Integrate the update pack into sp2?

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
seaker

Integrate the update pack into sp2?

Post by seaker » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:03 am

I work in a computer repair shop so we use lots of different types of windowsXP (pro, home, dell, etc) Slipstreaming sp2 & the update pack into all of them would be more work than its worth. I just want to install the update pack so all the hotfixes install at once & I don't have to download updates, restart, etc, etc... Just trying to keep it simple while I learn about unattended installs which is already paying off well.

Other question was I often install copies of windows that are sp1 or not serice packs altogether. I put SP2 on these computers w/ xpsp2.exe and was wondering if I can slipstream the update pack into that... Pretty much after I'm done installing windows I'd update to service pack 2 w/ all post-sp2 updates already integrated in one swoop. Any advice?

I'm a major n00b and had trouble finding the answer to my question, please don't flame me

thanks

Protagonist.

Post by Protagonist. » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:23 am

Use nLite to integrate SP2 first.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:22 am

no there isn't a way to slipstream the updatepacks into sp2 itself. :( Sorry.

But you may want to try using the integrator and Windows XP PowerPacker together. You can actually create 1 cd or dvd that has all of the different windows xp's on it. Pro corp retail oem, home retail oem, dell, etc. Powerpacker takes a little time to get used to for now. A later version of it will make things easier but you will definatly enjoy using it for what you need. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

seaker

Post by seaker » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:49 pm

I do actually have a cd that contains lots of different types of winXP and it's great but I'm not ready to slipstream sp2 into it just yet. How bout just installing the post-SP2 update pack .cab file after I've installed SP2? How would I go about doing that?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:14 pm

You can't.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:01 pm

Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

seaker

Post by seaker » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:20 pm

gotcha, thanks for the link & help everyone!