Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:03 am

But as I said I am getting this problem with NO addons - just the pack on its own. I don't use any removeable addons at all.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Do you use a clean source CD.

@UpdatePack developer

There is a BUG at Add and Remove Programs this Microsoft Tools "Silverlight" "DirectX for Managed Code" "Image Mastering API" "SmartCard Driver" "MSXML4" "Windows Rights Management Client" Should not be added at:
Add and Remove Programs -> Add/remove Windows Components
But schould be added at:
Add and Remove Programs -> Change or Remove Programs

The original installer does this also because if a newer version comes out the uninstaller won't work anymore or you get problems to install the newer version like i had with the new Silverlight.

And to add this "MicrosoftUpdate" "DirectXUpdate" "WMP11 Roll Back" "IE8 Roll Back" in Add and Remove Programs makes no sens.

Hop this gets fixed. For now i have removed this entries with a addon.

For me it's still the main UpdatePack but sametimes this UpdatePack reminds me of this video :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQWNGLv8w74

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:59 am

2.2.4-090326: added a workaround to avoid RVMi .inf file limitations (for winnt.exe installations)
Could you please explain this, onepiece?

If it were dosnet.inf fix of adding svcpack to [optionalsrcdir], RVMi 1.6.1b2 would have fixed the issue.
I should have detected this issue earlier.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:31 am

@Outbreaker: It's not a bug but a feature. When MS release a newer version, changes the uninstaller too. so previous uninstaller is automatically removed from Add/remove Windows components.
However Onepiece will take note of your opinion.

@Yumeyao: nothing particular. he adds a simple [EditFile] to fix the specific issue posted by Geforce.
Thanks for beta 2: we'll try it and report the result
EDIT: seems that beta 2 hasn't fixed that specific problem. Tested with this addon: txtsetup.sif is processed until 999 lines and dosnet.inf stops at 490 :(
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

armix7

Post by armix7 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:24 am

Hi everyone,

I just want to give "heads up" to OnePiece for an excellent add-on - many thanks.
This version is fantastic, for once I have zero problems with installation and absolutely clean system logs over the last couple of days.
My integration with Ryan's last post-SP3 pack somehow didn't seem quite right. Then I tried OnePiece's OIA with nLite, good stuff - respect ! Nonno - thanks for your support mate!

conan

Post by conan » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:50 am

What changes should I do to this update pack to create desktop and quick launch shortcut for WMP11 ?
I know how to create shortcut using third party utilities (XXMKLINK 1.0.0.1).

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:57 am

conan wrote:What changes should I do to this update pack to create desktop and quick launch shortcut for WMP11 ?
Launch WMP once - shortcuts will be created.

conan

Post by conan » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:05 am

Pasha_ZZZ wrote:
conan wrote:What changes should I do to this update pack to create desktop and quick launch shortcut for WMP11 ?
Launch WMP once - shortcuts will be created.
Well, I have some registry tweaks imported at runonce which set WMP11 as I want, so the first window is by-passed :wink:
Should I need to modify WMP.inf?

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:00 pm

@nonno fabio
Will Onepiece change this in the next version ?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:52 am

Probably no.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

conan

Post by conan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 am

I solved my problem with desktop and quick launch icons for WMP11, using a inf file like this:

Code: Select all

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"

[Optional Components]
XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks

[XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks]
OptionDesc="Microsoft Windows XP x86 Registry Tweaks"
Tip="Microsoft Windows XP x86 Registry Tweaks"
Modes=0,1,2,3
AddReg=XP_x86.AddReg

;This works nearly at T24...
[XP_x86.AddReg]
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx XP_x86.inf,XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks,,4,N"

;This works at T13...
[XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks]
AddReg=PreRunOnce.AddReg

;This works at first boot...
[PreRunOnce.AddReg]
;Call the user tweaks section... (for all users)
HKU,".DEFAULT\%RUNONCE%","XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks",0x00020000,"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx XP_x86.inf,AfterUserStart,,4,N"

;This runs after first desktop loads... (for all users)
[AfterUserStart]
ProfileItems=WMP11DesktopItemAdd,WMP11QuickLaunchItemAdd

[HKU.DelReg]
HKU,".DEFAULT\%RUNONCE%","XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks"
HKU,"S-1-5-18\%RUNONCE%","XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks"
HKU,"S-1-5-19\%RUNONCE%","XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks"
HKU,"S-1-5-20\%RUNONCE%","XP_x86_Registry_Tweaks"

[Strings]
RUNONCE="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce"

[WMP11DesktopItemAdd]
Name = "Windows Media Player", 0x0000008, 16384
CmdLine = 16422,"Windows Media Player","wmplayer.exe /prefetch:1"
WorkingDir = 16422,"Windows Media Player"
InfoTip = "@%%systemroot%%\inf\unregmp2.exe,-160"
DisplayResource = "%systemroot%\inf\unregmp2.exe",4

[WMP11QuickLaunchItemAdd]
Name = "Windows Media Player", 0x0000008, 16410
CmdLine = 16422,"Windows Media Player","wmplayer.exe /prefetch:1"
SubDir = "Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"
WorkingDir = 16422,"Windows Media Player"
InfoTip = "@%%systemroot%%\inf\unregmp2.exe,-160"
DisplayResource = "%systemroot%\inf\unregmp2.exe",4
That was ripped from a bigger inf file.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 am

Oh that's bad news. But like i said i had probelms to install a new version of Silverlite and had to use a extra uninstaller. In my option it's better to do it the original Microsoft way i'm sure they have done this not for fun :)

djkc

Post by djkc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 am

I have had problems with Silverlight uninstall/repair/upgrade as well, usually when doing repair installs. Can't remember if I've tried updating silverlight on any machines installed with an older integrated version. Typically I just have to find the silverlight msi files in \windows\installer, delete them, install msicuu2, and remove the Silverlight uninstall entries. Then the new version will install fine afterwards.

Nic01

Post by Nic01 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi all,

Is there a greek xp update pack from one piece,containing ie8 and wmp11?Or is it possible to request for one?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:25 am

@nic01:
No, it isn't and it never will be, I suppose, just like any other localized version, different from english and italian.
You could try to localize it by yourself (the "search" function of the forum would help you) providing all the GR localized hotfixes and components and modifying the inf files with the localized strings.

@conan:
You could use this:
ONEPIECE_WMP_PLUS_ADDON.cab
http://ifile.it/wjqpi5l/onepiece_wmp_plus_addon.cab
Hash MD5 C31221A4E8514691B8050D661D4B70FD
but it will never be implemented in the update pack: Onepiece prefers to keep things as Microsoft does
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

conan

Post by conan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:45 am

@nonno fabio
It's very good that OnePiece keep things as Microsoft does (about WMP11 setup) with no additional tweaks.
All of us we can customize the Windows setup as we need using add-ons and this is the best way.
With my above method we can add or remove shortcuts as we want and where we want since it's working from RunOnce.
Thanks for your work guys!

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:25 am

nonno fabio wrote: but it will never be implemented in the update pack: Onepiece prefers to keep things as Microsoft does
That's now ironic :D

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:41 am

LOL at least about WMP and IE

Nic01

Post by Nic01 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Ok nonno ,

i m already getting some help in the forum from yumeyao ,a bit difficult for me though to understand instructions.But i ll get to it finally i suppose.

Ok, thanks and....keep up with the good work mates

I ll be at :
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7154

DirtyTodd

Post by DirtyTodd » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Great Work....Can I downgrade the Internet Explorer to V7 if yes how..

sergo

Post by sergo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:31 am

Sorry for a noob question,
but does OnePiece include DX runtimes (like those in RedDXRuntimes)?
--------------------------
Best regards,
Sergo.

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

sergo wrote:but does OnePiece include DX runtimes
as it includes by default more stuff like IE8, DX updates

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:37 am

DirtyTodd wrote:Great Work....Can I downgrade the Internet Explorer to V7 if yes how..
yes, you can, if you follow these steps:
- download the new IE7 Addon Maker and create your own addon (don't use the True Addon or any different IE7 solution, because they need to be updated)
- integrate your addon after the UpdatePack with RVMi (we suggest RVMi because it better handles [ObsoleteFiles] ini section)

@sergo: yes; see first post list
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ma Pe

Post by Ma Pe » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Hello nono,

I integrated onepiece2.2.4, at the same time "deintegrated" Silverlight, Windows Search and Smartcard. The code installed without the "mscorier" message.

It displays the MS Activation Demand message. From Chile I have to make a phone call (those digit strings are an imposition) to activate.

Then I call MS Update and it tells me that it needsl the .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 and the .NET family pack ( :lol: I did not know that .NET even has a family! I always thought it was software. Microsoft is turning humane? Or is it a family of spiders in a net trying to catch us?)

I looked into "Add or Remove Programs" and there is nothing to add or remove.

Therefore I repeated the above integration/desintegration with the complete download of the SP1 (about 230MB). It integrated without messages. The install, however failed. There was some process, similar to a batch process except that it was not the typically black DOS window, which issued a message that stated that the code it tried to update was not installed.

I thought that maybe I forgot to install the "family pack" and I looked around and found some MS webpage where one can download three files, each much smaller, which are to be installed in a prescribred ascending .NET release order. The integration was error free. The installation failed with three of those "DOS-like" windows where I had to cancel manually. It could not find the code.

End of report of my experience. What follows are a few questions:

How important is .NET 3 and 3.5? Is it sufficient to have .NET 2 plus all the appropriate service packs? Also are .NET 1 and .NET 1.1 needed?

It is convenient to have everything in one piece; I imagine that some modules depend on others that are previously integrated or installed. The Onepiece pack can solve this once and forever. But from an architectural point I have a question. I have the impression that .NET, DirectX, Windows Search, and maybe other systems ride on top of any one of the (newer) versions of Windows. They depend on the OS but are not part of the OS. Could this be structured differently? One code of all the updates to XP, and all the rest in individual files which are installed in a required order because of the dependencies. Now we can chose to integrate Silverlight or not, IE7 or I8, Windows Search or not, etc as long as the requirements (dependent code sections) are integrated before. It still would be "Onepiece" in a macro sense because the subcomponents are fashioned consistently, and that is where it would shine compared to picking similar subcomponents from different integrators who have different approaches that could result in incompatibilites. (Reading the message trails, I have the impression that there are different ways to "cut the pie", some are more simple than others)

This is a simplistic, top-down view. However, I am ignorant about Windows technology, and maybe this is only a dream because the Windows installation architecture may not have clear boundaries.

In any case, I will keep trying to "master" Onepiece.

Thanks for this impressive piece of code.
Working with computers since 1960 and still haven't caught up. Sigh!

sT0n3r

Post by sT0n3r » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:18 am

2.2.4 is working perfect for me here, i am still removing the "extra components" by editing them out of the OPMWXPUP INF and repacking the addon, i dont use the addon removers

keep up the great work mate :)

EaglePC

Post by EaglePC » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:21 pm

nonno fabio
hope you drop ie8 in the next release,it his horrible...

crashfly

Re: Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack v2.2.4-090326

Post by crashfly » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Hmmmm ... no please? No thank you? I would suggest you read his comments about requests ...
nonno fabio wrote:You don't like any of the components included in OnePiece's XP Update Pack?
If you prefer a different configuration of Onepiece AIO Update Pack I suggest you to use RyanVM Update Pack with your preferred addons and you'll get your own XP disc without the need to remove anything.
Besides, how is IE8 horrible? No details on that. I am sure we do not need to know then.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:30 pm

EaglePC wrote:nonno fabio
hope you drop ie8 in the next release,it his horrible...
lol... use another pack then....

presuhn

Post by presuhn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:01 pm

yes...he's made it pretty clear that what's in the pack is in the pack. there are plenty of other options if IE8 isn't for you.

i've been using it since the beta phase and while i don't think it will replace firefox as my primary browser, it's certainly a step up from 7, and infinitely better than 6 was.

code65536

Post by code65536 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:04 am

I know this is off-topic, but I wonder why people hate IE8 so much. Is is some blind knee-jerk anti-M$ response? For the record, I absolutely hate IE6 simply because of the amount of time and energy (from a developer's point of view) that must be spent to work around IE6 bugs. The web would be a much better place if IE6 would just die a quick death. Plus, it's slow and has a poor UI, but those are secondary to the greater sin of a buggy engine. IE8 is much more standards-compliant and much better, and there is no reason whatsoever someone should prefer IE6 or even IE7 over IE8.

(Of course, my browser of choice is Firefox, but IMO, anything that helps put an end to IE6's life is welcomed, even if it's another version of IE.)
My addons: CmdOpen - HashCheck - Notepad2 - MS Runtimes - DirectX

Into the breach, meatbags!

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:43 am

I´ll tell you why! It makes computer run sluggish and damn slow, if you dont have multi-core processor or lots of memory. I´d say way too much security, like a real-time antivirus scanning all the time for bad internet sites that may not exist any more. It is a burden to CPU. Some sites or web services do not support it at all. Not a big problem, but there is no translation of this IE version into my language also.

Thats not only my personal opinion. If you find, that it´s false, tell me!
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 am

LOL I JUST installed XP on a celeron 366mHz w\384 megs ram with this addon.

Using AVG and IE8 with cable net and browsing is actually not really that bad.

It doesn't slow the pc down AT ALL, Yes it uses ram and does take longer to use than my new PC but it is still far better that IE7 and while a bit slower than IE6 I feel much safer and more comfortable with it on the old P.O.S. system.

What web sites? Have you seen the compatability view button? I have yet to run into any sites that run on it. Plus I didn't need to change my site at all to make it work with IE8.

(I did not remove anything with nLite and did not disable any services yet)

code65536

Post by code65536 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:56 am

I have no problems with IE8 with an old 8-year-old laptop (older than XP!). It's not resource-intensive (turn off the phishing filter). Nowadays, the biggest resource hog when browsing is, by far, that disgusting immorality known as Flash--the amount of resources spent by the browser itself is so low that any difference between IE6 and 8 is relatively negligible. The claim that IE8 is unsuitable for old, weak systems is dubious, as I can attest from personal experience that there's nothing wrong with that (but of course, Firefox with either NoScript or FlashBlock would be even better).

Though it looks like Kel has me beat in the old-machines dept. But I actually use my old machine fairly regularly.
My addons: CmdOpen - HashCheck - Notepad2 - MS Runtimes - DirectX

Into the breach, meatbags!

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 am

IE 8 is better then IE7 ....

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:54 am

code65536 wrote:I know this is off-topic, but I wonder why people hate IE8 so much. Is is some blind knee-jerk anti-M$ response?
I agree on it.

One of my roommates just hate M$ and hate IE8 by no reasonable reason. Even he prevented me installing IE8 on my another roommate's computer.

He is the typical and living example that there is a kind of people always follows other's sayings, never has his own opinion on things. :? I feel very hard to deal with him because he thinks what he sees at those Chinese forums are correct. :( Damnnn I REALLY don't like to put much time on Chinese forums... too much impoliteness and too much unnecessary compliment. If I had put much time on Chinese forums I could tell him I am some person then things might become easier. :rolleyes:
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

sT0n3r

Post by sT0n3r » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:13 pm

some new updates since 2.2.4 ?? on ms update

Ma Pe

Post by Ma Pe » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:18 pm

:D Thank you all for clarifying one of several questions I raised in my last post, dated April 14.

Since I don't have experience with IE6, 7, or 8, I will take the suggestions and integrate the latest version.

Just to share my experience, let it be known that I have been very satisfied with Firefox for many years.

:?: Would it be possible, please, to have another community conversation about the other questions I raised in said post? I would like more information about the relevance and importance of all those superstructures which ride on top of .NET3 and .NET3.5.
:?: Also I would appreciate a hint on how to integrate the SP1 of .NET3.5? My two attempts failed miserably at installation time.

Thank you all! :!:
Working with computers since 1960 and still haven't caught up. Sigh!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:40 am

sT0n3r wrote:some new updates since 2.2.4 ?? on ms update
Usually it takes more time for Onepiece to upload his pack than to build it ;)

I guess it's ready and this could be the changelog:
Added:
KB923561 (supersedes KB960763)
KB945184
KB951159
KB952004
KB956572 (supersedes KB960419 & KB960496)
KB958580 (supersedes KB958106)
KB959426 (supersedes KB960417)
KB960064 (supersedes KB960380-v2)
KB960803
KB961373 (supersedes KB951698)
KB961451-v2 (supersedes KB959237)
KB961729 (supersedes KB955069)
KB961742 (supersedes KB960139)
KB965220 (supersedes KB957808 & KB958877)
KB967705
KB967756 (supersedes KB958756)
KB967882
KB968730
KB968764 (supersedes KB949033 & KB949764)
KB969111 (supersedes KB932521)
KB969179
KB969262 (supersedes KB932578)
KB969356-v2
KB969442
Windows PowerShell(TM) 1.0
added the option to uninstall IE8 (from Windows Component Wizard and a clean XP source)
EDIT: uploaded.

kandurak

Post by kandurak » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:59 am

Please update wincert forum as well. I can't access Adrive site here...

Oron123
Location: In the tavern in the village of Fleur de lis near Calypso - StS

Post by Oron123 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:18 pm

Thank you for the new update. Appreciated!
An advice for life: Do not argue with people who have no knowledge.
They aren't aware of what they say/write and will drag you down to their level.
www.TecHappens.com

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:09 pm

I found 2 Bugs:

1. chm file won't open with Windows help program.
2. If i click on Computer Management i get this error (MMC could not create the snap-in).

EaglePC

Post by EaglePC » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 pm

hey no problems here 99.999 pure no bugs i see great pack thanks

geforce

Post by geforce » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:21 am

no problems thanks

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:12 am

Just wanted to say...You forgot to update an entry in the contents list. Update for root certificates is still february version. If you have the time you can look it over.

About IE8...if all of this is true that here is said than it must be something about wrong settings...dunno. :rolleyes:
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

ccuappz

Post by ccuappz » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks,

When I want to download "Disable WGA" as well as some other links , it shows "File not available" :(
Will you please check all the addresses of the "Remove/Disable" section again?

TIA

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:28 am

Silverlight, Smart Card Driver & Windows Search removal addons still available.

Disable_WGAN_AddOn
Remove_NETFX1.1SP1_DMX_AddOn.7z

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Sorry the 2 bugs i posted are no UpdatePack Bugs. I have done a settings that causes this bugs. grrr
Last edited by Outbreaker on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acheron

Post by Acheron » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks for adding all these new hotfixes to the pack and providing this list of changes.
When updating my CD I also found KB952595 got updated -> v3, but it's not listed on your pack.

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Acheron wrote:Thanks for adding all these new hotfixes to the pack and providing this list of changes.
When updating my CD I also found KB952595 got updated -> v3, but it's not listed on your pack.
Thank you :wink:

tell the truth and ricktendo64 that is giving me a hand in this release, I was not even aware of half of the fix added in this release,
thanks again for the alert, I had not seen this fix

@All
the Remove AddOn has been updated, why, and also added Remove_DirectX_Post-SP3_AddOn, I will come tomorrow when his Nonno Fabio put all links in place.

Ciao a tutti.

pandu

unable to download small RVMIntegrator-only addons (updated 2009-03-19)

Post by pandu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:49 am

Hey nonno fabio,
Thanx 4ur updatepack..
but i m unable to download small RVMIntegrator-only addons (updated 2009-03-19)..it's saying that file not found error..
pls upload them again.