Blue screen when installing windows

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Nakkoush

Blue screen when installing windows

Post by Nakkoush » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:14 am

I'm using the latest RyanVM update pack and integrator as well Driverpack base 6.06.1 and latest drivers packsss i have a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT916V...
every time i slipstream the DP windows connot install on my system i'm getting a blue screen in the beginning of the installation process when windows shows 36min remaining!!!
the error is something about portcls.sys and it seems that both RyanVM and BTS are adding this hotfix and the clash came!!!

any help would be appreciated

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:23 am

Go in the bios and disable your onboard sound. Install windows then enable the sound and install your drivers manually. This happens when the dps do not support your soundcard. The dps try to install a different version of the driver and your system crashes. I haven't seen this issue in a long time. But I remember Sony Computers used to trigger it a lot for me. It is also caused by the HD audio drivers sometimes as well. I know Ryans UpdatePack and the DPs are compatable together to help prevent this issue. But I am not sure about the other UpdatePacks on the site. I haven't seen the issue in a long time... so I don't think there is an issue with Booogy's UPck either.

Please submit this on Bashrats forums as well.

BTW are you sure you used Ryans UpdatePack?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Nakkoush

Post by Nakkoush » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:30 am

Siginet wrote: BTW are you sure you used Ryans UpdatePack?
100% sure, and the issue started when i started using latest BTS driver base which seems to have the conflict with RyanVM

i did posted that one at BTS forum and my post was more or less ignored unfortunately

buletov

Post by buletov » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:39 am

This is most likely to be caused by the DriverPack...
Never know what life is gonna throw at you.

Nakkoush

Post by Nakkoush » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:42 pm

i think so! but nobody seems to be interested

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:09 pm

Nakkoush wrote:i think so! but nobody seems to be interested
Sorry to hear that Nakkoush, Just make sure u use BTS Driverpacks Last

I use RVM Integrtor first to integrate
Then nLite to make Unnatended
Then DPs Base to Slip the Drivers (this is the absolute last thing I do B4 making ISO)
Then nLite or the RVM Int. just to Make the ISO (dont Slip or Int. anymore Addons after DPs)

U might wanna try Siginets Windows XP PowerPacker

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:41 pm

buletov wrote:This is most likely to be caused by the DriverPack...
I have had the same problem, it seems to be caused by the latest driver packs. After using the older driverpacks again, the problem has gone for me.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:33 pm

You may want to remove the BASE finish batch file so that it doesn't run. You won't get your control panel applets, if applicable, but I've found a problem with BTS's use of devcon.

If you're comfortable with editing the batch file yourself, you could chop out all the "exptions" part of it. I did that myself and it cleared up a BSOD that I was getting.