xp upgrade pre SP2

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Gary_D

xp upgrade pre SP2

Post by Gary_D » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:54 pm

I have an XP pro upgrade disk that was issued prior to Sp2 and would like to slipstream SP2 to it and the use ryans update to integrate before I install it on my computer, (Is) this possible??TIA... GaryD

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:56 pm

Use the Integrator to slipstream SP2 into your source first.
Delete any temporary files the Integrator makes then open it for a second time and then add Ryan's update pack - should run fine and achieve what you want.

You can do it in one step but I always do it like this and never get any problems.

Gary_D

Post by Gary_D » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 pm

I have got autostreamer that I use now to slipsyream sp4 to win 2K,could I just use that and then Ryans update pack???

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:56 am

Ryan's update pack is meant for Windows XP, hence the name "RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack". Using it on any other operating system is not supported (and probably highly advised against!)

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:34 am

Gary_D wrote:I have got autostreamer that I use now to slipsyream sp4 to win 2K,could I just use that and then Ryans update pack???
For best results, use the RVMIntergrator, Ryans packs, and addons are designed to work with it. :wink:

*Reaper*

Re: xp upgrade pre SP2

Post by *Reaper* » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Gary_D wrote:I have an XP pro upgrade disk that was issued prior to Sp2 and would like to slipstream SP2 to it and the use ryans update to integrate before I install it on my computer, (Is) this possible??TIA... GaryD
Yes.. Its possible...

Copy the ENTIRE contents of your XP Pro "Upgrade" CD to a folder on your hard drive...

Then follow the instructions HERE to slipstream SP2 into your cd...

Then after that you have a nice clean source....

Then use the integrator on this CLEAN sp2 source to add whatever else you desire.

Then burn your cd...

Works fine...