[RELEASE] Copy-to Move-to tweak Updated

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
LAN-MAN

[RELEASE] Copy-to Move-to tweak Updated

Post by LAN-MAN » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

hi this is my first so tell me what u think of it

ok .. this tweak will add --< Copy to folder , Move to folder>-- to your Context Menu (right click)

download the switchless exe file from here
http://www.zshare.net/download/lan-man-zip.html
^|||||||^
link changed

waiting for replies
note: I've tested it my self (I made it anyway)
Last edited by LAN-MAN on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

LAN-MAN

Post by LAN-MAN » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:30 am

the download link is temprary it will be removed soon so download the file before expired

kelaniz

Post by kelaniz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:35 pm

About this addon.. When extracted, it leaves you with a LAN-MAN.EXE that's apparently not a SFX archive. What does this EXE actually contain, and what does it do? Like, what program/utility is it actually installing?

Also, does this tweak have the "Create Folder" button in the folder tree that pops up when you click one of the Context Menu entries (a la the various copy/move to regtweaks) or without (like the various .dll-based copy/move to tweaks)
-KZ

Professional writer/musician/lunatic on closed course. Do not attempt.

LAN-MAN

Post by LAN-MAN » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:37 am

kelaniz wrote:About this addon.. When extracted, it leaves you with a LAN-MAN.EXE that's apparently not a SFX archive. What does this EXE actually contain, and what does it do? Like, what program/utility is it actually installing?

Also, does this tweak have the "Create Folder" button in the folder tree that pops up when you click one of the Context Menu entries (a la the various copy/move to regtweaks) or without (like the various .dll-based copy/move to tweaks)
first of all this is not an addon this is a silent installer it directly modifies registry values just double click on LAN-MAN.EXE and it will be installed.
I've just put it here so if anyone likes it I'll make an addon of it- but if not there's no need to bother everybody with an unnessasery new thread.

so u should know that No program/utility is beeing installed.
and to answer your second question here's a snap of what it does

I didn't use any (various .dll-based copy/move to tweaks) I only worked it out with the registry

try it and tell me what u think of it

kelaniz

Post by kelaniz » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:19 pm

Thanks for the addon and the reply, Lan-Man. Nice arrow, too. I definitely didn't miss it. :)

Just so everyone knows (in case they don't) the Copy/Move regtweak has a few bugs, the worst of which is, if you right click on a folder in your Start Menu and choose any of the Explore/Open or Explore All Users/Open All Users options, you get two consecutive popup folder trees asking where you cant to copy, and then move that item. If you cancel both, the explorer window (usually) pops up. It's annoying, and I've never heard of a workaround. But that "Create New Folder" button, IMO, definitely makes it worth it. The DLL-based Powertoy Copy/Move (AFAIK) doesn't have this bug, but also doesn't have that button. :/
-KZ

waleed_wwn

Post by waleed_wwn » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:37 am

@LAN-MAN

you addon is good,it is only have a bug with play all on left task list .

when i try to open some media files by using play all , a popup window ask me where i want to move files instead of playing them

kelaniz

Post by kelaniz » Tue May 01, 2007 2:35 pm

That's the same bug as that I mentioned in the previous post. No idea why it does that, but, for me, having that Create New Folder button is better than the other option (the CopyMove .dll) without the bug.
-KZ

LAN-MAN

Post by LAN-MAN » Sat May 05, 2007 8:49 am

kelaniz wrote:That's the same bug as that I mentioned in the previous post. No idea why it does that, but, for me, having that Create New Folder button is better than the other option (the CopyMove .dll) without the bug.
I'm trying to work it arround with the registry records but nothing until now

kelaniz

Post by kelaniz » Thu May 24, 2007 4:57 am

That would be pretty awesome if you find a fix! I gotta give you credit for even trying. :)

There's a thread where the bug is briefly mentioned @ MSFN, and I think someone said it's due to Windows' method of deciding which handler or CLSID gets priority when multiple items 'fight' over a command. I thought maybe renumbering the Copy/Move CLSID to a new ID occurring after the CLSID that handles Shell-Open might affect the order, but that'd require changing all the the HKCR entries with the Copy/Move handler, and it probably wouldn't work. What have you been trying? I'd be glad to help any way I can.
-KZ