"PDF Creator" Silent Install question

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
lqdwax

"PDF Creator" Silent Install question

Post by lqdwax » Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 pm

Hello All,
I have been trying to install pdf creator 0.9.5. silently without the toolbar. i was told the switch is /comp but i think i was misinformed. has anyone tackled this and if not can you suggest some ways to go about figuring it out for myself. THANKS/thanks for all the help in advance.

bluesbrother

Post by bluesbrother » Fri May 09, 2008 4:11 am

I recommend the following procedure:

1. Create a pdfcreator.inf by copying the following code into notepad and save as

Code: Select all

[Setup]
Lang=english
Group=PDFCreator
NoIcons=0
SetupType=custom
Components=program,ghostscript,comsamples,helpfiles,helpfiles\english,languages,languages\english
Tasks=desktopicon,desktopicon\common,fileassoc,winexplorer
Printername=PDFCreator
ServerInstallation=0
Win9xPrinterdriver=0
WinNtPrinterdriver=0
Win2k32bitPrinterdriver=0
2. Create a Winrar SFX including your installer and the .inf with the following commands (you probably have to change the name of the installer):

Code: Select all

Setup=PDFCreator095.exe /VERYSILENT /LOADINF="pdfcreator.inf"
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
You're done. :D

lqdwax

Post by lqdwax » Fri May 09, 2008 9:17 pm

:D :shock: :D
bluesbrother:
you are AWESOME I cant believe you made it look that easy. I never would have thought of using inf file. Thanks a lot. just when i think i might have a handle on this stuff someone comes along and shows me something new.
which in turn, now i have to learn about. If by chance you might point in a direction to get a better handle on inf for installing. I searched the forums here and over at msfn but cant find much. appreciate any help you can give me.
and again a ton of thanks for the help w/pdfcreator.