XP Reactivation Without Going Online_Advanced Token Manager

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
lapetite66

XP Reactivation Without Going Online_Advanced Token Manager

Post by lapetite66 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi:

In the past I have had to reformat my drive due to various reasons; hardware and virus issues alike. One of annoying issues of doing a reformat is the activation.

A few days ago I was wondering and worrying about whether or not if or when I ever had to reformat my harddrive, would I still have access to the various XP updates and I found out that I those updates would still be available.

I also came across some discussion about how one could re-activate/activate one's computer without having to do it via the internet. The process involved a piece of software called "Advanced Token Manager". This piece of software finds the activation tokens for your XP Windows as well as Office. The problem is that there isn't a version for Windows XP. Well, actually there was a version for Windows XP but I can't find it. There was supposed to be a stable version called 3.2 but when I do a search it ends up being a scam and I get directed to some malicious website.

Windows 7 Location of Tokens.dat file

The activation tokens file for Windows 7is typically located at:
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat.

The activation tokens file for Office is typically located at:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat.

Does anyone here know anything about this software or have this software? Is there a manual way to find the tokens on Windows XP and if so can someone please tell me how to do it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Do unto others...then run. :)

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Advanced Token Manager does NOT apply to Windows XP.

for information on it here is my friend the author's website:
http://joshcellsoftwares.com/products/a ... nsmanager/

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:33 pm

And I checked older versions of his site in the wayback machine. Though I couldn't find a specific reference to "v3.2", I checked back to June 6, 2013, the oldest copy they had, and no Windows OS was listed in Backup Compatibility before Vista. There is just no reference I can find that XP was ever supported.

Cheers and Regards

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 am

where the confusion is .... perhaps it runs under Windows XP just to backup Office 2010 ?
but it will NOT backup WinXP activation.

lapetite66

Token Manager

Post by lapetite66 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi:

User-Hidden and bphlpt, thank you both for responding to my post.

User-hidden you are quite correct it does not apply to Windows XP OS.

In my defense it was a post by Josh Cell that threw me off. It was post #268 by Josh Cell on the following link http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... ion/page27
Josh Cell_30 Aug 2011, 03:15

v2.6 version is working fine on Windows XP

Granted that was 2011 but that is what made me think that there was a working Token Manager for Windows XP. It really sucks that there isn't a similar piece of software for Windows XP. It's a real pain having to re-activate every time I have to reformat my HD.
Do unto others...then run. :)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:06 pm

I would suggest trying to either PM Josh or post a question in that thread and ask for clarification, because you are right, that does seem to indicate that there was an older version, (v2.6 and not v3.2), that might have worked on XP at one time. I'm sure it would be handy if there was. Please respond back here if you are able to get any more info on the matter.

NOTE: It might have only applied to Office 2010 on XP.

I found a copy of an old changelog that indicates that it did used to RUN on XP (v2.6 was the last version) but no confirmation either way as to what it actually DID on XP:
v2.7 [2011/08/29]

- Removed Windows XP support, it Works only on based 6.0 / 6.1 Windows kernel

v2.4 [2011/08/18]

- Solved problems with Windows XP non-english languages extracting variables on the system
Cheers and Regards