Struggeling to find Windows 7 LocalPack Dutch [SUCCESS]

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Yermato

Struggeling to find Windows 7 LocalPack Dutch [SUCCESS]

Post by Yermato » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello good people,

I am making myself a new Windows 7 image with Updates and my *Touch*, but lately also needed a Dutch language pack in it.
So i went ahead and integrated a Dutch Lang on in a English image, but found the themes, favorites and such related to Dutch where missing.

Of course me being a perfectionist and wanting a almost perfect image did not tolorate this and went in detective mode to find out why it was missing and how to add them.
Found those things are stored on a package called Microsoft-Windows-LocalPack-$(LANG)-Package.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 10%29.aspx

Well of course i went ahead and tried finding out if there is any release of it somewhere available like there is with the Language packs, but it seems as if there is no package anywhere findable...
Sooo, could anyone perhaps point me where i can find the Local-Pack for Dutch?
Is it perhaps possible to extract it from the Dutch Wim image it is installed on?

Of course i know this package is useless. But i dislike making everything pefect "Except" taking something out people may be using for the sake of making my life easier.

Thanks in advance ^^
Last edited by Yermato on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Here is direct link for Windows 7 SP1u Dutch x86 Professional RETAIL.
note: you will require your installation key to activate

2147483647 X17-24278.iso Windows 7 Professional x86 Dutch
Last edited by user_hidden on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yermato

Post by Yermato » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:10 pm

user_hidden wrote:Here is direct link for Windows 7 SP1u Dutch x86 Professional RETAIL.
note: you will require your installation key to activate

2147483647 X17-24278.iso Windows 7 Professional x86 Dutch
Oh, that's nice of you, but i do not need a installation image.

I already have the Dutch and English Windows 7 image with Refresh Update, remastered by 'Moah'.
I am actually combining the English and Dutch images by installing the Language pack in the Wim via Dism so i do not need to carry on my USB 4 different Windows ISO's (nl-64_32 and en-64_32) of each 3-4GB.

What i need (well.. want) is the Local Pack which i will intstall in the Wim Image.
The reason i asked for the Dutch package is cause the English image contains 5 Local-Pack's while the Dutch only contains 1. Easier to get myself a Dutch pack don't you say?
Visit this link for reference https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 10%29.aspx

I hope that clears it up ^^.
PS: Don't wory, i do not ilegally activate Windows installations, i am totally clean.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Yermato

Post by Yermato » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Thanks, unfortunantly that is a Language Pack and not a Local Pack, have you already read the Technet page in my message?

Here is a piece of what Microsoft says about Local Pack's:
Local Packs provide a customized Windows® 7 installation for a specific region. Windows Internet Explorer® Favorites, RSS feeds, and other items are updated when the Local Pack is activated to include resources specific to the region. For example, adding and enabling a Local Pack for the United States will add a "Web sites for United States" directory to the end user's Favorites folder in Internet Explorer.

Available Windows themes, Internet Explorer Favorites, and RSS feeds may be updated when the Local Pack is activated on an end user’s computer. For example, adding and enabling a Local Pack for the United States will add a market-customized theme for the US to the end user’s Personalization control panel and a "Web sites for United States" directory will be added to the end user's Favorites folder in Internet Explorer.

What are Local Packs?

Local Packs customize the following elements:

Market-Customized Themes. The market-customized themes are specific for a particular region and include wallpapers, sound schemes, and aero glass colors.

Local IE Favorites. A Local Pack may contain a number of links to public-sector Web sites or Microsoft Web sites for the region.

Local RSS Feeds. A Local Pack may contain a number of local RSS feeds for the region.

Many installations of Windows 7 already include a Local Pack. Local Packs consist of a single cabinet (.cab) file per region that contains local content elements. The content packages are language-neutral, standalone packages that can be added or removed to both online and offline Windows images using standard Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) commands.
I already got my Language Pack from http://www.pcdiy.com/146/windows-7-serv ... s-download .
This page contains a list of all Language packs and Arch's of windows 7 Sp1 released on Microsoft Update.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 am

@Yermato, You should probably send a PM to Atari800xl, who is the most active Dutch member I'm aware of, to get his attention. I've mainly seen him posting here and at MSFN regarding XP, so I'm not positive he also makes Dutch Win7 builds, but I think he does. Anyway, once you get his attention, please encourage him to carry on the conversation here in this thread for the benefit of all members who might need the info.

Cheers and Regards

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:08 am

Nice one, bphlpt!
Yes, I do make updated install media for "all" Windows versions: w98, xp, w7, w8.1, w10tp.
But I think Yermato has his own special demands, I'm not sure I can help him.
My method is this: Make updated install media for fully unattended (but clean!) install (using WinNTSetup, everything on one Win8PESE usb). Then after this clean install, use PostInstall for settings, tweaks, utilities, applications, etc. PostInstall checks which OS it's working on, which PC, which profile, etc.
I use localized OS versions, no language pack, no localpacks. I will try to help anywhere I can, but this is just the way I do it.

ianymaty

Post by ianymaty » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:02 am

I can't give you more but if you are clever enough you can get them.

7127.0.090507-1820_x64fre_client_localpacks-GRMCLPCKXFRE_DVD 1a9b039c
7127.0.090507-1820_x86fre_client_localpacks-GRMCLPCKFRE_DVD 8639b9e3

Yermato

Post by Yermato » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:55 am

ianymaty wrote:I can't give you more but if you are clever enough you can get them.
7127.0.090507-1820_x64fre_client_localpacks-GRMCLPCKXFRE_DVD 1a9b039c
7127.0.090507-1820_x86fre_client_localpacks-GRMCLPCKFRE_DVD 8639b9e3
Thanks fellow, i have found the Sha1 sum of the file and then went ahead and searched up that iso, seems almost all 'download' links are dead 4 years ago.
But after 1 hour of detective work i found it on some shady place, can not say where(DCMA, etc).
Though I could try say it in secret: You can find it near the sea, 'brein' hates them, part of the name is 'MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 LOCALPACK WITH SP1 20 LANGUAGES' and the pack it is in is total 72.37 MB.

For the other guys, this iso contains 20 local packs in cab format ready to be installed to windows.
The sha1 for the 64 = 5e1fbf16cd6515ed8a2b7cedb289a463e266ec33
The sha1 for the 32 = ce8741879d6fc5e5c5fee241a148e968ede793ca
Atari800xl wrote:Nice one, bphlpt!
Yes, I do make updated install media for "all" Windows versions: w98, xp, w7, w8.1, w10tp.
But I think Yermato has his own special demands, I'm not sure I can help him.
My method is this: Make updated install media for fully unattended (but clean!) install (using WinNTSetup, everything on one Win8PESE usb). Then after this clean install, use PostInstall for settings, tweaks, utilities, applications, etc. PostInstall checks which OS it's working on, which PC, which profile, etc.
I use localized OS versions, no language pack, no localpacks. I will try to help anywhere I can, but this is just the way I do it.
It is not really special, just wanting to make a complete image, without ignoring the localpacks (themes, rss, etc), else it wouldn't be complete, right?
I usually use a clean build as base, import current updates to all 4 or 5 installs on the wim image.
Then i copy my Runonce script and folder to the root, which will when run display a cmd for 5 sec to ask if you want a clean or tweaked install before continuing.
Then i compress at max, remove useless setup junk, generate iso and there i go, done ^^.

But carrying 2 different localized Windows versions is annoying, each being almost 3-4GB.
So i am gonna make myself a EN-NL localized image for my 32Gb Usb.
Just hope it will fit on a DVD5 though....

For people who want my Runonce setup: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=278 ... 8917593434

It will install:
  • 7zip
  • Akelpad (Superior Notepad replacement)
  • Dotnet 4.5.2
  • Directx (Using Dxcb by bphlpt)
  • unchecky
  • Visual Redist.
It will also tweak some settings, all of these will also be applied to the default user account so every new account gets those settings.
  • It will disable java adware, plugin and SSL3.
  • Set Libreoffice files as doc, xls and other Office understandable formats.
  • Set search and home as Google and add Privacylist easylist to IE.
  • Disable SSL3 cause of 'POODLE'.
  • Add a shortcut in starter pointing to a page for a personalizaton panel, cause starter does not allow change background.
  • 7zip as default archive manager.
  • Speed up Windhoos.
  • Disable Sticky keys.
  • Set WIndows Update to install on wednesday on 18:00 and set 'NoAUAsDefaultShutdownOption' to enabled.
  • Disable Reboot on BSOD.
After its done it will cleanup.

Anything i forgot ^^?

Anyway, thanks guys.
Last edited by Yermato on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ianymaty

Post by ianymaty » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:59 am

I didn't try this process myself (I only need Ultimate) but there is a way to speed up the process of updating all the images.
You can use the following edition-servicing options on an offline image to list editions or to change a Windows image to a higher edition:

DISM.exe /Image:<path_to_ image_directory> [/Get-CurrentEdition | /Get-TargetEditions |/Set-Edition | /Set-ProductKey]
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744380

Yermato

Post by Yermato » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:10 pm

ianymaty wrote:I didn't try this process myself (I only need Ultimate) but there is a way to speed up the process of updating all the images.
You can use the following edition-servicing options on an offline image to list editions or to change a Windows image to a higher edition:

DISM.exe /Image:<path_to_ image_directory> [/Get-CurrentEdition | /Get-TargetEditions |/Set-Edition | /Set-ProductKey]
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744380
Please make a own thread for this ^^.

Anyway, what about updating only the lowest edition image, then make copies of it and change the SKU of every copy.
Still, i am not sure if this method can create implications, like packages missing in higher SKU's, so be careful.

https://www.ntlite.com/forum/discussion ... all-in-one

ianymaty

Post by ianymaty » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:54 am

I don't want to make a thread for this, just give you some hints.

As Microsoft give the tools and clearly state it can be done, I'm pretty sure should be no problem.

Yes , you only need to update the lowest SKU then export as many higher SKUs needed. All updates can be integrated and they are stored / staged for Anytime Upgrade, if needed.

You can't do the other way, like update the Ultimate and export to lower SKU.
You cannot set a Windows image to a lower edition. The lowest edition will not appear when you run the /Get-TargetEditions option.

Yermato

Post by Yermato » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:51 am

ianymaty wrote:I don't want to make a thread for this, just give you some hints.

As Microsoft give the tools and clearly state it can be done, I'm pretty sure should be no problem.

Yes , you only need to update the lowest SKU then export as many higher SKUs needed. All updates can be integrated and they are stored / staged for Anytime Upgrade, if needed.

You can't do the other way, like update the Ultimate and export to lower SKU.
You cannot set a Windows image to a lower edition. The lowest edition will not appear when you run the /Get-TargetEditions option.
Ah, yes sorry about that, I intepreted it as a question on how to speed up remastering the images.
Yes, it is a good way to do the job.
As i read, all Sku's are practically almost the same, but their modules are activated based on which Edition you install.

When the wim is done, i usually remove all upgrade junk and leave only boot.wim, install.wim, setup.exe in the sources folder and the essential files for booting, this saves 213 MB of space.
Of course Anytime Upgrade is impossible then, but i never do upgrades, I only do clean installs.

ianymaty

Post by ianymaty » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 am

OK, we're good.

I mentioned Anytime Upgrade to make clear that all the components are already there from the begining in all the editions just waiting to be installed.

As I'm sure you already know the difference from the ISOs is only the ei.cfg file that force the edition. Removing the ei.cfg file will unlock all the editions so this process of export and set edition is quicker than updating all the images in a row.

Me too, do only clean installs, no upgrades but I don't remove any files from the install source other than the ei.cfg.