atmzzrSystemCheck v3.4 [Check installed runtimes versions]

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:39 pm

LOL looks like i have to get some sleep, good that your next version is in 12 hours. :D But i think with a left text alignment things would be easier to spot. :)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:48 pm

ChiefZeke wrote:Also, the program lists my system as having .NET v1.1: 11.4322.2503 installed - which is true but further down the list is a comment: *.NET v1.1 Not available for WinVista and higher; which is false as I have it installed.
automizzer wrote:About .Net 1.1 - the note about compatibility is displayed for every OS and I got this from Microsoft -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229068 and as far as I know you have to do some tricks to install 1.1 on Win7 :rolleyes:
Program tries to detect .Net 1.1 on every OS and if it's not detected it displays '----' also if OS is Vista or higher it adds the '*' to read the note and know that it's not required.
While I understand your point that Vista and higher is not listed in the link you referenced, the link did not say that it wouldn't work on them, at least not that I saw. Maybe change the wording of the note to something like:

Not normally available for WinVista and higher

Because Chief is right that it doesn't make a lot of sense to say that it's not available when you've listed that you found it. It's kind of contradictory.

This app is really turning out to be a wonderful check mainly of installed runtimes, which is great. I'm not aware of another app that is simpler to use. As such, you might consider adding detection of other runtimes. MS Visual F#, MS Visual J#, Adobe AIR, and Adobe Authorware immediately come to mind. (Maybe MSXML?) And if you wanted to go all out, Kel and ricktendo have put out installation packs that add other runtimes that aren't quite as common, but are sometimes required when trying to run older software. And as I think has been mentioned already, it would be ideal if the app was able to list what the latest version available of each runtime is, or say that the runtime is up to date or not, but I do understand that would make the app much bigger and more complicated. So maybe just include links to where the latest version of each runtime could be obtained? Just a thought.

A friend of mine checked this app out and he noticed that it appears it might be unable to detect Flash and Shockwave on Win8/8.1. Just wanted you to know.

I've done more digging about some Adobe runtimes and here's some further info you might need. Shockwave and Authorware are 32bit only plug-ins so will not install or function in a 64bit browser, such as Pale Moon or Waterfox. Probalby IE x64 as well but my installation of it is damaged and since I use IE so infrequently I haven't bothered to try to repair it. Also, it seems that Flash is getting as complicated as .NET. In Win7 it seems you can have Flash installed in at least 3 places, since there are separate Flash downloads for:

* Internet Explorer (and other browsers that support Internet Explorer ActiveX controls and plug-ins)
* Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers)
* Chrome (Pepper-based Flash Player)

And to confirm my friend's findings

* Internet Explorer (Windows 8 )

And even after I updated Flash and it tested correctly in:

COMODO Dragon
Google Chrome
SRWare Iron
IE
Opera
Opera Next
SeaMonkey
Firefox
Waterfox
Pale Moon
SlimBrowser

My installation of Maxthon v4.1.2.4000 shows a different version installed and I haven't figured out yet how to update it or where it is stored.

Cheers and Regards
Last edited by bphlpt on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 am

bphlpt wrote:
Which addon/installer did you use to install it Chief?

Cheers and Regards
@bphlpt

I started at the top and went down the list - ignoring the compatibility message and clicking on the option to install it anyway. Also, a correction to my earlier posting: .NET Framework 1.1 did install in Win8 Pro 64bit - when I upgraded to 8.1 it was removed and would not install not matter what.

dotnetfx11.exe
dotnetfx11sp1.exe
NDP11sp1-KB928366-X86.exe
NDP11sp1-KB953297-X86.exe
NDP11sp1-KB979906-X86.exe
NDP11sp1-KB2572067-X86.exe
NDP11sp1-KB2656353-X86.exe
NDP11sp1-KB2698023-X86.exe
NDP11sp1-KB2742597-X86.exe
NDP11sp1-KB2833941-X86.exe

If there are any others for 1.1 I have no idea as of today.

Rebooted to Win8.1 Pro 64bit - no errors - everything looks OK.

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:03 am

The test version 1.4 has arrived -> LINK
In this version I did some tricks to align the text: first column (with labels) is still quite centered and the second (with versions) is supposed to be aligned to the left. So check this out if it's as it should be.
Also I've changed the *note text to 'Officially not available...' so this tells users that they don't have to install it unless they really need it 8)

Outbreaker - please post a screen of v1.4 under your XP because the last one was very poor aligned ;)

bphlpt - thank you for your kind words, it's good to see that my work is appreciated :)
When I started to code this app I only wanted to check 2xFlash, Shockwave, Silverlight and Java. Mainly for fun and test my skills in vbscript.
And now it's a good piece of code, even it's so simple but no one tried this before.
I thought about other runtimes ad maybe in the future I will add some, I use Kel's and Rick's runtimepacks so don't worry. I visit RyanVM's forum almost everyday since 2008, but I've rarely posted something.
I've decided to post my app here to share something that I made in return to all the great things I've downloaded here :D

I will have to figure out quite much: how to check available/newest version of runtimes in more static way, also it could be hard to static VC++ and .Net installers (maybe i could link to Ricks VC++ AIO and someone .Nets) It would be hard but the app is under development - I only need enough free time. In this free time I would also test the issues you wrote :rolleyes:

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:44 am

1.4 looks good.

Here's a few more suggestions. :) It would be nice if there was an option to print the results out to a text file. It might also be useful if the Computer Name was listed in the results and the workgroup or domain it is a part of, if any, along with a time/date stamp of when the app was run. And for folks with networks of computers would it be possible to gather the info remotely, or would the app need to be resident on each computer? Just random thoughts.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers and Regards

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:20 am

Here we go:

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:34 am

Now the screen looks much better with this aligning :)

And so the v1.4 is now in the first post 8)

I think printing results to txt file is a good suggestion and computer name, domain, workgroup, date&time would be included only in txt. This would be available only for a local computer.
I'm out for the weekend, but I'll probably post a new test/beta on monday ;)

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Booted into XP Pro x64 w/SP2 to see what happens as I am having minor issues with a couple of other programs.

Started v1.4 > error message > Access problem Can't get access to Shell/FileSystem/Registry, try to:

1. Run as administrator
2. Disable antivirus/sandbox for this program

OK > Goes away.

#1 > Am logged on as Administrator.

#2 > Not in sandbox (have seen the term, never tried to use)

#2 > AntiVirus is Microsoft Security Essentials v4.4.304.0 which is also installed in Win7 (Defender is in Win8) and they did not cause a problem when I ran the program in that OS so I'm not sure I agree with possible solution.

Any other suggestions as possible problem and/or fix?

Later:

Win7 Ultimate 64bit w/SP1 and atmzzrSystemCheck v1.4 (programs and versions now in alignment)

v1.4 has VC++2005: 8.0.50727.6195

AIDA64 v4.00.2706 has:

VC++2005 x64: 8.0.50727.42 and 8.0.56336 and 8.0.59192 and 8.0.6100

plus

VC++2005 x86: 8.0.50727.363 and 8.0.61001

v1.4 has VC++2008: 9.0.30729.616

AIDA64 v4.00.2706 has:

VC++2008 x64: 9.0.21022.218 and 9.0.21022 and 9.0.30729.17 and 9.0.30729.4148 and 9.0.30729.6161

plus

VC++2008 x86: 9.0.21022.218 and 9.0.21022 and 9.0.30729.17 and 9.0.30729.4148 and 9.0.30729.6161

v1.4 has VC++2010: 10.0.40219.325

AIDA64 v4.00.2706 has: same

v1.4 has VC++2012: 11.0.50727

AIDA64 v4.00.2706 has:

VC++2012 x64: 11.0.50727 and 11.0.61030

v1.4 has VC++2013: 12.0.21005

AIDA64 v4.00.2706 has: same

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:41 pm

ChiefZeke wrote:#2 > AntiVirus is Microsoft Security Essentials v4.4.304.0 which is also installed in Win7 (Defender is in Win8) and they did not cause a problem when I ran the program in that OS so I'm not sure I agree with possible solution.
I understand Chief, I didn't think that my Anti-malware would effect anything either. But just out of curiosity, could you temporarily disable MS SE and see if the app would run? Just to confirm or eliminate the possibility. Any other anti-malware running?

Cheers and Regards

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Disabling Microsoft Security Essentials made no difference - same error message appeared when v1.4 invoked.
Last edited by ChiefZeke on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 am

I discovered a problem. If you use Rick's repacked installer to install Shockwave in Win7, Programs and Features shows it as installed, and it shows as installed correctly on the Adobe Shockwave test page, but this app shows it as missing. So there must be someplace else to look other than where you are looking.

Cheers and Regards

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:35 am

ChiefZeke - try to run the older test5 version that is without error handling and check the error code -> http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/85568860/file.html
I don't know how AIDA checks the runtimes versions but this app uses the registry to check the newest installed version - the reg value is updated every time a new version is installed. These AIDA versions seem to be uninstall keys :P

bphlpt this issue is adobe's fault :? .exe installer adds a static 'Adobe Shockwave Player' key which is easy to check but the .msi installer add's a GUID key...

Try the new v1.5 -> LINK :
- improved Shockwave check
- added ability to save a text file report

Since I couldn't add a custom button I've decided that it would work like this:
Main window with the list appers and after 'OK' a question pops out 'Do you want to save this report in a text file on your desktop??'
So user can choose the answer or - to not bother the user it will self-close after 3 seconds. The file name includes the generation date&time (also inside) :)
The file will be saved always on users desktop - this is handy and you don't need special rights to save a file on your desktop ;)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:21 am

I like the look of the output in the text file. Looks good!

First reaction of the way the text output was implemented was that the question popup went away too fast. Before I could completely read the message it went away so I had to run it again so I could click the button to get the output saved. There was also no mention in the popup that it was going to go away, or countdown timer or whatever, so how will a new user know what was going on? I understand that you want it to go away quickly for those that don't want the output saved, but I'm just sayin'...

I don't know why you "couldn't" add a custom button. Is the data output just a Message Box? Simple if so, but limited as a result. Another option might be to use command line options to trigger the output and even optionally specify where to put the output, though I understand the convenience to the user of just putting it on the desktop. You might also consider using an .hta for more flexibility in output formatting, ease of adding custom buttons, adding countdown timers, etc. You might want to check out some of gunsmokingman's demo scripts you can find over at msfn.com for examples of using VBScript with .hta files.

Also, I guess for Shockwave that you look for the static 'Adobe Shockwave Player' key and if it is not found, then you look for the GUID key? I suggest you reverse the order of searching. I say that because of the way Adobe did things, yes, their fault again. The problem is that when you update a previous Shockwave installation with the new version, apparently the new version does not completely clean up the previous static key. After "updating" Shockwave, BOTH old and new versions show as installed in "Programs and Features", and your app shows the old version, even though the Shockwave test page shows the new version as installed.

Have you had a chance to test your app in Win8/8.1 to verify that everything is detected correctly? I don't personally have access or I would have tested that for you.

Thanks for continuing to update your app!

Cheers and Regards

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:12 am

I'm glad that output looks good not only for me.

Yes, data output was a VBScript MessageBox so I couldn't add buttons and also there were some problems with alignment - but not any more 8)

There is a new v1.9 [beta] -> LINK - rewrited to be .hta based .exe - Screen

At first I thought I won't be able to do that because I never coded any hta but it seems it's not that difficult :rolleyes:

Changes since previous version:
- Wraped into a GUI - due to rewriting to .hta;
- Added 'Save as a .txt file to your desktop' button with notification after it's saved. Also added 'Close' button;
- Improved Shockwave check - now it checks the static key, search for the GUID key and compare versions if needed.
Such a big change would be good for 2.0 version so after cosmetic changes (this is the first GUI but I think there's quite nothing to change - it's clear/ readable) and if it would work as it should i will update the first post with this as final 2.0 :)

Didn't test it on W8.1 by myself, maybe in some more free time at the end of the month/year

Thanks bphlpt for suggestions and support ;)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Shockwave now seems to be detected correctly, even if remnants of both versions are still in place. (Thanks Adobe. :) ) Personally, I like the dark look, though some might prefer the starker look of the old MessageBox. But the screen and txt file output both look good. I knew the .hta would give you a lot more flexibility. And no, .hta is not that difficult. It's just .html.

I agree that this app is almost ready for 2.0 status. I think that correct operation in Win8/8.1 should be verified and hopefully Chief's issues of it not running for him under XP/XPx64 should be fixed first. Perhaps 5eraph could verify it in his XPx64 system which would imply that it's likely to be some kind of anti-malware software interaction for Chief, like it was for me. :) And maybe user_hidden could re-verify the latest version on his Win8.1 system. I'll also see if I can find anyone else with 8/8.1 installed to check the newest version out.

I haven't run AIDA64, so I'm not sure exactly how it's output is displayed, but I don't think it's important that all the various updates are shown, just the latest most recent for each runtime, since I assume the latest wouldn't install unless the previous ones were already in place? I could be wrong about that. And I'm not sure why it seems that AIDA64 shows some later updates that your app doesn't. I guess it depends on how the info is stored internally. But there must be some way to check for them all since AIDA64 can do it, and MU/WU has to be able to tell in order to push later updates as well. Are there any other runtime detection methods that you could compare results to? Consistency with them, as well as accuracy, is what will give the user confidence in your app and make them reach for it over other tools.

Once 2.0 status is obtained, I guess the only things left that I can think of adding to this wonderful little app would be additional runtimes detected, maybe command line operation for those that just want a .txt file without the screen output, and possibly some way to check whether each runtime is up to date or at least have links available so that the user can check for himself manually. (Links will now be easy to add in the .hta. It would just be a matter of figuring out where to point the user, if such a place existed.)

I know you created this tool for your own use, and as a means to expand your programming abilities, but it might also be useful to get feedback and suggestions from a wider audience. You might consider posting over at WinCert and/or MSFN for example, referring folks here to check out the app. Others might have other ideas on where you could post. Just a thought.

It would be a good idea to list in the first post the Windows versions that the app is compatible with, (will it run on Win2K? ), and any system requirements that you are aware of. Also list the size of the app in bytes and the MD5 of the app. When you start distributing the app more widely, users would also probably appreciate a ReadMe, or at least some kind of minimal help popup if the app is run via command line with a /?, /h, /H, --help or whatever kind of switch. I know it's a simple app and can't make any changes to the user's system or phone home or leave anything running once the app quits or have any kind of adware/malware installed (very nice touch providing a VirusTotal Scan link, by the way) and it isn't "installed" so is completely removed from the user's system when deleted, etc, but these days folks want that kind of reassurance with all the nasties and poorly written code out there.

Thanks for your great work!

Cheers and Regards

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:39 pm

bphlpt wrote:Perhaps 5eraph could verify it in his XPx64 system which would imply that it's likely to be some kind of anti-malware software interaction for Chief, like it was for me. :)
V1.5 works for me. I use only avast! Free v2014.9.0.2006. There is, however, a minor typographical error on the System line for XPx64.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:27 pm

I also noticed that what the app reads for System is a "friendly" field, but is a location that can be edited and changed by the user so might end up to not have anything to do with the actual version of the OS. (A friend of mine's Win7x64SP1 has been customized and shows "Windows Hud Machine™ 2014" in the System field when he ran this app.) While that might be useful, it might be more useful to also read and display the Windows version number like the ones that are listed here, such as 6.1.7601, etc, and the official "correct" translated friendly OS name. You can look here and here for discussions of ways to get and translate those numbers. I don't see any reason to include the ability to get and translate version numbers that are outside of the range of OS versions that can run the app. (Win2K through Win8.1 or whatever is appropriate.)

EDIT: I've read that you might could also check [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]. But you will see that the build number listed there increases slightly via certain updates. For example, for "BuildLabEx" mine is: "7601.22436.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.130828-1532", while a friend's is: "7601.22470.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.131001-1531". I would do some reading about the different possible methods and pick the most reliable and consistent.

Cheers and Regards
Last edited by bphlpt on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:30 pm

1.9 under win8.1x64 does not work.....type mismatch line 86 character 1

basically if you edit the hta and REMOVE the line

Code: Select all

window.moveTo posLeft, postop
than the screen will open and populate the correct values.

the HTA script is waaaaay slooooower than the vbscript was in 1.5

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 am

user_hidden - tried to fix the window.moveTo error (it makes the app window positioned to the center of screen) so chek it out. I've read that it might be caused by multiple-monitors etc. so maybe the new method works.
The 1.5 version only checked the static Shockwave key and now it also searches for the GUID key in every uninstall key so it takes more time.
I added this operation in v1.6 (last VBS version - not uploaded here) and it was also sloooower so this is the reason.

5eraph - the typographical error you noticed is caused by the weird Microsoft(R) name... I do a simple cosmetic trim: if the field begins with Microsoft it trimms 10chars from the left. Now it should be OK and leave the weird name full to not cause the error.

bphlpt - about AIDA64 I will still look into the detection in near future. The latest version of runtime is the most important so there is no need to check for others so we can leave this part.
Also I'm thinking about pointing the up-to-date versions and will do something with that in further versions.
As soon as I fix common errors found here I think I will introduce my app to the wider audience with a readme and stuff you mentioned ;)
I added a command-line switches mechanism that will be extended for more switches if needed and also a hint/tip over the 'System' field for modified OSes (read below) need to be verified if it shows the real system name.

New version and explanation:
v1.93 -> LINK
- improved window positioning (I think so)
- improved 'System' field read (fixed trim error)
- added hint/tip over the 'System' field - hover the right/identified side - to see the product name and version number. (need check)
- added switches mechanism - run with /? switch to show help or /log to only save the .txt (help will be updated with some more informations maybe)
- added version number (to system) and time zone (to generation date&time) in .txt log.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:40 am

I like how the version is shown in the hint and in the log file. We'll have to see if anyone has need of more info.

I tried the /? switch and it works. But if I have my sandbox enabled I get the error message instead of the help. You should probably check for the /? switch first to be able to display the help even if the app won't run at that point. It will also make the response time for help quicker as well. You could also include the error message "requirements" info in the help hint as a warning. The help hint should also specify that normal operation is to use no switches at all and give a very, very, very brief explanation of what the app does, such as "This app will list which versions of several common runtimes are found on your system", or something like that. Any more detailed info could be included in a ReadMe, and referred to in the help hint, IMO, though some apps include it all in the help hint just so they only have one place to update and only one file to maintain. It's up to you.

The /log switch also works, but it would be nicer if it did not "flash" the window on the screen.

Unfortunately, you ignore unknown switches, such as "/junk", and the app runs as if no switch was used. Typical behavior is that if any unknown switches are included that the app should not run but the help hint is shown instead. Some apps will also give the message that "/junk" is not a valid switch, which is very helpful if you didn't realize that you misspelled a switch, like if you typed "/lag" or "/l0g" or "/lpg" instead of "/log" for example. I also noticed that you currently only accept "/log" in lower case. You should convert all non-"/?" switches to lower case before you try to test what the switch is. "/log", "/LOG", "/Log", "/lOg", or any other combination should all be equally accepted.

I also noticed that if you include both switches that it seems to only take the last switch listed. My opinion, and what I have noticed seems to be typical behavior in other command line utilities, is that if the /? switch is located anywhere in the command line the help hint is the only one acted on.

I totally agree that the latest version of a runtime found is the only one that should be required to be displayed, but from what I saw in Chief's post, AIDA64 seemed to find later ones than your app did for VC++2005 and VC++2012, which why I mentioned it. Also, since apparently VC++2005 and VC++2008 seem to have separately registered runtimes for x86 and x64, you could probably treat those as you now are treating Java with [x86|---], [---|x64], [x86|x64] type notations.

I'm glad I have been able to help with suggestions and bug reports. Thank you for responding so quickly each time.

Cheers and Regards

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:38 am

1.93 works now on startup win81x64

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 am

automizzer wrote:5eraph - the typographical error you noticed is caused by the weird Microsoft(R) name... I do a simple cosmetic trim: if the field begins with Microsoft it trimms 10chars from the left. Now it should be OK and leave the weird name full to not cause the error.
Working as intended. Thanks. :)

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Sorry for not commenting for a while - got my new 70" UHD flatscreen this week and have been busy getting the old system (from 1978) out of the house and the new one up and running.

XP Pro x64 w/SP2 > Ran atmzzrSystemCheckTest5.exe > error: Script error in line 4, position 0 > OK > closed.
XP Pro x64 w/SP2 > Ran atmzzrSystemCheck_v1.93.exe > error > Same as previously.

Test results - edited to remove space and unnecessary duplication of info - listing as further info for my 29 Nov posting (can add Win7 and 8 list if required):

Version AIDA64 v4.00.2714 Beta
Benchmark Module 4.1.591-x64
Homepage http://www.aida64.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer CHIEF01
Generator Administrator
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition 5.2.3790 (Win2003 RTM)
Date 2013-12-06
Time 14:17

--------[ Installed Programs ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x64 - 8.0.50727.42 7.1 MB {6E8E85E8-CE4B-4FF5-91F7-04999C9FAE6A}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x64 - 8.0.56336 7.2 MB {071c9b48-7c32-4621-a0ac-3f809523288f}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x64 - 8.0.59192 7.2 MB {6ce5bae9-d3ca-4b99-891a-1dc6c118a5fc}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x64 - 8.0.61000 7.3 MB {ad8a2fa1-06e7-4b0d-927d-6e54b3d31028}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x86 - 8.0.50727.363 Unknown {A49F249F-0C91-497F-86DF-B2585E8E76B7}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x86 - 8.0.59193 Unknown {837b34e3-7c30-493c-8f6a-2b0f04e2912c}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x86 - 8.0.61001 Unknown {710f4c1c-cc18-4c49-8cbf-51240c89a1a2}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 - 9.0.21022.218 6.6 MB {BBBE35B2-9349-3C48-BD3D-F574B17C7924}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 - 9.0.21022 8.4 MB {350AA351-21FA-3270-8B7A-835434E766AD}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 - 9.0.30729.17 13.3 MB {8220EEFE-38CD-377E-8595-13398D740ACE}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 - 9.0.30729.4148 13.2 MB {4B6C7001-C7D6-3710-913E-5BC23FCE91E6}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x64 - 9.0.30729.6161 13.2 MB {5FCE6D76-F5DC-37AB-B2B8-22AB8CEDB1D4}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 - 9.0.21022.218 Unknown {E503B4BF-F7BB-3D5F-8BC8-F694B1CFF942}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 - 9.0.21022 Unknown {FF66E9F6-83E7-3A3E-AF14-8DE9A809A6A4}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 - 9.0.30729.17 Unknown {9A25302D-30C0-39D9-BD6F-21E6EC160475}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 - 9.0.30729.4148 Unknown {1F1C2DFC-2D24-3E06-BCB8-725134ADF989}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 - 9.0.30729.6161 Unknown {9BE518E6-ECC6-35A9-88E4-87755C07200F}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x64 - 10.0.40219 13.8 MB {1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86 - 10.0.40219 Unknown {F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Additional Runtime x64 - 11.0.61030 Unknown {37B8F9C7-03FB-3253-8781-2517C99D7C00}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Additional Runtime x86 - 11.0.61030 Unknown {B175520C-86A2-35A7-8619-86DC379688B9}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Minimum Runtime x64 - 11.0.61030 Unknown {CF2BEA3C-26EA-32F8-AA9B-331F7E34BA97}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Minimum Runtime x86 - 11.0.61030 Unknown {BD95A8CD-1D9F-35AD-981A-3E7925026EBB}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x64 - 11.0.61030.0 Unknown {9bd48a22-fe5a-457c-8f10-da6c2be89eee}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86 - 11.0.61030.0 Unknown {a55ac379-46b0-461a-95b1-fef5c08443f2}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Additional Runtime x64 - 12.0.20827 Unknown {42D80340-9DEB-371A-9BF3-E20E98C98F0E}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Additional Runtime x86 - 12.0.20827 Unknown {97D5031E-CCC0-3AA1-ADE7-6E5E7C032DD5}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Minimum Runtime x64 - 12.0.20827 Unknown {5DE73CC7-A84F-30CE-AE15-16381816609D}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Minimum Runtime x86 - 12.0.20827 Unknown {3C21516E-0FDA-3794-B714-B6612BA58BDF}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 RC Redistributable x64 - 12.0.20827.3 Unknown {70fb4cc1-2b0b-48d3-9d4e-114faf9e3fa9}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 RC Redistributable x86 - 12.0.20827 Unknown {e1b3e977-769d-4bab-b5b2-c01e7a10ec82}

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:16 pm

I have had reports that v1.9 crashes on a friend's XP and 2003 system. I'm trying to get verification and better descriptions of the errors, along with verifying if those results were with v1.9 or v1.93.

Cheers and Regards

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

Booted my #2 system > checked atmzzrSystemCheck_v1.93.exe in XP Pro w/SP3, XP Pro x64 w/SP2, Win 7 64bit w/SP1, and Win8.1 64bit - program worked as expected in all four so I must admit that the problems I'm having in XP Pro x64 on #1 system is the fault of that operating system; though I have no idea as to what is causing the problem.

Any help or hints will be greatly appreciated; other than a reinstall - I really am not going to do that.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:32 pm

bphlpt wrote:I have had reports that v1.9 crashes on a friend's XP and 2003 system. I'm trying to get verification and better descriptions of the errors, along with verifying if those results were with v1.9 or v1.93.
It ends up that my friend's errors were with v1.9, (which were this error, by the way):

which ended up with empty fields in the output if you proceeded.

v1.93 worked correctly for him for both XP and 2003, ie NT5.

Cheers and Regards

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:26 pm

@bphlpt that error with 1.90 I reported 6 posts above yours. automizzer fixed it promptly

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Whoops! Sorry. You're right. I didn't realize it was the same error. :)

Cheers and Regards

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:54 am

ChiefZeke - it seems that you have the problem we thought that bphlpt had. Read from this post and try to reset WMI service. It shouldn't be fault of multi os.

bphlpt - I managed to correct the switches mechanism. Now it checks for switches as it should. When unknown switch is used, more than one or log and help it will display help. Also the log switch is not case sensitive so it detects /log lOg loG etc. correctly. Now the WMI/access error can be displayed after the /log switch is used not after the /?.

There is also a limitation: to pass the switches the main window has to be displayed so it will flash when using switches... And there is no way to not show it in the taskbar during /log - the only way is to hide the program permanently (even for main window), but i think it should be in the taskbar.

I added a short description of the app in the help popup.

Now the main window shows immediately after run (it was quite confusing to wait few secs to see it - some may have been wondering will it load and try to run it again) and a message of 'collecting data' is displayed until everything is ready.

I've made a change for Java mismatch event - instead of popup the x86 and x64 versions are displayed in a hint over the Java field with mismatch (just like in the system field). And the thing I forgot earlier - in case of Java mismatch the x86 & x64 versions are listed in the .txt log too.

Again to clear things up I present the new version
v1.98 -> LINK
- improved switches mechanism
- improved java mismatch event
- improved main window loading
- updated help popup

The VC++ runtimes will be the thing I'm going to improve in further versions ;)

I added some info to the first post - new description, notes, tips, new screen, download for v1.98, file details (name, size, md5) and new virustotal scan :)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:37 am

Won't have time to look into this in detail for a few days, but at first glance you seem to have addressed the issues I brought up, if not all of them, at least the most important. Thank You!

Cheers and Regards

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:42 am

I like the color scheme!

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:38 pm

bphlpt - Thank You :)

Kelsenellenelvian - Thanks, it was supposed to not torture the eyes ;) even of those late-night-geeks :rolleyes:

PS. atmzzrSystemCheck still works with Flash 11.9.900.170 and Shockwave 12.0.7.148 (main .exe and also Ricks .msi) 8)

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:18 pm

My problems with running atmzzrSystemCheck_v1.98.exe on XP Pro x64 w/SP2 have been solved. I downloaded Tweaking.com's program tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe (version 2.10) and allowed it fix everything, results follow:

atmzzrSystemCheck: v1.98
Generated: 2013-12-19 13:10:40 (UTC --8)
Computer: CHIEF01
Domain|Workgroup: FLIGHTLINE |
User: CHIEF01\Administrator
(Jerome T. Czeikus)
--------------------------------------------------

---------------System check-----------------------
System: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition(5.2.3790)
Version: Service Pack 2
Type: 64-bit (x64)

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702
Media Player: 11.0.5721.5145
DirectX: 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

Flash ActiveX: 12.0.0.39
Flash Plugin: 12.0.0.39
Shockwave: 12.0.7.148
Silverlight: 5.1.20913.0
Java RE: 8.0.0 (v8u) [x86|x64]

VC++ 2005: 8.0.50727.6195
VC++ 2008: 9.0.30729.6161
VC++ 2010: 10.0.40219.325
VC++ 2012: 11.0.61030
VC++ 2013: 12.0.21005

.NET v1.1: 1.1.4322.2503
.NET v2.0: 2.2.30729
.NET v3.0: 3.2.30729
.NET v3.5: 3.5.30729.01
.NET v4.0 CP: 4.0.30319
.NET v4.0 EX: 4.0.30319
--------------------------------------------------

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:36 pm

Tweaking.com's Windows Repair AIO looks like a neat tool. I'm glad it was able to sort out your issue Chief. I'm curious what it actually corrected that fixed things for you, if it created a log so that you were able to tell. Was it the WMI service or what? Were you having any other little mysterious problems that prompted you to run this app? I only ask in case others might have similar symptoms I could suggest that app as a possible solution.

Cheers and Regards

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 pm

@bphlpt

Log files were created, the one with info on WMI is 200KB in size - looked through it, have no idea what it did - I would think it's too large to post here

skrell

Post by skrell » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:36 am

OMG!! I have been looking for a tool that can do this FOREVER!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

skrell

Post by skrell » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:38 am

Kel when do you plan to add this to your newly fixed CPL pack?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 am

automizzer wrote:I'm glad that output looks good not only for me.

Yes, data output was a VBScript MessageBox so I couldn't add buttons and also there were some problems with alignment - but not any more 8)

There is a new v1.9 [beta] -> LINK - rewrited to be .hta based .exe - Screen

At first I thought I won't be able to do that because I never coded any hta but it seems it's not that difficult :rolleyes:

Changes since previous version:
- Wraped into a GUI - due to rewriting to .hta;
- Added 'Save as a .txt file to your desktop' button with notification after it's saved. Also added 'Close' button;
- Improved Shockwave check - now it checks the static key, search for the GUID key and compare versions if needed.
Such a big change would be good for 2.0 version so after cosmetic changes (this is the first GUI but I think there's quite nothing to change - it's clear/ readable) and if it would work as it should i will update the first post with this as final 2.0 :)

Didn't test it on W8.1 by myself, maybe in some more free time at the end of the month/year

Thanks bphlpt for suggestions and support ;)
At v2

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:18 am

ChiefZeke - good news from you :) maybe you could upload the log somewhere, I'm just curious.
skrell - You're welcome and thank you ;)

I've tried to write something recently and it's a horror to make 32bit app work properly on 64bit system if you want to read from registry or system files due to all these redirections of Wow6432Node or SysWOW64 :?
But I think I managed to bypass the file system redirections so there is a new Java and VC++ identification for x86 and x64 with mismatch events (and it checks for main files which are updated every new install so they are supposed to be the latest). And now it should collect data faster because there is no need to search the registry. For the same reason I coded new Shockwave identification. Funny fact is that the Java detection for x64 worked for .vbs but not after .hta rewriting but we didn't noticed that. I've also added a question mark for help on the right-top which displays the help popup of "/?" in case if someone didn't read the first post that "/log" switch is available.

So here is the v2.0RC -> LINK and changes:
- New Java identification
- New VC++ runtimes identification (with separate x86 and x64 check and comparision like Java)
- New Shockwave identification
- Added mismatch event to the .txt log for VC++
- Added error event if system type/architecture is unknown
- Added a small question mark on the right-top for help popup
- Cosmetic improvement of .txt log time zone display (for UTC- the "-" was doubled)
- Faster data collecting due to new identification methods

If this wouldn't work for x64 XP/2003 users - they may need to install this hotfix -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942589

Oh, and it's a good opportunity to thank you guys again for your support and wish you Merry Christmas (for those who celebrate it) and a good time Image Cheers

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:09 am

Thanks, automizzer. Seems to work as intended. :)

Those using the XPx64 update pack should have no issues. It includes KB978334 which supersedes KB942589.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45 am

nice job and now MUCH faster at startup

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:17 am

Looks good!

And a very Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Cheers and Regards

mooms

Post by mooms » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Hello automizzer, your little program works well !
Are you OK with redistribution ?
I'm thinking of adding it in my collection of portable apps.

ianymaty

Post by ianymaty » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Thank you, automizzer.

Merry Christmas to all.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:14 pm

@automizzer - using 7z the file was compressed to a size of 7,842 - easier to send as an e-mail attachment - tell me where - using PM is fine.

automizzer

Post by automizzer » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:33 am

Couldn't wait any longer to release the v2.0 so the RC is now final!
Updated the first post and you can get it from here :D

5eraph - thanks for the tip about KB978334 - I've added info about it to the first post.

user_hidden - was hoping to hear this from you

bphlpt - thank you ;)

mooms - yes I don't mind it, however a credit about author or link to this thread would be nice :P

ianymaty - thank you :)

ChiefZeke - ok, PM with e-mail sent 8)

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Just downloaded and ran 2.0 on Win7 Ultimate w/SP1 - looked good.

skrell

Post by skrell » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:36 pm

1. Thanks again SO much for this automizzer!!
2. This works perfectly on my "real" XP SP3 install but when i make a fresh XP in virtualbox using the addon Ricks-YumeYao_MicrosoftVC7891012RuntimeLibraries_Addon_2_2_3.7z it seems to miss the 2010 and 2005 runtimes? Any ideas?

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:06 pm

That addon only copies the files (system32, winsxs, etc.) No reg entries are created

Use the mixed addon if you want this

skrell

Post by skrell » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:17 pm

thank you for the tip ricktendo! :)