Update Pack 1.3.1 not installing

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
jasee

Update Pack 1.3.1 not installing

Post by jasee » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:33 pm

(A newbie!)
I've tried this both ways under nlite (1.06beta) and using RVM integrator. It seems to run ok and I create a bootable cd which installs however during installation I get a message saying the following files can't be copied: (percent)maininfo(percent), qfecheck.exe, scripta.dll, spcustom.dll, spmsg.dll, spuninst.exe, spupdsvc.exe, sysmoda.dll, update.exe, updspapi.dll, uups2.dll, xpsp3res.dll and a little later ntskrnl.exe (!).

However it still installs ok! I checked the md5 of the update pack which was correct. I've installed netframework on the pc. SP2 is installed.

Any ideas?

Paul_365

Post by Paul_365 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:06 pm

Did You start from a fresh copy of SP2 ?

if so are you sure it was fresh? IE from a disk not a download

skitty

Post by skitty » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:34 pm

make sure you didn't load the new update pack over an older existing version.
I find its best if you make up a copy of windows with only sp2 slimstreamed, burn that, then use it as a reference.
if you are putting the new pack over one of the old ones you will definately have problems

jasee

Post by jasee » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:18 pm

Paul_365 wrote:Did You start from a fresh copy of SP2 ?

if so are you sure it was fresh? IE from a disk not a download
Yes, from a disk

jasee

Post by jasee » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:48 pm

skitty wrote:make sure you didn't load the new update pack over an older existing version.
I find its best if you make up a copy of windows with only sp2 slimstreamed, burn that, then use it as a reference.
if you are putting the new pack over one of the old ones you will definately have problems
No, I'm not puuting the old over the new. If I start again, I first delete the old directory. I'll try your way: making a sp2 version first.

skitty

Post by skitty » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:51 pm

its best to start off with a totally fresh untouched xp with sp2. then you know that nothing is missing, added or been messed about with

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:01 pm

You received this same error using both NLite and RyanVM Integrator RC8?
%maininf% should be translated to RVMUpPck.inf. Are you using a valid Update pack?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

jasee

Post by jasee » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:49 pm

Siginet wrote:You received this same error using both NLite and RyanVM Integrator RC8?
Yes, I also got an error in RMV_UpdateCAB.LOG after extracting ntoskrn1.ex_ FDICopy() failed: code 4 (corrupt cabinet), However I can open the cab myself and extract any of the files also see below
Signet wrote: %maininf% should be translated to RVMUpPck.inf. Are you using a valid Update pack?
Yes md5 signature is 02088da1730e11a4a3c89c00f8351801

faba2

Post by faba2 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:34 am

I cannot istall 1.3.1 + Addon + WMP10 myself :cry:
I used nLite 1.0b6 to integrate these packs into WinXP with SP2 from MSDN, and get the following error while setting up Windows from produced image CD:
Error:
SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\10\MSFT\Windows\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.MAN" on line 4.

Error:
Installation Failed: D:\I386\asms. Error message: A components file does not match the verification information present in the component manifest.
Any clue? With 1.2x Pack, everything always went smoothly...

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:40 am

faba2 wrote:I cannot istall 1.3.1 + Addon + WMP10 myself :cry:

Any clue? With 1.2x Pack, everything always went smoothly...
Why cant u use ryans own integrator? Everything is fine here, like with 1.2x packs, 1.3.x packs are going smoothly too

faba2

Post by faba2 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:06 am

Yes, I have now used Integrator RC8, and now was able to install Windows, without problems. I guess the error I mentioned earlier, is an nlite issue then...

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:10 am

I'm happy to hear that its ok for you too. maybe it was an nlite issue, anyway good lucks.

jasee

Post by jasee » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:20 am

My previous problem seems to have been solved, but I've done so many things it's almost impossible to know which of them actually made the difference!
I'll list them if it will help anyone.
However one thing I did notice was that if I switched on Hotfix Deploy reports, I got a couple of error messages for the cabs 1.3.1 and Addon Full 1.0. The first was makecab.ex_ will is already newer than the one integrating File version in ISO 5.1.2600.2180 File version in hotfix 0.0.0.0 ! With the Addon it was Calc.ex_ 5.1.2600.0 in hotfix 1.0.908.0. Looking at these files in the cab makecab.ex_ didnt exist, however there was a makecab.exe. Maybe there's an error here? The file version of calc was 1.0.908.0 when expanded (quite a nice little multipurpose calculator).
Dont see how these could have effected what happened to me.
Ps the md5 signatures of these cabs checked out ok