[ISSUE?] Unresponsive System -- Anyone?

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
biatche
I can't read

[ISSUE?] Unresponsive System -- Anyone?

Post by biatche » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:50 am

Anyone's windows lately been a little unresponsible, particularly when Internet Explorer is used? I just had a complaint the pc I formatted for them stalls the whole system while surfing in Internet Explorer.. so I'm wondering if its one of those addons..

I'll be getting the pc tomorrow, only then I can determine wheres the fault. Anyways for now, if any of you feel like your system ain't going too smooth, just post here.. If I'm the one and only person having this issue, then i'll look at the drivers.... and if others are having, ill gather a list of addons i use, and let's try determine if an addon causes this to occur.

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:21 am

For me, surfing got a little unresponsive after upgrading to internet explorer 7, if that is any use to you?

SyKik

Post by SyKik » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:43 am

yeah i reinstalled a friends machine and upgraded to IE7, although I didn't test IE6 prior to the upgrade

Since then, have been getting more page cannot be displayed for one reason or another. Although refreshing a few moments later, and the page will load...another computer on at the time had no problems through out...

Might just have to uninstall IE7 and see what happens

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:15 am

do you have that list ready im sure anyone here in one short glance
can give you much more info about particular addons . hence ..

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:26 am

Oh old topic came back. It's not IE7, I'm on IE6... Anyways, it's kel's runtime that I believe is the huge culprit, I've already stopped integrating them for a while..

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:13 pm

biatche wrote:Oh old topic came back. It's not IE7, I'm on IE6... Anyways, it's kel's runtime that I believe is the huge culprit, I've already stopped integrating them for a while..
The problem you are referring to, I think that is, was traced to the 'Audio Shell' utility which is no longer a part of Kel's Uber pack and thus the problem is no more. Kel puts in a lot of hard work and time into all his addons from which so many of benefit immensely, thus I'd like to request that in future please update yourself more and be sure before putting down someone's addon.

Personally I face the problem of the PC becoming unresponsive if the data on the internet connection stops coming. I have 'DU Meter' installed and whenever it shows 'red = no data' the system becomes unresponsive and as soon as the data starts coming thru the system becomes okay. I do have certain IE performance tweaks which I am going to remove from my next unattended DVD and see if that helps.

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:07 am

Sanjay, let me know if that helps, I face that same problem, even for LAN where there were some broken network links. Whole windows stalling.. very annoying.

However, after i stopped integrating kel's runtimes, it seem to be a lot more responsive than before. My imagination? I don't know. you tell me.