HELP: XP SP3 slipstreamed install error

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
punk18

HELP: XP SP3 slipstreamed install error

Post by punk18 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Hey guys,

I have a Windows XP Pro original retail (no SP) cd and try to slipstream with SP3 and OnePiece's Post-SP3 1.3.2 pack. Everything went fine, however when I use the slipstreamed CD to install as upgrade, I got a "File Copy Error" window. I tried this with another CD with XP Pro SP2 original on different machine, different CD burner, etc. and got the same error. And it's different missing files.

Any ideas?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:24 pm

One thread will do. ;)

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:21 pm

It looks like a possible issue with the media you are using. Any possible way you can test the ISO through a virtual machine first? This way you can absolutely rule out there were any problems.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:18 am

I haved same problem while ago, and i soloved problem with antivirus :) I never knew that i have some Vundo Trojan hosted on my machine, after clearing, installation work fine.

punk18

Post by punk18 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:25 am

Interesting... I tried everything include Virtual Machine, daemontools, and my pc is virus free scanning with Kaspersky, NOD32 and McAfee. Still the stupid error. For the media, I tried 2 CDs with 2 different versions: XP Pro SP0 and XP Pro SP2 slipstream SP3, still not working. :?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Sounds to me like bad media or picky dvd drives. I have had a lot of experiance with both. Some dvd drives are very picky on the type of burnt media. It could be possible both drives you used are picky. I always carry around my own dvd drive that is known to work well with my media... just in case I have this issue. Since it is different files each time you try... and you tried on different pc's... that is the best explanation I can possibly think of. Especially if you get no errors when you test the iso in a virtual environment.

Try different media... or you can also try burning at a slower speed.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

bobotlito

Post by bobotlito » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:08 pm

i will extract the iso content to a folder, then i'll use a "directory compare software" to compare the content of that folder with the conent of the CD. this way i would know if the burning method is good.