Integrator feature request

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
ENU_user

Integrator feature request

Post by ENU_user » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:55 am

can we add to integrator a feature that will keep a small log to the destination dir that it works on at the time

-say if i have 2 or more xpcd's dirs im using-

a very small record for what addons have been used without any other details would help allot
not to mention :
once i do 3 or more addons i already forget whats in LOL ,i know integrator keeps a detail log
but this extra im asking would certainly work a treat for me and im sure for all pp using it ,too

another thing is if i use 4'th Tab >>Choose Addon PAck<< to itntegrat something

later to the 3'rd Tab >Choose an Update PAck< without any selection in previous step

it will redo the previously done in >>Choose Addon PAck<<
so its stays resident some how not cleaning the ini of integrator somewhat

hope this helps improvement ;)
thanks

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:37 pm

Do you mean a log file that is placed on the users integrated XPCD? If so that is not a bad idea. I may be able to put together a small log file that would be placed at the root of the destination directory that will mainly list the Addons integrated.

It's not a bad idea. That way later you have a list of what was applied.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

OtherworldBob

Post by OtherworldBob » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:46 pm

That would be very useful.

Currently I'm adding things manually to my First Boot Batch file, this would however make things much easier to track.

If this could be implemented, it'd be great. :)

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:39 am

Siginet wrote:Do you mean a log file that is placed on the users integrated XPCD? If so that is not a bad idea. I may be able to put together a small log file that would be placed at the root of the destination directory that will mainly list the Addons integrated.

It's not a bad idea. That way later you have a list of what was applied.
I had been manually maintaining such a log and placing it in the root of my unattended cd but now I simply place a copy of the 'RVM_Integrator_1.2.log' in the root of the unattended cd. It is of great help for future reference and thus if this could be done automatically by 'RVM Integrator' it would be nice.