[Release] SlateRefresh v1.5 Add-On ~1/25/05~

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

[Release] SlateRefresh v1.5 Add-On ~1/25/05~

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:38 pm

SlateTheme Version 4.1 has now replaced by SlateRefresh Version 1.5!

This is a fully working and well tested version of this pack, you should no longer have any problems with installations of this pack!

What I basically did was make my own personal pack from various files I use from various places around the net. The original Theme was called "Slate v4.0", (and permission was given for me to use it by,) "deadknightz" of WindowsX, Thanks deadnightz!
The Original Theme can be downloaded by clicking on the picture below:
The Slate PDC version of the theme, note no sidebar is included and some modifications aren't in this version!
ImageImage
Kimberkilt's Jeffereson State Park Pic DisabledTrucker's Pond Picture
LClock update
The original author of this is AmericanPsycho

NOTE(S):
1/25/2005 Updated the SlateTheme Refresh Pack to version 1.5 and totally corrected all the errors I had in the pack, this pack is now working correctly! I've also discontinued the smaller pack, I will no longer be making it as well! See below for changes it makes to you system.

1/9/2005 Update: I hopefully took care of the framedyn.dll error that was being seen with the latest updates, you'll have to use a fresh slipstream though to fix it though. What I basically did was go back and look at how M$ did thier INF files and used that as a template for my themes so now they should work correctly, assuming, that is, I got all the numerical placements correct. There is also now only two packs, the "Slate Theme" which is ALL three themes without any modifications to folders, etc. The "Slate Refresh" one still has ALL three themes and it modifies your folders with icons, adds an AUTORUN, etc to your install. There will no longer be a pack with just the two Slate Themes in it!

This pack doesn't include the needed UXTHEME.DLL file, you need to either use StyleXP or similar software, or obtain the hacked UXTHEME.DLL file elsewhere here on this forum for this theme to work!

I've spent litterally weeks updating this pack so that everything should work correctly and is as small as it currently is. Thanks to everyone who helped me learn what I needed to do to accomplish all this. As well as everyone else that's not specifially mentioned that helped in some way or form.

The LClock is a seperate pack that will install and modify the LClock so it looks like the one above. It also adds most if not all of the calendar themes with it too, from the Neowin site where LClock is from, so yes you can just use this one instead of dgelwin's pack. The main difference between them is the color of the clock in the taskbar as well as the extra theme I made as well as the added stuff in my pack.

The icons that are used in this pack are from Fooods icons, as well as from Apple and Microsoft and myself. (Yes I created most of them, though the artwork is someone elses for the most part.) I have modified the ones from Fooods specifically for this pack, note the color differences of the folders for example. All readme's are in the sub-folders relative to what they are for, (Icons readmes are in Icons\Readmes and Themes readmes are in Themes\Readmes.)

The wallpapers you've seen above are a taste of what's included in this pack. Kimberkilt's picture and mine are both hosted at flickr.com on our pages, thanks Kim for your permission to use yours too!

There are also cursors, the missing Lucida fonts from XP, and screensavers included as well. The only i386 folder modification this pack makes is that your Bliss.jpg file will be renamed to old bliss and replaced by the new one shown above by AmericanPsycho. If you want to make this a default theme, you must look elsewhere in the forums for more information on doing it.

The themes will install in their defualt directory and will place themselves in your desktop properties for selection. If you select them by using one of the "Theme" drop down list on the "Themes" tab, then they will apply what I have preset for them to use, (hopefully,) if you don't like the way I have done anything in the "Theme" files, then modify it to suit yourself, I have no problems with it.

IF YOU APPLY THE NOW DEFUNCT LONGHORN TRANSFORMATION PACK AFTER THIS THEME, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE THEMES USED IN THIS PACK AS THEY ARE DIFFERENT! THE NEW VISTA TRANSFORMATION PACK SHOULD HAVE NO BEARING ON IT AT ALL OUTSIDE OF COSMETIC CHANGES YOU MAKE WHILE DOING IT, THE THEMES THEMSELVES SHOULD STILL BE INTACT.
Without further ado, here are the links to everything:
SlateRefresh v1.5 Transformation Pack at:
Sha1 HASH: D7B63BB34D3A8669D00E7C6D0618A98422D6549F ~27.3 MB (28,679,357 bytes)
RapidUpload (For those of you who don't like RapidShare/Filefront)
FileFront

LClock:
See site for hash info: FileFront

UPDATE ON TESTS:
I've tested the LClock with Server 2003 and found it will work on it, you'll want to change the color scheme on it though as Windows Server 2003's default color scheme looks like crap and this will barely show up on it using the default color. Your options would be to either change the color manually, combine dgelwins black LClock color scheme, via the LClock.ini file, with this pack, or just use his altogether as they are basically the same packs, I just add more to mine and have my own calendar I created for my version included in mine, that dgelwin doesn't have in his. Either way both will work in Server 2003.

I've yet to test the theme in Server 2003 mostly because it, by defualt, doesn't use themes instead opting for the ugly ass excuse of shell that has been around since Windows 95. But if you were to turn that feature on, then the theme should work with it as well, I've just not yet tested it though, so no promises on that one.

Please let me know below if you find any problems with these packs!

I would also like to take this oppertunity to thank all the board members who've helped me with my packs, including but not limited to:
RyanVM for his original idea about making an integrated way for us to slipstream all of this
Siginet for the Installer which makes this happen as well as some help with the packs.
dgelwin for his help with these packs
Xable for his idea and way of redoing the packs
f9cator for helping me realize when there was bugs still in these packs!
Everyone else who I haven't mentioned who's helped me out in some way or another
Thanks guys keep up the excellent work and hopefully 2006 will bring about even more addons for this excellent way of integrating your operating systems...

Enjoy ~DisabledTrucker~ :wink:
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 62 times in total.
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:51 pm

holy crap 15 mb, im on dialup this is gonna take a while, ill install and test it for ya, let you know how everything goes. :D
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:06 pm

The files are double compressed.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:34 am

Ok, I'll fix the double compression and reupload it, give me a while to do it..

Apparently what happened it didn't like me making a cabinet out of my compressed files, so I redone it with the full files, they will need compressing when you put them into you're install disk. The files with .msstyle and .theme will need to have thier names shortened as well or they wont be recognized by the installer.

It's now uploaded again so try the link now, you'll also notice a slightly smaller, (it's now 14.5MB) download...

Not sure what happened before, but I think I got it now where they aren't "double compressed"... :oops:

One last edit, I don't use the RyanVM Installer to do this, so it is all new to me, I just made the .ini file for it and put everything I use into it and made a cabinet of it.
I do things a lot differently... I put them into the install disk compressed and use modified installer files to do it, but I do it all manually and make it my default look. I'm not sure which all files I use because I modified a lot of them a while ago and use a that slipstreamed disk to make all my other "integrated" disks from it. All I have to do then is use the RyanVM integrator to add the extra files for the updates and go... I even have all the files integrated for fasttx controller done that way as well. Those things never change with my setup so I made a slipstreamed disk with those in it and always use it for all my other disks.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:24 pm

There are some files that have spaces in them in the txtsetup portion of your entries file. You need to add quotes around them or there will be errors during installation. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:57 pm

Thanks, there shouldn't be, but I will fix that as soon as I can ... I'll post again after I reupload it to let everyone know when it's fixed...

For those who don't want to wait, you can either add them yourself or add underlines where the spaces are... Will also save you from having to redownload it again...

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:04 am

@disabledtrucker, i dont think adding underscores will work. but quotes work perfectly.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:55 am

I think this addon may have more issues than this. It actually completley hindered my disk somehow. :(
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:23 am

I have still yet to fix the problem with the quotes, my system I have it on is slowed currently by some other work I am working on to the point I either have to wait for what it's doing or reboot, and rebooting's not an option at this point... (File compression of rather humongous files from drive to drive is taxing and time consuming on any computer shy of a weather server, then it could well be on that as well...)

Anyone else see any problems with it other than Siginet? And Siginet what is the cabinet size of the one you're using? Have you tried the latest one I put up? (After you marked this as a release?) I'll look at it again and see what it is, once my computer's done doing it's tasks if I can get it to work again, will be later today sometime though before I can do anything...

EDIT:

Ok, I think I have found my problem, (and Siginets too possibly,) I used the same codes that M$ uses for it's files when it come to placement of the cursors, (I can't think of anything else I used the same exact codes for off hand and like I mentioned I can't get into the file right away to look at it, so it will be later when I do.) If you see something like "1,,,,,,3,3," etc that probably should be changed to "100,,,,,,25,0,0," or the corresponding placement for the file. I basically found the line I had it at in the TXTSETUP file and copied it over, but since I have more throughly integrated it, must be why it works for me that way. Just modifing the TEXTSETUP and DOSNET files obviously isn't enough for it to work the way I have it currently, I'll have to go back and fix that part of it at least.

Also, I was curious as to if there was a way to modify any of the other files M$ uses such as the HIVE's and layout.inf or other files with this method?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:13 pm

Please do not pm me with questions like this. That is what the forums are for.
Look into the [ExtraFileEdits] section or the [EditFile] section.

More info Here
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:40 am

Ok, I think I have it fixed finally, uploading it now, give it a try and see how this one does, if it's still not working, I'll just pull out the "extras" and leave the theme itself with the backgrounds, since I know they should work...

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:20 pm

Has anyone tried this latest one yet to see if it's working correctly yet?

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:26 pm

when i started out i released my addons too fast wihtout properly testing, i took xables advice and decided to thoroughly test all my addons before testing instead of waiting for the other forum members to do the testing for me, i recomend instead of releasing betas, wait till your addons work correctly for you then ask a couple friends to test them then post a release.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:19 am

Hold on, I have found yet another problem with the way it's installing, for some reason it's having a problem with the .theme and .msstyles files so I have decided to include them in a .7z folder inside the cabinet file for whomever may need them. I can't figure out as to why I haven't seen this problem before, or why it's happened with my latest install, but it causes the Windows installer to hang. I have never seen that problem before so I couldn't tell you why it's doing it. I've also found out too that the .theme files I was previously using, were the wrong ones, so now the correct ones are in the pack. (Brain fart there!)

I'll upload the new pack soon with a few new additions. I've added a lot of Lucida fonts, (no I don't remember where they are from, as I have collected them over time, they've just appeared in my fonts folder,) as well as now it also will replace your Bliss.jpg file with the "new" one that's been floating all over the internet. I've also included the old one, incase you don't want the new one in the .7z file as well. I'll attempt to post a pic of it somewhere so you can see which one I'm talking about when I post the new cab. I'm also adding a few more cursors to round out the schemes.

I should also make note, that I've made the SlatePDC a "Lefty" theme and the SlateXP a "Righty" theme for the cursors, you can always change them if you need to, the cursors will work with any theme.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:31 am

Thought I would also let you all know that just for a FYI, the guy who make DVDDecryptor is now making a new program called ImgBurn, which will come in handy for those who only need to burn an ISO image to a CD/DVD. This newer version doesn't do any DVD Decrypting at all, only burning. You can learn more by going to http://www.imgburn.com.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:44 am

Ok, all I have re-uploaded a newer version of this now, please see the first posting for what all has been done thus far to it. I hopefully have finally fixed the problem with the .theme and .msstyle files causing the installer to hang, but no gaurentees as of yet on this. Everything else should work just fine, if there are any errors please let me know.

I just tested it and didn't see any errors, but that doesn't mean anything, as you all well know.

FOOSA

Post by FOOSA » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:46 am

After integrating this pack with Signet's RVM Integrator 1.0.5

During the initial screen while copying files during Windows Setup it shows an error in the end:

"The file slatexp.mst was not copied correctly" and "The file slatepdc.mst was not copied correctly"

I even tried inegrating your theme with nLite RC3 - I still get the same errror

... but after completing the Windows Setup, both themes seem to work well... weird!

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:55 am

@FOOSA what's up with the yellow, large type message?

ViVa

Post by ViVa » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:00 am

I think it's more like "orange and bold". :shock:

FOOSA

Post by FOOSA » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:34 am

Why? Is it not alowed? Orange and Bold just makes it more clear and bright to read.

Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:58 pm

FOOSA wrote:After integrating this pack with Signet's RVM Integrator 1.0.5

During the initial screen while copying files during Windows Setup it shows an error in the end:

"The file slatexp.mst was not copied correctly" and "The file slatepdc.mst was not copied correctly"

I even tried inegrating your theme with nLite RC3 - I still get the same errror

... but after completing the Windows Setup, both themes seem to work well... weird!
So has anyone else experience this problem? It would just be nice to know if it is a common error that many are having, or if it is just happening to FOOSA. I'll integrate it and see if it happens with me and post back.

FOOSA

Post by FOOSA » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:04 am

@Mithrandir - Yes please try it yourself and update us.

@Disabled Trucker - Where are you friend? Please fix this great theme of yours, Im sure many of us like me want to use it in their copy of WinXP Pro.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:46 am

As I've posted in the members only thread, this is an error I have been seeing with those files. Yes, it seems to be a common error, that should have been fixed with the pack that is posted, but it seems that some are still seeing it. It will be a couple of days before I'm able to use Siginet's suggestions to fix this, because the system I have the files on is currently down due to a problem with a driver integration in my latest slipstream. As I said above, I don't see this problem with this latest pack when using the 1.05 version of the integrator anymore. I'm not using a virtualpc though to do my installs with, I do them on a live system and it's working, so I thank you all for reporting back that it's still having problems. If the suggestions Siginet made don't work, then that will just be an error that people will have to overlook when installing if they see it. It does install correctly, but for some reason it's just not looking like it when windows installs it. I've installed it now 30 times since I've placed the latest pack up there this last time, and it's worked each time correctly, but that's not to say that others wont be having this problem still.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:26 pm

@DisabledTrucker,
can i have your permission to rebuild your pack, the reason i want to rebuild is because there are a couple things i dont need that i would like to take out, plus a couple different icons sets i would like to add, so i could switch depending on my mood. also if you can plz recommend a couple different logon screens this would be awesome.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:57 pm

Sure do whatever you want to, please fix the install location of the LClock as well, just don't modify the ini files inside it, because I have them set for this scheme, if you don't mind. Give me a couple min's to update the link though, I've just reuploaded a fix for the problem I was having above. As far as logon screens goes I use the Vista Transformation Pack 2.x to get mine, so I couldn't really tell you what to do there. You can get that from WindowsX's new site or possibly even from Neowin's site.

*EDIT*
Ok, the new one is up now, and I already put in the fixes for the LClock, I still wouldn't use this pack with dgelwin's LCLock though because he uses a cabinet file for his and this doesn't. This still adds the color changes and the extra themes though for it. I've also redone the problem .mst and .the files with this update, so please let me know if anyone's having a problem with it now. If no more problems arise, it will be a final release for a while, until I get more things to include in it figured out.

*Update*
I will be making another update to this pack in order to fix it so that the LClock doesn't conflict with the one that dgelwin uses with this pack for those who use that as well. I'll have to take some time with that because I'll also go through the other packs as well and make sure there isn't any conflicts, if you happen upon one, other than the LClock problem, please let me know. Any help you can offer about a different way of making this pack would also be appreciated.
FOOSA wrote: I even tried inegrating your theme with nLite RC3 - I still get the same errror
As I noted in the pack, I didn't claim that it would work with nLite as I don't use that at all to do my installs, I just added the information for it so that it "might" would work with it. I'm not going to guarantee that it ever will work with nLite.
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:23 am

I'm trying to get the owner of this pic:
to let me use it in this pack as well. Though any size above 1280x1024 wouldn't be a good desktop at all imo.

I'll also add this one:
as well. If you too would like to add this latter one to one of your packs, let me know that you've done it and that you give me the credit for the picture as it's mine.
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:28 am

the img switch only works on direct images, so here

also the pict you posted is the medium one. i recomend you either use the large or the original one. :D

also , glado to report i got your pack slimed downt to 9 mb, have no clue how though because all i did was recab most stuff didnt even remove anything, go figure.

--edit, hahaha he already fixed it.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:39 am

dgelwin wrote:the img switch only works on direct images, so here
~clipped Kimberkilt's pic~
I had figured that out after I posted it, I had to go back and grab the correct address from the picture.
also the pict you posted is the medium one. i recomend you either use the large or the original one. :D
That's why I linked to the original one, if you click on it, it will now take you to it.
also , glado to report i got your pack slimed downt to 9 mb, have no clue how though because all i did was recab most stuff didnt even remove anything, go figure.
Also, thanks for making it smaller for me.
--edit, hahaha he already fixed it.
Yeah but you have to be careful doing that as everything in that pack was compressed already with JCarles' utility. Not sure what you did to recompress it though and if it's working with the smaller sizes correctly, is there some way you can send it to me and I'll post it up there instead. That's assuming like you said the only thing you did to it was recompress the files that are in it. You can PM me for my gmail address if that will make things easier. Also was that done to the 1.6 version of the pack?
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:09 am

yeah that and upx every executable and screen saver in it :D

i loved the nvidia screen savers, but i hated the file size, so upx was the compromise

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:14 am

changes so far are these.

-upx'd all screen savers.
-got rid of the originals.7z file and placed in shortcut in start menu\accesories\themes\download slate original.lnk instead
-modifyped everything
-ultracabbed everything using power archiver.
-cabbed all similar items into single cab files such as i have one cab file with all the fonts, one with all the images, one with all the shelltyles, and a inf to control all of it, that way you dont have to take up precious txtsetup dirs.

and im not finished yet, so ill keep you updated trough pm, or if you wish add me to your messenger, that way i can send you the updates periodically so you can test them.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:14 pm

I sent you an email about it, did you get it?

Wait you don't want to cabinet all of the jpg's the one for the Bliss.jpg can't be because it's meant to replace the original bliss.jpg in the i386 folder. But were you able to also cab the LClock up like you had yours, all it needed was two lines back into the .inf file for it to work again. I had pretty much copied what you had and added the lines for what I needed to add to it and removed two lines from what your LClock pack has.
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:15 pm

nope didnt get it, but i found the link for gtalk on the left side of the screen after logging in lol.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:20 pm

Yeah I didn't know if they had put it in there for everyone or if it was just me that was seeing it.

Just for the record, both of those pictures above will be included in the next pack, I was given permission by kimberkit to use hers. I'll be using the 1024x768 sized ones that are accessible from the links above.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:24 am

Ok folks, v1.7 is now up, it's been fixed so that the LClock shouldn't interfere if you chose to use dgelwin's LClock too, just keep in mind that one or the other will overwrite the others customizations though. Also, I added kimberkit's and my backgrounds to this as well. The customizations that dgelwin and I discussed above aren't in this pack yet outside of where I repackaged the LClock! Other than that nothing else is new, let me know though if you find any problems with it still.

Thanks everyone for you help! Especially WindowsX who gave me his permission to use his theme this way, and kimberkit for allowing me to use her photo as a wallpaper in it!!! :)

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:02 pm

A minor change to the LClock pack I had up, I changed it so that all it will do is change the colors to what I use in my pack and adds the themes for the calendar to dgelwin's LClock, it's not been tested yet to see if it will work or not, so please let me know if you run into any problems with it.
The colors may not change if dgelwin's pack is installed after it, but it should still add everything else to degwin's LClock.

NOTE:
YOU WILL STILL NEED dgelwin's LCLOCK FOR THE UPDATES TO WORK AS IT"S NOT INCLUDED!!!

DisabledTrucker

FOOOD's Icons Problems

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Just as an FYI, FOOOD's give me permission to use his icons in my pack, but I have to also include his "readme" files with them, so I am in the process of rebuilding the cabinet, don't worry though it wont be long and I'll have it all done...

EDIT 12/18/2005:

Sorry this is taking me longer than expected, I'm having a problem with file integration the way I am trying to do it, I'll get it up on my site as soon as I can work out the problems. I also have to figure out how to reduce the file sizes to a more reasonable download as it's now up to 17.5 MB's :oops:

What's been done thus far to v2.0:

I've started on redoing the pack so it cabnitizes all the files into seperated cabinets, (wherever applicable,) and have hopefully fixed it so that it's going to be compatible with other Themes here as well. Recompressed all the files using UPX, modifyPE, and makecab. (Now that I've figured out, with help from dgelwin, (thanks,) how to use UPX.
I've included all of the readme's from all of the files that I have them for, and hopefully placed them where they are in their own subfolders when reasonable to do so.
A few more icons from Foood's Icons, and am trying to work out thier placements. (Not all of the icons I'm including will have their own placements, but are there for jik reasons. I think I've worked out a way to use his Jr XP HDD icon for the %SystemRoot% drive's icon, but I have to test it yet for an example.) I'm considering using a patched shell32.dll file I created for the placement of most of them and making it a seperate download from the pack, in case someone doesn't want to use it. This would also decrease my file size tremendously. Also this would be easier to update if the shell32.dll file gets updated. I don't use icon packager due to financial reasons, so that option is out for me. (If someone would like to use the icon placements and icons I use to make one, I'll include that as well instead, assuming it's not conflicting with my reducing the size of the pack. I'm trying to make room for something else, (a surprise or two,) while trying to get the file size down to under 10MB.) ;)

I'm also adding a couple more wallpapers and discontinuing including the LClock add in, (to reduce the file size of the download,) but the update that I have posted above will be included for if you decide to use it. (Just remember that you'll have to install this update pack after you install dgelwin's LClock for it to work correctly!)
I'm going to also repackage the cursors into a seperate pack as well, though the basic sets will be what is included in the theme, the repackaged pack will include a few more cursor choices, although they won't be made into seperated themes just be placed into the cursor directory for the time being.
I'm discontinuind adding in the uxtheme.dll patch as well, you'll just have to either download it from one of the plethoria of download locations on the internet or use StyleXP with this pack.
Other things are being done too that I wont disclose until the final pack is ready...

Anyways, if someone wants to help me with my problems or look at the pack this far, let me know and I'll send it to you. Thanks for all the help thus far for those who are/have helped me with this pack, I really appreciate the help. ;)

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:25 am

Update on theme packs redo:

Yes, I'm still working on it and will have it ready hopefully in the next day or two, I've just been busy with a christmas party and my birthday this weekend and didn't much done on it... Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get back into the swing of things again...

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:56 pm

An update on the packs progress:

After a couple of recoveries from xp crashing on me, I'm back at this again, but I had to start all over again so this will take a little while longer, and I'm still having a little problem with getting some of the files to place correctly which I'll have to work out before I can rerelease this pack again. I may forgo a lot of the updates I had planned and release them in seperate packs as I can get them figured out and just release what I have thus far in the next day or two.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:14 pm

This pack has finally been updated to version 2.0!!! Happy New Years folks! I hope that everything is working with both versions as I have only tested the full one personally. Please let me know if you find any errors with this one though so I can fix them. It should install just fine on any DOS installation as that's how I do all my installs, this has not however been tested in any VMware nor in nLite so if it doesn't work there then feel free to modify it so that it can for you, I don't use those programs and can't tell you anything about them.

NOTE:

UPDATE ON PACK - This pack is fixing to get a major overhaul in the next day or so, so if you can wait, I'd advise you doing so at this time as I have found errors I didn't find earlier with this pack. It's installing correctly, for the most part, just don't use the theme files included yet. The part that's not installing correctly and needs modification in the entries files is the icons.cab file which was renamed but not done in the entries file all the way. I'm redoing it entirely again so it will install different than previously so hopefully I'll get all the bugs out of it in the process this time.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:59 am

Okay, this is it for a while, unless there are some bugs in the installation of this pack, or I can figure out how to do a couple things while keeping the file sizes small. I have completely gone back and redone the pack it's now installing differently using a method that xable come up with to do the installations. See the initial post for more information.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:52 pm

Updated for new version to be added as well. This pack now also contains the Slate Refresh theme from WindowsX's now defunct Longhorn Transformation Pack as well.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:19 pm

Just some slight modifications to the pack and some minor fixes in the coding. Also look for an upcoming release of the SlateRefresh pack which has a lot of new features, if they work...

For those of you who've installed this over the last few days, all you'll need to do is decompress it and copy the "TheTheme.inf", "SlateCur.inf", "WindowSS.inf", "TheFiles.cab" files to your i386 folder and change this line in your Sysoc.inf file:

Code: Select all

Themes=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,TheFiles.inf,HIDE,7
TO:
Themes=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,TheTheme.inf,HIDE,7
The rest is the same as what's been up for the last few days.

f9cator

Post by f9cator » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Hi,

I have tried using RyanVM integrator to integrate DT_ADDON_SLATETHEMEREFRESHv1.cab but did not manage to get it working.

I did not include any other addons. Just Windows XP slipstream with SP2 plus this theme addon. I was testing it with VMware and encounter the framedyn.dll not found error. I never had this error when adding the other addons.

I really don't know where did I do wrong.

Can anyone please help me.

Thank you.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:33 pm

Which version did you use to try and integrate it?

I think I may have found the problem, I'll go back and see if that's it and if it is then I can fix it and upload the new packs as soon as I finish reinstalling my system again, tonight/tommorrow.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:09 am

Okay fixed, I hope! Still uploading to FileFront though but RapidShare has them already...

f9cator

Post by f9cator » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:07 am

Hi DisabledTrucker.

Thanks for looking into the problem that I had encountered. I am using RVM Integrator v1.0.5. I will download the new cab files and try again.

Will let you know the result.

Thank you.
Last edited by f9cator on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:00 am

I was referring to the cabinet file version that you were having problems with, but please do try the new one and let me know if you have any problems with it, I am working now on updating the ones at FileForum, sorry I got sidetracked last night with my son, but they will be up there soon too...

f9cator

Post by f9cator » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm

I am now testing with the DT_ADDON_SLATEREFRESHv1.3.cab (26.6mb) dated 9-Jan. The 'framedyn.dll not found' error is gone (hurray!), but the slate theme doesn't seems to be installed successfully.

Only the new 'Bliss.jpg' file appears as the wallpaper. Some other application (e.g. IE, Outlook Express, WMP) were not being installed at the end of the installation.

Not sure am I the only one having this problem.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 pm

Okay, I am trying to upload a current patch where I had a typo in one of the files still, as far as the problems with IE and Outlook Express I don't know what could be causing those errors as the only thing I do is add a couple theme files to WMP I don't see how I am affecting that either but I'll look into it once I get these files reuploaded again...

I really do need to reinstall this system, I think that's where my typos have been coming from lately as I don't seem to have that problem with anything other than Notepad but I may have inadvertantly ended up with a fouled up notepad in my system from all the file changes I have been doing lately.

To save you from having to redownload the entire packs again here are the modified files all you have to do is put them into your i386 folder.

(Files no longer exist)

These are only for the v1.3!

Oh, are you also adding the uxtheme.dll patch?

Okay it's up on both sites now...
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

f9cator

Post by f9cator » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:27 pm

After applying your modifiled files, IE, OE and WMP are installed as per normal. However the Slate theme still doesn't shows. I had went into the Display Properties to check and there isn't any option to select the Slate XP or Slate PDC. No new theme files is found under the c:\windows\resource\themes folder. Seems like the Slate theme didn't got installed or copy over.

I had downloaded the Hacked Files Pack (uxtheme.dll included) and integrated together with the theme cab into an ISO image and tested in the VMware environment. Is it possible to do a manual installation of the Slate Theme without integrating into the WinXP installation?