XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3 20180109

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:55 am

@5eraph
Did Microsoft not fixed this update problem from November? I have a version from August and i don't see any problems with the Windows XP Update and the Microsoft Web Catalog. :?

PROBLEMCHYLD
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Contact:

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 am

@ user_hidden

Do you think its possible to create an updated hotfix package?

User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3213
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:59 am

New Silverlight not supported on XP

Edit: just tested my repack msi installer and it installs and works fine, seems to be an issue with setup launcher and not the msi installer or program itself

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:33 pm

PROBLEMCHYLD:
user_hidden wrote:i'll update the TZ later off to shovel snow and work ....
Outbreaker:
Outbreaker wrote:@5eraph
Did Microsoft not fixed this update problem from November? I have a version from August and i don't see any problems with the Windows XP Update and the Microsoft Web Catalog. :?
Yes, Microsoft fixed it. Guess I should have quoted the whole thing.
5eraph wrote:[2014/11/30 22:55 UTC] - 20141130
  • Removed MUWeb.dll v7.6.7600.256 [from the POSReady addon] as it's no longer needed; r257 works again.
    Updated Adobe Flash to v15.0.0.239 from v15.0.0.223.
    Microsoft Update Catalog web control v7.4.7057.249 updated.
    • From build timestamp 120501-0858 to 130620-1021

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:36 pm

If you removed it from your POS-UP why is the "muctwctl.dll" file included?

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:18 pm

That file is newer than the one in user_hidden's 20141111, and because I haven't released POSReady 20141209 yet... :P

Just started testing all of my releases. ETA: 3.5 hours.
  • 5er_UpdatePack_XPx64SP2_2014-12_1.7z
    5er_IE6Update_Addon_2014-12_1_x64.7z
    5er_IE8_Addon_2014-12_1_x64.7z
    XPSP3_QFE_POSReady_Addon_20141209_5er.7z
    YumeYao_IE8_Addon_Clean_ENU_1.5.3.7z
    YumeYao_IE8_Addon_Nosetuperr_ENU_1.5.3.7z

long-lurker
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 am

Post by long-lurker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:23 pm

5eraph wrote:Just started testing all of my releases. ETA: 3.5 hours.
Sweet !!!...
I'm looking forward to doing my "End Of Year" updates on six different computers :)

Two get updated *every* month, I guess I've been getting 'lazy' in my old age.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:33 pm

would love to update the TZ but can't download the hotfix !
anyone else having this issue?

Update for WEPOS and POSTReady 2009 (KB3013410)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 105482e017

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:36 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:New Silverlight not supported on XP

Edit: just tested my repack msi installer and it installs and works fine, seems to be an issue with setup launcher and not the msi installer or program itself
I repacked it yesterday as well but in VM while testing my new updatepack
Silverlight addon did not install. i'll look more into it when I have time to find out why, but yes seems to be initiated from the exe install.

SHO_GuN
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:26 pm

Post by SHO_GuN » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:50 pm

user_hidden wrote:would love to update the TZ but can't download the hotfix !
anyone else having this issue?

Update for WEPOS and POSTReady 2009 (KB3013410)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 105482e017
That link doesn't work here either - I downloaded it yesterday via Microsoft Catalog.

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:08 pm

MUCatalog worked for me too.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:09 pm

changelog:
20141210
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.19
updated Microsoft Update Catalog Web Control
updated Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.235 ActiveX Control
added KB3013410 removed KB2998527 & KB3011843

PROBLEMCHYLD
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Contact:

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:17 am

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:@ user_hidden

Do you think its possible to create an updated hotfix package?
What I meant was can you create an hotfix package with only hotfixes?

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:What I meant was can you create an hotfix package with only hotfixes?
isn't that what WU does (autoupdate), or am I misunderstanding the question?

User avatar
vodacuza
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Fukushima 3rd reactor

Post by vodacuza » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:14 am

thank you for still updating it !

User avatar
vodacuza
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Fukushima 3rd reactor

Post by vodacuza » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:28 am

Please I do not know a more apropiate place to ask for a quick remedy of the Windows File Protection (WFP) disease in XP !
It seems nlite no longer able to patch the file(s) responsible for WFP in xp...so I need the latest version of the dll or sys
file(s) guilty for this to manually upgrade them into the source iso image.
If there is something very annoying in Vista, win7 or later OS... is this still increased dumb protection in wich we very often found ourselves in a stupid figth against our machines to simply obey us as legitimate owners and users that we are..so I prefer XP also for this reason always after I properly eliminate WFP. Any help please ?

ltsnow
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by ltsnow » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:50 pm

vodacuza wrote:Please I do not know a more apropiate place to ask for a quick remedy of the Windows File Protection (WFP) disease in XP !
It seems nlite no longer able to patch the file(s) responsible for WFP in xp...so I need the latest version of the dll or sys
file(s) guilty for this to manually upgrade them into the source iso image.
If there is something very annoying in Vista, win7 or later OS... is this still increased dumb protection in wich we very often found ourselves in a stupid figth against our machines to simply obey us as legitimate owners and users that we are..so I prefer XP also for this reason always after I properly eliminate WFP. Any help please ?
The last version of nlite (1.4.9.3) still patches the SFC files. I know because I used it not long ago.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:21 pm

changelog:
20150113
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.20
updated Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.257 ActiveX Control

PROBLEMCHYLD
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Contact:

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:57 am

user_hidden wrote:
PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:What I meant was can you create an hotfix package with only hotfixes?
isn't that what WU does (autoupdate), or am I misunderstanding the question?
The hotfixes are by request. You can't get them thru windows update.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:37 pm

to get a request only update use the following link and replace the X's with the KBnumber without the "KB"

Code: Select all

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=XXXXXXX

PROBLEMCHYLD
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Contact:

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:50 am

user_hidden wrote:to get a request only update use the following link and replace the X's with the KBnumber without the "KB"

Code: Select all

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=XXXXXXX
I know how to get them, I was asking can you make a separate pack with all them in it.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 pm

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:@ user_hidden

Do you think its possible to create an updated hotfix package?
PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:
user_hidden wrote:to get a request only update use the following link and replace the X's with the KBnumber without the "KB"

Code: Select all

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=XXXXXXX
I know how to get them, I was asking can you make a separate pack with all them in it.
I'm not sure what you are asking for. If you mean only the post-EOL updates, ie the POSReady 2009 updates, doesn't this do what you need?

Cheers and Regards

PROBLEMCHYLD
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Contact:

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:43 am

Here is a small example, NTFS.SYS
the version included in your package is NTFS.SYS 5.1.2600.5712 which is the QFE version and then you have NTFS.SYS 5.1.2600.5782 which is the hotfix version. QFE and Hotfix are NOT the same thing. I think thats where the confusion comes in at.

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:23 pm

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:Here is a small example, NTFS.SYS
the version included in your package is NTFS.SYS 5.1.2600.5712 which is the QFE version and then you have NTFS.SYS 5.1.2600.5782 which is the hotfix version. QFE and Hotfix are NOT the same thing. I think thats where the confusion comes in at.
added in latest release

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:24 pm

changelog:
20150210
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.21
updated Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.305 ActiveX Control
added KB969262 replaced KB932578

PROBLEMCHYLD
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Contact:

Post by PROBLEMCHYLD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:02 am

Just so you know, there are tons of hotfixes for WinXp. If I come a cross a list I will post it. Thanks

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:14 am

Not to disagree with you PROBLEMCHYLD, and I also like to include all hotfixes in my OS builds, but I thought that whether or not hotfixes were included was one of the main differences between the update packs of user_hidden and OnePiece. OnePiece's pack includes them and for the most part user_hidden's does not. I thought that user_hidden's main focus was adding the minimal updates to silence WU. Has that approach changed, or was I mistaken?

Cheers and Regards

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:09 pm

I think you're mistaking user_hidden's with Xable's, bphlpt. Xable stopped updating, and user_hidden took over RyanVM's. The main difference between user_hidden's and OnePiece's is the inclusion of .NET, IE8, WMP11 and Windows Search 4--almost all of which are available separately for user_hidden's pack.

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:37 pm

I was, 5eraph. Carry on, PROBLEMCHYLD.

Cheers and Regards

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:03 pm

changelog:
20150310
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.22
added KB3039024 replaced KB3013410
Last edited by user_hidden on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
moataz
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:03 am
Location: Egypt
Contact:

Post by moataz » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:14 pm

user_hidden wrote:changelog:
20150210
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.22
added KB3039024 replaced KB3013410
Thanks, but isn't it should be 20150310 ?
XP Light, 8.1 Right Developer

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 pm

typo :)

User avatar
=[FEAR]=JIGSAW
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:16 am

Thx

User avatar
vioplujjnsjzfg
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by vioplujjnsjzfg » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm

5eraph wrote:I think you're mistaking user_hidden's with Xable's, bphlpt. Xable stopped updating, and user_hidden took over RyanVM's. The main difference between user_hidden's and OnePiece's is the inclusion of .NET, IE8, WMP11 and Windows Search 4--almost all of which are available separately for user_hidden's pack.
Going through the lists of hot fixes on hidden users update pack I can not find any additional QFE or equivalent GDR hotfixes that onepiece uses.
This is comparing only the components included in both (ignoring NET, IE8, WMP11 and Windows Search 4 etc).
Same applies to the optional request only non security hotfixes. I could not find any additional ones in OnePiece's. So I assume hidden users contains all the optional request only non security hotfixes.

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:51 pm

@OffToppic
vioplujjnsjzfg wrote: I can not find any additional QFE or equivalent GDR hotfixes that onepiece uses.
Where you have searched and have not found anything ?????, OnePiece UpdatePack is FULLLLLL QFE Mod, what said\explained 5eraph is very very clear

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
vioplujjnsjzfg
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by vioplujjnsjzfg » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 pm

OnePiece Alb wrote:@OffToppic
vioplujjnsjzfg wrote: I can not find any additional QFE or equivalent GDR hotfixes that onepiece uses.
Where you have searched and have not found anything ?????, OnePiece UpdatePack is FULLLLLL QFE Mod, what said\explained 5eraph is very very clear

Ciao.
Hi,
I am only comparing all the unmodified official Microsoft QFE updates that are relevant to hidden users and onepiece's pack without the addons.
The reason was to find if there was any official 'requested only' hotfixes that could/should be in hidden users pack based on what it covers.
Again I didn't find any of these missing that are relevant to hidden users pack (ie not including ie8, net4 etc).
I know from other forums there are a few official missing 'requested hotfixes' that have been issued to companies still paying Microsoft for support but they are not available to us (and not in either of the update packs).

adric
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am

Post by adric » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:21 am

Additional updates to be used with u_h Update Pack can be found here. These are not on request only fixes, but can be nicely integrated into his UpdatePack.

User avatar
vodacuza
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Fukushima 3rd reactor

Post by vodacuza » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:39 am

There is some limitation into the Flash Player inside this pack as each time I use youtube it is unable to see & play resolutions above 480p even if I know that that particular video has also full HD 1080p at least.
Once I install the official setup of flash player it restores the ability to see above 480p.

Might be a configuration thing that the flash player inside this pack misses, therefore rises that limitation ?

You may see that only after a fresh install of windows, afterwards it is possible that flash player updates itself by the suggestions many website might push. I made some installations lately on various platforms and all the same

edit:
I might like this limitation as Flash Player became lately very, very demanding... watching the resources it engulfs in task manager while you play some flash content..be that video or a game...it reaches some hundred of MB and worse of all it reaches all the CPU !
to help an intel core 2 duo E6600 (2 real cores at 2400 Mhz each) play flash content I had to use the video card : GTX 750 Ti to watch satisfactory in full HD. My best configuration that I use has a quad Q9550 with that GTX 750 Ti so I was a bit unaware when the flash player became so demanding... making any single core platform completly useless

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:26 am

Did you use the POSReady addon, vodacuza? Versions 20150313 through 20150327 include an update for Flash Player.

User avatar
vodacuza
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Fukushima 3rd reactor

Post by vodacuza » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:39 am

No :D
I used POSReady as it was updated to December 2014, none of 2015. I have December 2014 updated XP only.
I have to wait a few more days to make the April 2015 XP :D

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Which web browser are you using? I can't reproduce the issue in IE8 (fresh install using update pack v20141209 and YumeYao's IE8 v1.5.3, with and without POSReady addon v20141209).

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:09 pm

i can't reproduce the flash issue either that vodacuza has reported.

User avatar
vodacuza
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Fukushima 3rd reactor

Post by vodacuza » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 am

using IE8 just after finishing the xp installation,
It is interesting.. as if the content not having resolutions above 480p, as I said it was made with december 2014 update pack and corresponding posready.

I may upload the iso image somewhere and share the down link through a private message, but does not worth the time and effort. Eagerly for the April update.


REEDIT:
Till the end of this day (spain time, GMT +1) :D I will upload the iso somewhere...and send the links to u_h and 5eraph
whoelse may give it a spin into a virtual machine to see the limitation I was speaking, just PM.

User avatar
vodacuza
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Fukushima 3rd reactor

Post by vodacuza » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:30 am

ok! once 5eraph told me that even using my iso cannot reproduce that flash behaviour I decided to install xp on 2 different comps to search for reasons... in one case it prooved to be responsible updating a partial chipset driver and in another it recovered after updating chipset and installing video drv. SO IT WASN' T THE FLASH FROM INSIDE THE U_H UPDATE PACK :P my mistake 8)

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:15 am

vodacuza wrote:ok! once 5eraph told me that even using my iso cannot reproduce that flash behaviour I decided to install xp on 2 different comps to search for reasons... in one case it prooved to be responsible updating a partial chipset driver and in another it recovered after updating chipset and installing video drv. SO IT WASN' T THE FLASH FROM INSIDE THE U_H UPDATE PACK :P my mistake 8)

thanks for the update as it just saved me sitting down and testing the
files you had sent me. glad to know it had nothing todo with the updatepack :)

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:16 pm

changelog:
20150414
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.23
updated Adobe Flash Player 17.0.0.169 ActiveX Control
added KB3049874 replaced KB3039024
added KB3050995 replaced KB2982792

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed May 13, 2015 7:00 am

change log:
20150512
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.24
updated Adobe Flash Player 17.0.0.188 ActiveX Control

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:11 am

change log:
20150609
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.25
updated Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.160 ActiveX Control

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:15 pm

change log:
20150714
updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.26
updated Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.209 ActiveX Control
added KB3062741v2 replaced KB3049874

superleiw
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:22 am

Post by superleiw » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:47 pm

thanks for the latest updates :)
creating a fresh cd soon

Post Reply