THE Last Call to RyanVM and our future.

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
Nightwolf81

THE Last Call to RyanVM and our future.

Post by Nightwolf81 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:43 am

RyanVM's free kindness has finally ended, with nothing from him except ignoring peoples questions and locking their threads, I ask myself what has the forum become?

I guess SP3 will save the OS Modders community but Ryan hear my call, if your not intending on continuing then please let us know, It's no longer a question of when it's finished it's a question of IF.

If you can't see your forum is dying and if your not able to liven it up again with a major update (C'mon it's been months and months. . I'd have preferred you took month breaks between releases than for you to burn out and hold a Bitter view on the job you started).

I am just saying what everyones thinking, so don't reply to this thread unless your RyanVM or I missed something important. I am not trying to personally hurt RyanVM's feelings or put the first set of nail in the forums coffin. . . I am merely stating how things ARE and how to FIX them. Now be kind and keep opinions out of this thread it deserves an answer (for all our sakes).

Regards

Nightwolf81

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:50 am

so, someone else who can't be bothered to read Ryans recent postings and needs a personal update on news. Search is your friend.

I'd say Vista is in your future. Please. No reason for you to hang out on a 'dead' forum.........

larciel

Post by larciel » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:54 am

One way to save the project and light the fire in Ryan's desire (I personally think it never died anyway) is to click that Donation button and give. That's my take and honestly I think that will fix whatever problem you have stated.

Nightwolf81

Post by Nightwolf81 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:13 am

Ok Ok I searched all the usual places and found nothing.

ended up finding this by clicking on RyanVM's Profile and going through his last posts he made:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Sorry but atleast he has it planned for next month. . . Without me finding that post I was totally in the dark.

So I'll shut up again now and wait patiently again :D

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:28 am

unless its the creeps! "dead or alive" no one should be directly held in charge for anything thats going on here
have fun!

larciel

Post by larciel » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:41 am

So is it safe to assume that your original post was written due to misunderstaing on your part?

If so, let's close this topic and move on.

Nightwolf81

Post by Nightwolf81 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:50 am

No It's not a mistake on my part. . it's lack of publicizing where and when things happen here. the random cloud of chaos if a hard storm to track.

Feel free to lock the thread, others will find the link supplied but it's really a main page topic the linked page.

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:00 am

RyanVM from the link posted above am I to assume that we will not see a release until after the December patch Tuesday? Please let me know so I can stop checking the board hourly for a new release. :cry:

Thanks
dolivas

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:54 am

The answers have been here on the forum in the various stickied and announcement threads, Nightwolf81. Short of putting such progress reports on the main page as you suggest, it's the best that can be done.

In summary, the best places to find progress reports are in the following Announcement threads that always appear at the top of the Update Pack Discussion and Members Only forums, respectively:Your question is also answered in these threads, dolivas. Specifically, in the last post of the second thread. ;)

Ryan has done his best to keep us informed. I'm no better informed than anybody else here, but as a moderator I'm tasked with keeping certain opinions and misinformation in check with the facts. Inflammatory statements, such as "your forum is dying," and making condescending suggestions as to how often breaks between releases should be allowed, do nothing to encourage people who, for the most part, aren't paid for their contributions; Ryan included.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:29 am

And FWIW, the changelog thread has been going for months now, and I always bump it when I update it.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357