new hardware wizard keeps popping up...for USB/etc

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
ydgmms

new hardware wizard keeps popping up...for USB/etc

Post by ydgmms » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:33 pm

I just manually integrated Ryan's pack and update, along w/ SVC-ing the august hotfixes...

It installs great on my PC and Laptop. BUT, now I always get the Hardware Wizard whenever I plug in my USB mouse, USB Flash Drive, or USB RF Remote (for presentations). Its extremely annoying, and never happened before the updates. I have ot let it search for the drivers and install them. Before it was just plug it in, and start using it. I didn't have to go through the New Hardware Wizard everytime.

Is there something i'm missing so that it doesn't keep doing that. Or what file(s) changed that make it do that now?

Thanks

It also does it with Daemon Tools, btw.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:58 pm

Try this plug your mouse in, let hardware wizard dtect drivers and install, then unplug mouse, then plug it back in, oh yeah make sure you do this with the same usb port, this has happened to me a couple times but it has only been because i connect the device to a different usb port, if i plug it in to the same port over and over it only does the instal the first time.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

glent

Post by glent » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:43 am

This happens with my usb flash Pen, It used to install fine but now the new hardware wizards pops up when I connect it to my PC, weird

maska

Post by maska » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:02 am

This happened to me too, but only when I connected external USB devices. If I remember well USBSTOR.SYS from Windows CD was requested.

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:05 am

I get this all the time as well.

ydgmms

Post by ydgmms » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:05 am

i've noticed what the 1st response said. after a few installs/reboots it starts to be like it was before. I just plugged in my usb drive and it found it right away.

But I am both glad, and ....uhh...un-glad?....to find out i'm not the only one with the problem.

I wonder if ryan has any idea why this happens?

USBSTOR.SYS was also requested. But there were other ones for the mouse and RF wireless mouse.