Gigabyte 8KNXP preparations for opsys installation

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
chuckenheimer

Gigabyte 8KNXP preparations for opsys installation

Post by chuckenheimer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:41 pm

This motherboard has an Intel chipset driver that needs to first be installed before those for the SATA, network and AC'97 drivers. Furthermore, Intel offers several different versions of the SATA and network drivers as does Realtek for its audio driver.

Not having installed on this m/b for a while now, I've forgotten just exactly which drivers I will need to update the system but will get my head around it shortly. My question goes to the procedure I need to employ when preparing my installation CD for the RyanVM Update Pack. I will review the available add-ons and decide on those but I would appreciate some comments as to a basic outline for accomplishing this task.

On another note, being that as I prepare the SP2 updated CD, I will not finalize the burn, right?

Thanks.

chuckenheimer (at) hotmail.com

chuckenheimer

Post by chuckenheimer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:31 pm

Just curious what I need to do to get a reply.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:58 pm

There shouldn't be any special considerations with drivers when using an Update Pack. If anything, the Update Pack should help to prevent problems with certain hardware configurations like those including High Definition Audio.

For instructions on how to integrate the Update Pack or Addons you should visit the links provided below the Update Pack download link, specifically for the RVM Integrator or nLite.

If you're asking for the specific procedure for integrating an Update Pack and addons then you'll find a detailed outline including ISO testing here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35371#35371.

If you're asking how to integrate your drivers then you'll need to outline how you'll integrate them: manually through WINNT.SIF, Bâshrat's DriverPacks, another method...? I do have some experience with the DPs and Pyron's Method, and familiarity with other methods, but I'm no expert.

In any case, when you create the ISO you shouldn't have the option to finalize any burn of it. It should be burned in "Disc-at-Once" mode, thus it will always be finalized.

For a faster response turn-around you'll have to help us help you. Please formulate all questions in the form of questions. Ask them as directly, politely, and specifically as possible. I've tried to answer your probable questions as completely as possible, but this isn't Jeopardy and I'm not an automated IRC bot. ;)

chuckenheimer

Post by chuckenheimer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:32 am

Seraph,

All fair enough. There's a learning curve I see and I need to mull around a bit to understand exactly what can be accomplished. As I mentioned before, it's been a while since I formatted and reloaded any opsys distribution on that box so I may need to refamiliarize myself with just the standard installation first.

I'm seeing such laudatory praise for Ryan's work I just know I'm on the right track to accomplishing some of the automation of the installation routine, and that will certainly be a plus for me.

Anyway, I'm establishing a few conversations about my plans so the work will now depend on me refamiliarizing myself before making a go of it.

Thanks for the offer of assistance!