[BETA] Update Pack 2.2.1b3 + Integrator 1.5RC1

Questions about Update Pack making? Ask here.
RickSteele

Post by RickSteele » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:00 pm

I get the Kabul TZ thing also in Beta3 without any TZ addons, but, am using nlite to do the honors; posted here because it seems Integrator is also allowing this error so I would assume it is not specific to the app used.
However, I recveived no advanced inf popup when using OnePiece's code in RyanVM's inf, so that appears solved that way.
Regarding RougeSpear's boot error during setup, it is hit and miss for me when I use Integrator to do the work; this has been the case for quite a few versions of Integrator-I get that same error regardless what I use to compile the ISO....just cannot seem to get Integrator to reliably work even most of the time no matter what I do; no disrespect intended here......

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:49 pm

SoKoOLz wrote:I think I've found some bug to this RVMIntegrator and the latest updatepack. This is also happened with the previous release.

This bug is not serious, but it is really annoying.
It happens when you integrating the update pack to the Windows Source that is located in External Harddrive.
The result to this was that, the size of the source that has been integrated grew so much bigger than the size it should be.

My Original Windows Source is about: 574MB
Then after the integration On the external HDD, the size is about: 720MB
then I've tried doing it again on my local HDD, the size appears to be normal: 602MB
I've tested many times, even reformatted my computer and it still happens. So I'm pretty sure it's the integrator. However, I'ven't tested this with nlite integration yet.

I just want to report this, so peoples who are using external HDD will be awared about this bug.
Thanks
There wouldn't be anything in the integrator that would cause an issue like this. (As far as I know). But... check your en-larged source files. In your i386 directory is the "rvmtemp" directory still there? Also it will help if you post your log file, integrator.ini, z_datastore.ini and any other info you can think of.
RickSteele wrote:I get the Kabul TZ thing also in Beta3 without any TZ addons, but, am using nlite to do the honors; posted here because it seems Integrator is also allowing this error so I would assume it is not specific to the app used.
However, I recveived no advanced inf popup when using OnePiece's code in RyanVM's inf, so that appears solved that way.
Regarding RougeSpear's boot error during setup, it is hit and miss for me when I use Integrator to do the work; this has been the case for quite a few versions of Integrator-I get that same error regardless what I use to compile the ISO....just cannot seem to get Integrator to reliably work even most of the time no matter what I do; no disrespect intended here......
Never seen or hear of this problem until now? Can you provide any logs or settings files for me?

The integrator is still in Beta. So it has a few kinks to fix. Allthough I don't know if this is integrator related as you specify. But anything that anyone feels may be a bug... please post the log, integrator.ini and the z_datastore.ini so I can try to find the issue. I want to squash the final few kinks ASAP. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

RickSteele

Post by RickSteele » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:39 pm

Even though this "NTLDR not found" immediately upon booting to CD" error has been prevalent for me when using Integrator for quite some time-over a year- I seem to have been, until RC2 and RougeSpear's experience, the only one to be experiencing this; so, I figured it has something to do with my system and the way I set it up and install it, and, therefore, did not post anything because I did not want to bother you with it.
I just don't want you-or RougeSpear- wasting a lot of your time chasing something that is specific to my system and not common to the majority; or the few for that matter. I figure you both have enough to do.
I just now completed a fresh install using nlite to test RyanVM's B3 and want to enjoy some gaming for a night or two. I will this week back up my current system, make a fresh ISO using Integrator only and try a fresh install; will save all logs and so forth-by tomorrow or Monday.

Awesome work nevertheless Siginet

Joe S

Beta Update Pack

Post by Joe S » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:51 am

I think there is a bug in RC2. I just attempted to use it . When I try and slipstream SP2 there is a popup saying pack is at same level as before. The files do not extract. I tried RC1 and the SP2 files extract. I tried both the SP2 download and the file I copied from a SP2 disc.
On the Kabul time thing I did not have it with the Dec pack but had it in the Jan pack with RC1. Is Net Framework involved in anyway? I uninstalled mine after the Dec tests were done since I don't need it now.
Joe

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:42 am

@ Joe S

Siginet released and new beta it is RC3b to fix the SP Slipstreaming issue but it only works if you choose the yes option if you select no it still fails. I have reported the problem to him this evening so I hope he has an RC3c out tomorrow to test.

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:40 am

Time Zone question.

I tried MrNxDmX time zone addon and it did fix the time zone problem but the date was still set wrong as if the computer was still set to the Kabul Time zone. Do you think there is a date issue here because if the date is wrong even with the time zone being set right now the computer will still not update the the time because it will complain that the date it wrong here is the error message when trying the internet update. (For security reasons, Windows can not synchronize with the server because your date does not match. Please fix the date and try again.) I wounder if the time zone issue has something to do with the date problem. The BIOS date is set right before the test install so it is not a computer issue something is changing the date...

Has anyone else seen this date issue also?

redxii

Post by redxii » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:20 pm

No issues with the timezone in b1, 2 or 3. I pick CST it stays on CST.

If it's an unattended issue then perhaps not since I never use unattended installs on my home PCs.

Mavericks choice

Post by Mavericks choice » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:27 pm

redxii wrote:No issues with the timezone in b1, 2 or 3. I pick CST it stays on CST.

If it's an unattended issue then perhaps not since I never use unattended installs on my home PCs.
Not an UA issue..

Cheers
MC
The Man from Aus

RickSteele

Post by RickSteele » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:24 am

@Siginet
"Never seen or hear of this problem until now? Can you provide any logs or settings files for me?"

I completed two fresh realtime installs using B3 to do all the addons/update packs and nlite 1.4.1 to apply the drivers, tweaks, removals, and have absolutely no errors. TZ is fixed for me and no advanced inf popup after using MrNxDmX time zone addon. So, I guess all is good now.
Wonderful work Siginet!

stevec4

Post by stevec4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Installed today a fresh integration using...
RVM - B3 using Integrator 1.5 RC3, Time Zone was set correctly no errors what so ever.

Thanks Guys!
SC

chiners_68

Post by chiners_68 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:20 am

Hi Guys,
Im using the latest B3 & RC2 integrator without any of these timezone patches people are producing & im now not getting the timezone issue.
So just by using the B3 it seems to of resolved my previous timezone issue. Date & time are also correct.

ive tested on MCE 2005 & XP CORP.

only issue is the advanced inf installer but Ryan is aware of this small minor issue.

chiners_68

Post by chiners_68 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:13 am

Ignor that post..

reinstalled my PC & kabul is back..lol

Seems to not set kabul in VMWare.

Joe S

Beta Pack

Post by Joe S » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:14 pm

This Kabul time problem started last month. Didn't MS have a time update mainly for Australia and that region in optional updates before that? I never installed it and don't see it listed in MS update now. Did they roll this into another critical update?
Joe

AntinousK

Post by AntinousK » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:10 pm

chiners_68 wrote:Ignor that post..

reinstalled my PC & kabul is back..lol

Seems to not set kabul in VMWare.
Yeah I noticed that too. It NEVER sets to kabul in vmware, but it does in real life. I think it was mentioned in this thread that it might be related to the Realtek HDA (certain version of?) drivers. I've not had a chance to test that out because of time and all the boxes I have around use the realtek hda chipset.
:?

EDIT: Ok I tried it on a dell precision with intel ac97 audio, and the kabul TZ issue doesn't show up! It sticks to CST (GMT -6) like it says in the answer file and like it should be. There is a new version of the realtek hda drivers released today, maybe its related?

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:54 pm

that is the same thing happen to me...
before use realtek 1.84 everything is fine..
updated ryanpack and use 1.84 problem to kabul...
test use 1.83 .. and doing something else... kabul gone...
then when i test to use back 1.84 .. kabul doesn't show up to me.. and i cannot find the way to remake the kabul back...
using latest 1.85 driver now and gonna format my real pc soon...
i always test the pack in real pc....
will update if kabul is back to me.... lol

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:35 am

If i install Windows with 2.2.1b3 and run AutoUpdate after the install then Windows wants to install KB939683 is this update not included ?

redxii

Post by redxii » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:43 am

Outbreaker wrote:If i install Windows with 2.2.1b3 and run AutoUpdate after the install then Windows wants to install KB939683 is this update not included ?
"FIX: Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP"

The update packs not only don't include WMP 11 nor WMP patches, KB939683 can't be just randomly included if WMP 11 isn't present.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Ohh sorry it was KB898461

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:00 pm

Are you by chance using Rick Genuine Advantage AddOn or any other WGA addon if you are using Ricks that is what is causing the problem.

redxii

Post by redxii » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:06 pm

I didn't get anything for KB898461.

I also noticed some people use quite a bit of addons, you should do the update pack alone to be sure that it's a problem with the update pack and not a problem with an addon.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Yes i use a WGA addon. (xable_WGAV-v1.2_addon.cab) I make a UT CD without this addon then i post the result. ;)

masterm

Post by masterm » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:35 am

Ryan,

I'm almost too scared to ask this?

Any idea on when a final pack will be released or do we have to wait for next months patch Tuesday.

Keep up the great work!

chiners_68

Post by chiners_68 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:52 am

Im using RVMAddonsWGAN_1.7.18.5a.7z

this wont be affecting the timezoen as ive been using it for months without kabul issues.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:18 am

masterm wrote:Ryan,

I'm almost too scared to ask this?

Any idea on when a final pack will be released or do we have to wait for next months patch Tuesday.

Keep up the great work!
HAHAHHAHHA Hey really though whats in a name? Except for this damned timezone issue that is really MS's fault this pack is good to go.

Beta or not I call this one good.

masterm

Post by masterm » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:32 am

Code: Select all

HAHAHHAHHA Hey really though whats in a name? Except for this damned timezone issue that is really MS's fault this pack is good to go. 

Beta or not I call this one good.
Kal,

In my experience if you start a fresh installation with a bug, then you will just pic up problems along the way. If its not smooth saling right through the preverbal SH*T will hit the fan along the way. LOL :lol:

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:58 am

masterm wrote:Kel,

In my experience if you start a fresh installation with a bug, then you will just pic up problems along the way. If its not smooth saling right through the preverbal SH*T will hit the fan along the way. LOL :lol:
yeah I've never had luck with packs that had even what seemed to be little errors... next thing I knew I was getting random intermittant hard locks...etc... not cool... I'm using another members update pack which is everything through this month and have had no issues using it with RC1, RC2 or RC3c... so not sure what's up with this one.
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

tcox8

Post by tcox8 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:12 am

Sorry if I'm late on this. I read pretty much this whole forum. But I can't find if there was an actual fix to the Advanced INF error at t13?

I'm using the latest pack (b3) and latest release of the integrator.

redxii

Post by redxii » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:15 am

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=66732#66732

You have to edit RvmUpPck.inf yourself and repack the files with 7zip.

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Can anyone confirm whether or not any of the updates cause an issue with USB Printing support?

I have 2 OEM systems at work. One got the benefit of Beta3 with RC3 Integrator.

The other one went through MS Update. Both installed from SP2 OEM cd's (Seperate CD's as sources).

Both have the same problem with one USB type 8x10 printer we support, but the RVM'd one has issues recognizing or installing device drivers for USB devices period until and unless it's rebooted. At which point it installs for the device _even when it is no longer present_. In both cases, you have to reboot again at the point where the New Hardware Wizard is "finishing up".

orcoxp

Post by orcoxp » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:51 pm

@Zacam...can you screenshot the message for me? I should be able to help...I deal with printers for a living.
Chris Thomson
AKA OrcoXP

PHP/MySQL/phpMyAdmin 2 & 3 successfully running simultaneously on XP SP3 IIS.

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:18 am

There is no error message. It just holds, after installing the driver on the typical screen where it should be progressing to allowing you to click "Finish" where it shows the file copy animation. It just hold's there. Forever, or until you reboot.

Trying to then use the windows printing wizard to shoot out something to said printer fails because as soon as you select it, the printing wizard closes abruptly, no error. At which point you can no longer open "Printers and Faxes" while said printer is connected.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:16 am

I know I have seen things like that with printers as well in the past. I think it is the way the printer drivers are made. A lot of printer drivers reccommend you not have the printer connected to the computer when you install it... then attach the printer when it asks. When you attach it then it recognizes the printer and continues installing. A work around if you have the printer attached during the install is to go to device manager Right click your computer's name and select "Scan for hardware changes" which forces it to recognize the printer and continue installing the printer. This shouldnt be a flaw of the UpdatePack... but just the way some printer drivers install. Unless I misunderstood the issue. ;) Hope that helps.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:37 am

i tryed new rc3 with b3 and with onepieces ie7 1.9.3 addon and i no longer have my oobe issues...ill do more tests but i think its all ok now.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:30 am

Sadly, these printer don't operate that way as there is no "installer" per-se. You HAVE to rely on the NHW to install.

*Shrugs* Trying again to see what happens.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:12 am

I've got the Advanced INF thing fixed locally. Those of you seeing the Kabul issues and are trying to see if the Realtek drivers are to fault, have any of you tried the 2.1.12 pack with the newer drivers to see if the problem's still there? That would be a BIG help to me. Then I'll know if the issue is with the TZ changes since 2.1.12 was released or with TZ changes in general.

Other than that, I need to clean up entries.ini to take advantage of Integrator 1.5 and I'm happy to call it a final release. And FWIW, the Advanced INF reboot prompt is only a cosmetic bug. Assuming you say no to it, there shouldn't be any underlying problems caused by it.

If you guys want, I can post an addon here with the fixed INF in it.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

w2sjw

Post by w2sjw » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:19 am

Ryan,

I'm still getting the Kabul switch on re-boot with your latest beta update pack, and I ignore the INF prompt as stated.

Everything else seems to be working spot-on! My own desktop here was done with the version just previous to your latest beta, and when I try to install drivers for certain things, I get the Windows File Protection pop-up. Was that a known bug on the last release?

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:35 am

RyanVM wrote:I've got the Advanced INF thing fixed locally. Those of you seeing the Kabul issues and are trying to see if the Realtek drivers are to fault, have any of you tried the 2.1.12 pack with the newer drivers to see if the problem's still there? That would be a BIG help to me. Then I'll know if the issue is with the TZ changes since 2.1.12 was released or with TZ changes in general.

Other than that, I need to clean up entries.ini to take advantage of Integrator 1.5 and I'm happy to call it a final release. And FWIW, the Advanced INF reboot prompt is only a cosmetic bug. Assuming you say no to it, there shouldn't be any underlying problems caused by it.

If you guys want, I can post an addon here with the fixed INF in it.
Ryan I hope things are well I have a question you have me confused when did you release a 2.1.12 pack? I wanted to test it for you to see if the Kabul issue is there but I do not see it on the tracker?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Too many ones and twos. It all looks the same if you're dyslexic like me. ;)

I'm sure he meant what's currently available: 2.2.1b3. :D

TJHart85

Post by TJHart85 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:27 pm

benjamminzIS wrote:I've never had luck with packs that had even what seemed to be little errors... next thing I knew I was getting random intermittant hard locks...etc... not cool... I'm using another members update pack which is everything through this month and have had no issues using it with RC1, RC2 or RC3c... so not sure what's up with this one.
Why did you go into a beta forum just to complain that nothing works, I understand that problems have existed before this update, but why bother?

What makes you need to be rude to the creator of this site and update pack?

Just curious.

Anyways, I'll be updating my system shortly, thanks to all the testers who have reported good luck.

EDIT:
RyanVM wrote:Other than that, I need to clean up entries.ini to take advantage of Integrator 1.5 and I'm happy to call it a final release.
Hm....maybe I'll just wait for the full update that has the T-13 error fixed, makes it .5% easier on me.
Numbers written on restaurant bills within the confines of restaurants do not follow the same mathematical laws as numbers written on any other pieces of paper in any other parts of the Universe.
--Douglas Adams

armond

Post by armond » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi Guys,
After reading some posts about the Timezone issue with the Realtek High Definition Audio, I decided to test this completely.
Using RVM Integrator 1.5RC3, I made a new unattended XP CD with the following items:
RVMUpdatePack2.2.1b3.7z
DirectX9.0cNovember2007AddOn0.3.4CNC.7z
XAddon_Unlocker-Light-v1.8.5a.cab
With the following line in the WINNT.sif:
[GuiUnattended]
TimeZone = 160
(To call setup to select the Iran time).
And:
[Unattended]
OemPreinstall = Yes
OEMPnPDriversPath = "Install\Drivers"
(To instruct the setup program to install my drivers from the \$OEM$\$1\Install\Drivers from the root of the XP CD).
Of corse the drivers folder contains the latest Realtek High Definition Audio driver files.
I'm knowing that XP uses the HDARt.inf from that folder to install the audio driver.
After loading Windows, I found that the timezone is set to (GMT+04:30) Kabul. :(
I still have the issue with the latest Realtek driver...
I think that the issue is not completely related to the Realtek High Definition Audio. There are many INF files inside the \WDM folder of the Realtek High Definition Audio driver. Maybe one of them is causing the timezone issue.
Thanks for reading. :)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:40 am

dolivas wrote:Ryan I hope things are well I have a question you have me confused when did you release a 2.1.12 pack? I wanted to test it for you to see if the Kabul issue is there but I do not see it on the tracker?
I meant 2.1.11. Sorry for the confusion.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:48 am

armond wrote:Hi Guys,
After reading some posts about the Timezone issue with the Realtek High Definition Audio, I decided to test this completely.
From what I can tell, all you tested was Realtek HDA + 2.2.1b3. Here's what I'd suggest for a complete test:
2.1.11 + HDA
2.1.11 no HDA
2.2.1b3 + HDA
2.2.1b3 no HDA

rubab

Post by rubab » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:24 am

I tried 2.1.11 + HDA and there is no problem at all. In fact i am using the Windows XP SP2 + HDA at the moment.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:04 pm

TJHart85 wrote:Why did you go into a beta forum just to complain that nothing works, I understand that problems have existed before this update, but why bother?

What makes you need to be rude to the creator of this site and update pack?

Just curious.

Anyways, I'll be updating my system shortly, thanks to all the testers who have reported good luck.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: what are you talking about? how was I rude to anyone? I'm so confused now... you must have completely misunderstood what I said or something... seriously don't know what you're going on about... I haven't complained about anything not working... as far as this update pack is concerned because I have not used it! So anyways nothing to complain about here... I was only agreeing with someone who had mentioned something about update packs with bugs in them creating more adverse effects down the road... that is all.
TJHart85 wrote:EDIT:
RyanVM wrote:Other than that, I need to clean up entries.ini to take advantage of Integrator 1.5 and I'm happy to call it a final release.
Hm....maybe I'll just wait for the full update that has the T-13 error fixed, makes it .5% easier on me.
ok, whatever suites you... :wink:
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

armond

Post by armond » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Sorry for not saying before.
OK, I tested the issue on 3 real PC with different configurations. Here is the results:
2.1.11 + HDA = No issue.
2.1.11 no HDA = No Issue.
2.2.1b2 and b3 + HDA = Have the TimeZone Issue.
2.2.1b2 and b3 no HDA = have the TimeZone issue.
I can test again if you need/like.
Edit: Another test.
2.1.11 + Code's RUPUpdates-2.1.11.13 Addon + HDA = No issue.
2.1.11 + Code's RUPUpdates-2.1.11.13 Addon no HDA = No Issue.

Joe S

Update Pack

Post by Joe S » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:50 pm

I was just over at MSFN and found a post that said addons are added at T13. I deleted the Dec stuff so can't say for sure. I think I used the Dec update pack with Ryan's addons from June. This month I used all of the stuff from bit torrent and Ryan has an updated addon pack at this time. I did not have a problem in Dec but did in Jan. I don't know if I'll have time to test with the June addons and most recent update pack. I know this is a frustrating problem to solve. Just thinking of another possibility.
Joe

Phred

Post by Phred » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:15 pm

RyanVM wrote:Let's make sure the final 2.2.1 and 1.5 releases are the best releases yet!
Why not wait until it is the "best release yet"? Feb is so close could also pick up any Feb hotfixes.

Phred

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Because, Phred, the next Patch Tuesday is 16 days from now, give or take a few hours depending on where you are. The soonest reasonable release date would be just about three weeks away.

Considering how close b3 is to being of full release quality, I don't believe I could justify forcing everybody to wait that long unless something unthinkable happens. Just my two cents. :)

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:38 pm

5eraph wrote:Because, Phred, the next Patch Tuesday is 16 days from now, give or take a few hours depending on where you are. The soonest reasonable release date would be just about three weeks away.

Considering how close b3 is to being of full release quality, I don't believe I could justify forcing everybody to wait that long unless something unthinkable happens. Just my two cents. :)
I could not agree more if Ryan feels it is ready we need to get this released as finial ASAP. If you wait much longer all your hard work will be for nothing if my source is right SP3 will be final the end of February or the first of March. Please Ryan if you feel this is ready to go final do it ASAP I do not want to see it delayed again until the next patch Tuesday.

Thanks again for all your hard work.... :D

SymSpaceT

Post by SymSpaceT » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Hello folks,

Kabul TZ:
The RealTec track might not be the right track. I have tested the beta pack in my environment that has no RealTec of any kind at all and the bug still shows up. In addition, I have the following somewhat vague tests results:

1. Untill my latest two tests, I had the following happenning in my evironment:

Integrating tool: nLite
Packages used:

Ryan221beta3
WinXP kb917537
WinXP kb939373
WinXP kb941569
WinXP kb926247
UserprofileHiveCleanup16d
IE7 (direct download,MS), no package!
IE7 kb938127
IE7 kb942615
WMP10v3.1 Ryan's
WMP kb936782

All other settings in nLite were set on the first run and more-or-less (vague) not changed on subsequent runs.

During integration, I had the following messages:
- KB941569 can only be integrated using the older method (not "directly") (and therefore shows up as new installation after setup finishes)
- Newer version overwrite messages:
IE7: browserui.dl_
in ISO: 6.0.2900.3231, replace with hotfix version 6.0.2900.2995? decided to keep ISO version
IE7: shdocvw.dl_
in ISO: 6.0.2900.3231, replace with hotfix vrsion 6.0.2900.2987? decided to keep ISO version
IE7: shlwapi.dl_
in ISO: 6.0.2900.3231, replace with hotfix version 6.0.2900.2995? decided to keep ISO version

RyanWMP10:custstat.dl_ in ISO:9.0.2600.2180 to Hotfix ver1.0.18.1900? decided to overwrite ISO file with seemingly older Hotfix file (--is this a typo in the version number?)

This produced no Kabul TZ for like 3-4 installs, the Microsoft Update site did not indicate any updates necessary for IE7, and IE& functioned correctly.

HOWEVER

- When I decided to ALLOW the overwrites in the IE7 cases (i.e.: the ISO files got overwritten by the earlier version-numbered hotfix
or
- I used one of the IE7 packages (onepiece)

then I was assumed to be in the Kabul timezone

Unfortunately, this reasonably consistent behaviour broke in my last two tests, whereby the Kabul TZ showed up even when I did not allow the overwrites. I don't know what changed in between, I might have changed some setting in the TWEAK section of nLite.

The initial installation source is WinXPPro SP2 English-US

I might havr some time to do more testing later.