EOF Marker in txtsetup.sif

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Paul_365

EOF Marker in txtsetup.sif

Post by Paul_365 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:23 am

HI,

I have done some testing and probing around to find out why one of my installs is failing and during the course of that i notice that the integrator isnt preserving the End of file marker in txtsetup.sif.

I don't know how important this is, but several sites talk about preserving it, including the unnatended guide at msfn.

Code: Select all

If you prefer however to NOT risk erasing the "invisible" EOF marker, then just search for the sections above
Its not allways invisable, it depends on yout editor, notepad can see it.

Those of you that are having troubles may like to take an original copy of txtsetup.sif and overwrite all the contents (except for the eof) with the contents of the file that you are left with after all your integrationd is complete.

As i said above, i don't know the impact this will have, maybe its not important, maybe it is.

Paul

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:04 pm

I am looking into this issue. It is a tricky one though. I do not make the Integrator rewrite the file... only add to it. So I don't understand why it is changing the EOF. :(
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Paul_365

Post by Paul_365 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Can you tell me which Autoit commands you use to access this file, maybe i can do some research on it, I am familiar with Autoit

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:12 pm

I was using the iniread iniwrite and inidelete commands.
I don't know why it was messing it up. But I changed it to use filewrite commands now and it looks like it's working now.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software