Newbie question -- Installer pack

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
nloding

Newbie question -- Installer pack

Post by nloding » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:00 am

Hello all.

I'm new to all this stuff. What I'm working on creating is a simple executable file that, when run, installs all the Windows Updates that have been included up to that point. I want this to work for a current installation, rather than slipstreamed into a fresh install of Windows.

I do not know how RyanVM's Update Pack works (I only recently found it), and know very little about how updates install or how this beta installer works. My question is -- if I use this installer within Windows, will it work?

What I have right now is a LONG batch file that installs each update individually (each update was d/l'd as a standalone .exe). It works, but is long.

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to do this? I work in a tech center, and what I would like is to have, on a CD, a single .exe you click, then you can leave the computer alone for 15-30 minutes whilst it installs all the updates. It speeds up the tech process a BUNCH.

Could I use this installer? Could I even use RyanVM's Update Pack? Any suggestions? (The batch file is getting harder to edit .....)

--Nathan
loding@gmail.com

Protagonist.

Post by Protagonist. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:27 am

Ryan's pack actually updates and replaces windows files before you install. So basically you use it to integrate all the updates into your windows cd and then reformat.

It doesn't simply install them like windows update would like you are saying.

JackVance

Post by JackVance » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:56 am

I think that what you want is Autopatcher.

http://www.autopatcher.com