile] command doesn't work. For example, if you go to CD and delete netfx.ca_ (netfx.cat) before integrating then you integrate the addon, in this way is all O.K. So he's almost sure that RVMi find a netfx.ca_ file in cd and confounds the 2 files. Here's an example: if you use an addon with an entries.ini file like this
;

Code: Select all

This section allows you to edit things that normally would not be possible to edit.
[ExtraFileEdits]
SYSOC.inf|netfx=netfxocm.dll,UrtOcmProc,netfxocm.inf,hide,7|netfx=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,netfxocm.inf,hide,7|1

;This section allows you to move a file to another place in your destination.
[FileMove]
NETFX.CAB,..\cmpnents\netfx\i386\*

;This section contains a list of files in i386 which should be compressed at the very
;beginning of the integration process
[i386_compress]
rvmtemp\extracted\NETFX.CAT

netfx.cab goes correctly in cmpnents\netfx\i386, but rvmi deletes netfx.ca_, already present before addon integration. It's odd but it's so. IOHO in a normal addon rvmi cabs netfx.cab too: it's true that RVMi wouldn't do it because it reads in txtsetup.sif the command which tells it that the CD file is not cabbed, but he thinks that rvmi cabs it anyway because it's mistaken by netfx.ca_ file in cd.

So as netfx.cab is in cd by default, you can tell rvmi when it finds a netfx.cab file to move it in cmpnents\netfx\i386


OK... guess that's what I get for assuming before looking at the addon's contents. ;) I have confirmed it is officially a bug with the integrator. Not sure how something like this slipped into the integrator. But I will make sure to fix this before the next release is final.
Image
--Siginet--


Techware

Your Virtual Technician

Computer Management Software
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:17 am

thank you very much, Siginet ;)

EDIT: New silent release. The Nlite issue was caused by an Onepiece's mistake in entries.ini file, now fixed.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
TechnoHunter
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:13 am

Postby TechnoHunter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:52 am

anyone else have a prompt show up with "insert windows xp professional cd2" asking for web_mediumtrust.config as a file if you integrate this addon? or is that somehow related to the webmoc_repair addon?

any advise much appreciated as the only results from a search of the forums is in an abandoned .net 1 + 2 addon (keytotime's post about duplicate files)

thanks in advance!

TechnoHunter
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:24 am

If you're an RVMi user (I suppose so as you add WBEM fix) you must manually copy new Netfx.cab file from addon to your new Win CD \CMPNENTS\NETFX\I386 folder, at the end of integration process before making iso.
I know it's a little annoying but it will be fixed in next RVMi release
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
TechnoHunter
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:13 am

Postby TechnoHunter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm

ahh.. i must have mis-understood the directions.. :) i grabbed the cab file from the iso, moved it, integrated the addon, then copied the cab back into the folder mentioned above... what i didnt do was grab the one from the addon.. -blush- my bad

thanks for clearing up my confusion!
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:48 pm

don't worry: it's not your fault. The addon was silently changed and the previous description was not so clear...
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
kal
Moderator
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Paris/FRANCE

Postby kal » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:55 am

Awesome AddOn! Any chance to see it in French ? ;)
I tried to look at the structure, but it seems really complex...
thedexmonster
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Postby thedexmonster » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:12 pm

OK... I have a stupid question :)
Does this just update the current files?
Meaning, can I remove the dot net files using nlite and integrate this in the same session?
I ask because there are 2 folders on the cd. cmpnents and dotnetfx. They use 65MB as opposed to a 12MB addon.
User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4380
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Postby Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey dex = Those folders are trash!

They only contain files, they are not used AT ALL unless you munually install them.

See here = http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/57/ For a detailed explanation...
thedexmonster
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Postby thedexmonster » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:34 am

I thought so... thanks for replying!
User avatar
alur
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:04 pm

Postby alur » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:46 am

Fragbert wrote:For the record, no "fix addon" has EVER fixed this error when using addons in RVMi. I either have to use nlite to disable SFC - OR skip RVMi entirely and just use nlite to integrate addons.

This is the MSDN XP SP3 native VLK.

I ABSOLUTELY know I am not alone with this problem, but very surprised nobody else is vocal about it.

If you are referring to IE and etc not getting installed during the setup this is usually due to some .inf loaded by sysoc.ing not working, which seems to cause every component in that file to not get installed. Just try removing whatever you suspect might be broken from there and give it another try.
A sufficient amount of googling is indistinguishable from actual knowledge.
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Postby Fragbert » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:43 pm

FYI: Still need the fix addon for RVMi 1.5.4 beta, otherwise the same broken stuff.
User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Postby Siginet » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:21 am

RVM Integrator v1.5.4 Beta 2 should fix the issues with this addon not integrating properly. You also no longer will need the wbemoc fix anymore. ;)
Image
--Siginet--


Techware

Your Virtual Technician

Computer Management Software
User avatar
dougiefresh
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Contact:

Postby dougiefresh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:30 pm

I can't seem to download from Sharebee. Can you upload to Rapidshare? Thanks!
Visit me at home: http://xptsp.filetap.com
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:46 am

Sharebee means also Rapidshare: when you click on it, you get this linktoo
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
dougiefresh
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Contact:

Postby dougiefresh » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:53 am

All I was getting was links back to Sharebee, not Rapidshare or anything else. Thanks for posting that link!
Visit me at home: http://xptsp.filetap.com
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 am

Clicking on the link (with IE7) should take you to this page:
ImageImage
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
mionica
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Timisoara TM, RO
Contact:

Postby mionica » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Integrating into a Tablet PC 2005 SP3 source breaks the TabletPC input panel. I've noticed tabletpc.inf copies a .cfg as copy2gac.config in the framework folder, however copy2gac is missing from (this) the 1.1 package.
Any ideas?
Mircea Horea IONICA
mionica@as.ro
+40 (0)766 694495
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 am

Copy2gac.exe is no more present in .Net 1.1 (it uses gacutil.exe). About copy2gac.config read this: Microsoft considers that TabletPCs can use not only 1.0 but 1.1 too.

But if it isn't so, that is TabletPC needs 1.0, I'll put a note on the first post about non-compatibility of the addon with it
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
mionica
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Timisoara TM, RO
Contact:

Postby mionica » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Okay, put the note there...

SP3 edition of tabletpc.inf does that by itself - a file with those exact contents gets copied as Copy2gac.exe.config in the %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 folder. Apparently, that's not good enough.

Strange enough, I didn't know 1.1 was not downwards compatible with 1.0.
Mircea Horea IONICA

mionica@as.ro

+40 (0)766 694495
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Re: [Release] Onepiece .NET 1.1 SP1 TRUE addon for WinXP

Postby Fragbert » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:33 pm

nonno fabio wrote:Onepiece's Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 TRUE Addon for Windows XP

- for MSDN XP sp3 CDs:
OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v1.1.4322.2407_True_AddOn.ENU.CAB 12.5 MB
http://uwtvcw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pYaWL4PDKjYe5D1qBByOTlsUmdthT8E-at4Tcf5ODlh7dTOGWBbds4krIi5-CqNxUuadZ4D1oS50/OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v1.1.4322.2407_True_AddOn.ENU.CAB?download
Hash MD5 6D5E523EB211C400794E8A8302C62820



Link appears broken today.
User avatar
pen25jf
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:22 pm

Postby pen25jf » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Just a question: what's the difference between this add-on and RogueSpear's? I run RogueSpear's at 0_dotnet.exe so I know it's running first, OR, am I missing something, which is very possible about the "true" addon thingy?? Thanks!
User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 453
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Postby compstuff » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Great questions since I too am wondering the same thing :wink:
I have been using RogueSpear's for a very long time with no problems so I am wondering if their is any benefit to changing?
User avatar
lespea
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Postby lespea » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:50 am

It is my understanding that this doesn't actually install anything.... it "inserts" it into the windows disc as if it were installed. Sort of like slipstreaming a service pack.
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:08 am

the difference with this true addon is that you have a .Net framework already installed and working before T13 (svcpack) stage of Windows setup.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 453
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Postby compstuff » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Thanks for the responses... I am going to try a change to the true addon and do some experimenting... my initila thoughts are:

take XP-SP3
update latest POST SP3 package
then add the true .NET1

I could then use that as a my "base" for the rest of my addon tests...
User avatar
mionica
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Timisoara TM, RO
Contact:

Postby mionica » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:40 pm

To put it plainly: it replaces .Net framework 1.0 (meaning, if you install this, .Net 1.0 is gone) , and also it makes sure it installs (Windows XP Home/Pro doesn't install .Net by default - but Tablet PC Edition and Media Center Edition do).

An unfortunate effect is that at least the TPC software won't work on 1.1, it requiring 1.0. I don't know about MCE, but I expect that might also break.

This is very good though for XP Home/Pro users who, for whatever reason, choose to have .Net 1.1 installed. I've never heard of any commercial software which used 1.0, so if you don't use TabletPC or MediaCenter, it's a worthy addition.
Mircea Horea IONICA

mionica@as.ro

+40 (0)766 694495
lsrkin
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Postby lsrkin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Links are broken :/


Upd.: hmm, seems they didn't work for some time.
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:45 am

@lsrkin: down for maintainance: sorry. Try now ;)

@mionica: thanks for your clear explanation: I couldn't do better!
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead
User avatar
lespea
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Postby lespea » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 pm

I just get a blank page (ie and firefox)
Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Postby Fragbert » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 am

I use the MSDN XP SP3 native ISO so I noticed the new addon made just for this version - this is what happens:
Image

The other addon has no problems.
User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1626
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Postby nonno fabio » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:53 am

We have retried one more time but we don't see that error.

Could you retry on a clean XP MSDN source with RVMi and dotnet addon only? Maybe you have in your integration list another addon which needs .Net and it has been integrated before .Net addon...?

Thanks!

Oops... and please verify that the hash is the same of the one you have downloaded, because the addon is silently changed some days ago
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Return to “Update Pack Addons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests