MSFN.org state

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
RainyShadow

Re: MSFN.org state

Post by RainyShadow » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:12 pm

So, any word about what was the actual cause?

Dave-H

Post by Dave-H » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm

Nothing about the cause so far from xper as far as I can see, not even on the moderators' section of the forum.

Jody Thornton

Post by Jody Thornton » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Dave-H wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm
Nothing about the cause so far from xper as far as I can see, not even on the moderators' section of the forum.
I find it rather annoying how cavalier xper seems in communicating issues to his readership base. Is it just me?
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:26 am

Not just you. Since he seems to have lost interest in the site, at least most of the interest he used to have. I would hope that he would give or sell it to someone else who has the time and inclination to be at least a little bit more involved. The site will probably survive as long as the members wish to be involved, but it has a better chance with active and supportive management. Technical sites have lost a LOT since their heyday ( 15 - 25 years ago ), the decline probably corresponding to the lack of control the user now has over a computer operating system and programs, and the decline of home computers in general compared to smart phones with their increase in power. [ Look at the extreme decline in general availability of computer magazines in the last 20 years or more. ] I would hope a few technical sites are able to stay active for as long as possible, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. ::sigh::

Cheers and Regards

Jody Thornton

Post by Jody Thornton » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:31 am

I wish I could "love" or "like" your comment bphlpt :)
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)