[request] All .Nets in one add-on

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
wireman121

[request] All .Nets in one add-on

Post by wireman121 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:58 am

I had the foxy 1.1 and 2.0 .net installs, but now it seems it is messing with windows update and fails .net 3.0. I am looking for an add-on that has all the .nets in one file...

Maybe a Windows Defender add-on too

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:27 am

All at the moment are IMPOSSIBLE... WinDefender needs to be logged in in order to install and dotNet 1.1 and 3.0 need to be rebooted in order for one or the other to be installed

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:16 pm

I have one that does all 3 of the .net's and includes the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 I just don't have anywhere where I can upload it and I am too darn poor to really afford to pay for hosting :cry:

[Edit]
Forgot to add that it is all done via svcpack @ T-13.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better id***-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rich Cook

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:24 pm

How did you manage that DeathKnight. We will be glad to be informed, or see an addon. You can try rapidshare.com, gigasize.com or turboupload.com for uploading.

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:19 pm

I'll post my code of how I got it to work once I get home from work later today.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better id***-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rich Cook

RunBoris

Post by RunBoris » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:26 pm

RogueSpear had posted a couple .NET addons a while back. I did see where he had 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and a few other things. I'm not sure if they can all be used in the same install, though. If anyone knows that definitively, that would be great to hear.

Protagonist.

Post by Protagonist. » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:41 pm

I think you only need 1.1 and 3.0, because I noticed 3.0 includes 2.0 with itself.

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:18 pm

Protagonist. wrote:I think you only need 1.1 and 3.0, because I noticed 3.0 includes 2.0 with itself.
while that *may* true, I have seen instances where even if they have 3.0 install Windows Update still prompts for v2.0.

Here is the code of what I have used for my add-on:

Code: Select all

cmdow @ /HID

@ECHO OFF
CLS

FOR /f "tokens=3" %%v in ('reg query HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress') do set value="%%v"
IF %value%=="0x1" GOTO SVCPACK
IF %value%=="0x0" GOTO OTHER

:SVCPACK
msistub framework1\netfx.msi /qn
reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW /f 
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f 
msistub framework2\netfx2.msi USING_EXUIH=1 REBOOT=Suppress /qn
msistub framework3\vs_setup.msi /qn /norestart NOVSUI=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress
framework3\wcu\WIC\WIC_X86_ENU.exe /quiet /norestart /nobackup
framework3\wcu\XPS\XPSEPSC-x86-en-US.exe /quiet /norestart /nobackup
msistub VCSP1\vcredist.msi /qn
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
GOTO END

:OTHER
msistub framework1\netfx.msi /qn
msistub framework2\netfx2.msi USING_EXUIH=1 REBOOT=Suppress /qn
msistub framework3\vs_setup.msi /qn /norestart NOVSUI=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress
framework3\wcu\WIC\WIC_X86_ENU.exe /quiet /norestart /nobackup
framework3\wcu\XPS\XPSEPSC-x86-en-US.exe /quiet /norestart /nobackup
msistub VCSP1\vcredist.msi /qn
GOTO END

:END
EXIT
- Rich Cook

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 pm

No offense DeathKnight, but are you blind?
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=638

I'm offering FREE hosting on all addons. Just take the time to ask :)
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:49 pm

LOL..well I stare at a computer screen 10+ hrs a day, I am surprised I not :P
- Rich Cook

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:35 pm

I uploaded my add-on this morning, I am going through some channels to get it hosted so you all can download it. I will keep you informed.
- Rich Cook

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:19 am

I'm skeptical. I can't imagine it being as simple as just using the right switches. People have been trying to integrate all three for so long.

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:39 pm

Well it seems to work for me on a VM and I have just recently tested it on a real machine. As soon as I can upload it you can do with it what you want. ;)
- Rich Cook

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 pm

@dumpydooby, It's possible that this will work. I never tried the /nobackup switch on some of those .NET 3.0 components. It's possible that could alleviate the file lock issue with the .NET 1.1 hotfix. I did have some problems however with not using the setup.exe from .NET 3.0.

I'll be experimenting with it myself (can't believe I'm still screwing around with this stuff).

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:56 pm

LOL, don't try setup.exe. It won't work. I have already tried :p That is why I added the components separately because with the .MSI it doesn't install those 2 components and when scanning on windows updates it considered those 2 components part of 3.0. There may be more components that need to be added but only found that it looks for those 2. I can't tell if the other components are really needed...
- Rich Cook

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:30 pm

Setup.exe with switches works and in the absence of one of the .NET 1.1 hotfixes, I can do all three in one pass. It's been so long since I've messed with this that I can't remember what the issue was, but installing each part of .NET 3.0 piece by piece gave me more problems than I was willing to troubleshoot.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Actually upon further inspection I can see why this will work without error. He is not installing the Windows Presentation Foundation - the source of my problems with implementing an AIO .NET package.

Also missing from this setup routine:
  • Windows Communication Foundation
  • Windows Workflow Foundation
EDIT: I'm not sure what I'm doing different now, perhaps it's the /nobackup switches, but I can now install WPF without a file lock issue with .NET 1.1. Guess it's back to testing some more...

EDIT2: My bad, it's WCF not WPF that has the file lock problem. And I made another installer to test out some of the things here I hadn't tried previously. Unfortunately it still doesn't work.
Product: Windows Communication Foundation -- Error 1304.Error writing to file: Microsoft.Transactions.Bridge.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:20 am

To be honest I think I fixed the problem with the running it with setup. Now whether or not it installed the 2 components above I am unsure of at this point but I am doing further testing to see what is going on.
- Rich Cook

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:40 pm

So I made a 42.9MB all-in-one .NET installer today that's svcpack compatible. I need to polish it up a bit, but it works.

:mrgreen:
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:44 pm

RyanVM wrote:So I made a 42.9MB all-in-one .NET installer today that's svcpack compatible. I need to polish it up a bit, but it works.

I took your advice from the other day and got 'er goin myself ;)

DeathKnight

Post by DeathKnight » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:53 pm

RyanVM wrote:So I made a 42.9MB all-in-one .NET installer today that's svcpack compatible. I need to polish it up a bit, but it works.

Good Job RyanVM 8)
- Rich Cook

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:24 am

thx u Ryan ^^

BbP2k

Post by BbP2k » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:34 pm

Can't wait