Mcafee Antivirus

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
DeanJ

Mcafee Antivirus

Post by DeanJ » Fri May 11, 2007 8:30 am

Is there anyone that could help me Integrate Mcafee Antivirus into the Windows XP installation disk? So far i have managed to get all the updates and some small programs like Adobe Reader.

I work for a repair / manufacturing company and we are growing rapidly, one of our problems is that we are constantly loading new workstations for users and every workstation uses the same base applications. Im trying to build an unattended Windows XP installation disk that i can just toss in a work station, walk away, then come back load the drivers and do the final few updates and be done.

maxkohl

Post by maxkohl » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:51 am

"setup /q" installs silently.

alternatively, you can use "setup /a" to extract the MSI into a folder tree, apply current patches by slipstreaming MSP files (e.g. "msiexec /p Patch1.msp /a VSE850.MSI"), and then the UA installation may be called silently by "msiexec /i VSE850.MSI /qb" for example.

to SILENTLY install SuperDATs or add-on modules of McAfee, call them with the "/SILENT" switch.