IMPORTANT!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

IMPORTANT!

Post by Siginet » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:21 pm

All of my websites will be going down for a little while. I have gotten a new host a while back and have been putting off transfering everything for too long. Now my old host wants to charge me $400 to extend my account. :eek: But I am through with dreamhost and will not pay them a penny. They have lost my business forever.

Unfortunately I know there are some users here who have files hosted by me. Please try to grab your files imediately! My deadline to leave dreamhost is tommorrow. :( So I don't have much time at all. I will try to grab as much as I can.... but I may not be able to grab it all.

Any files hosted in the Addons DB should be backed up fine. That is one of the main things I will concenterate on. But it still would be smart to grab your files from there as well.

Sorry for such a short notice... but I just found out I had this deadline a few minutes ago as well. :(

this is the last thing I want to be doing right now. My wifes B-Day is tommorrow!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:26 pm

Don't worry about mine, I have local backups. :)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:21 am

Hey, as much as we all hate to admit it, we know that your wife's birthday is more important. :) Take care of what's REALLY important.

Cheers and Regards.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:26 pm

If you're moving from Dreamhost then I would recommend you remove the announcement at the top of this page.

If they are that bad there's no use recommending them to anyone. :D

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:41 pm

I've never had a problem (a big one anyway) with Dreamhost. And I've heard horror stories about pretty much every single hosting company out there. I think that they're pretty much along the lines of ISPs, cables companies, and insurance companies. They all suck and it's a roll of the dice with whoever you sign up with.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:53 pm

Likewise, I'm still using them without issue.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm

I am having an issue with the backup I made for the Addons DB website. :( For some reason my backup is not wanting to import properly. That is why there are many missing files on the http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com website.

If anyone is good at figuring out phpmyadmin sql file importing please let me know if you want to try to help. I know the info is backed up but something in the sql file is failing and not allowing everything to import. :(
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

beats

Post by beats » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Siginet wrote:If anyone is good at figuring out phpmyadmin sql file importing please let me know if you want to try to help. I know the info is backed up but something in the sql file is failing and not allowing everything to import. :(
phpAdmin is nice, but it's crap when it comes to importing larger SQL files (like... anything over 10MB). Get BigDump, it's very easy to use, and it's especially designed to restore larger MySQL dumps.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:49 pm

ah yes. nothing better than bigdump :D

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Yes I tried bigdump allready as well. But the problem is something in the syntax that is messing it up. But I don't have enough knowledge with sql files to know how to fix my issue. :(
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

orcoxp

Post by orcoxp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 pm

sent a PM
Chris Thomson
AKA OrcoXP

PHP/MySQL/phpMyAdmin 2 & 3 successfully running simultaneously on XP SP3 IIS.