Anyone with Server 2003?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Anyone with Server 2003?

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:21 pm

I was wondering if someone who has Windows Server 2003 wouldn't mind passing me a couple files, the ones in particular that I'm looking for are reg.exe and sc.exe. TIA

EDIT: Or if you happen to have the rktools package that contains the alternatives to these files, I'll gladly take that instead...

~DisabledTrucker~
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Acheron

Post by Acheron » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:03 pm

DisabledTrucker. Most files from Windows Server 2003 are based on code taken from older Windows OS. Most likely the only changes made are version numbering, or maybe Microsoft added some functionality only supported by Windows Server Releases.

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:00 pm

I have server 2003 std edition, if you still want those files, pm me with your email addy. :)

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:36 pm

Thanks but my email addy's wont accept files in any way you can send them, be best if you used Yahoo or placed them somewhere like Rapidshare or the like...

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:43 pm

From the Resource Kit, which is for XP Pro and 2003 both:
Former Resource Kit Tools Now Included in the Support Tools or Operating System

A number of tools that shipped in previous versions of the Windows Resource Kits are now included in the Windows Support Tools or in the Windows Server 2003 operating system.

Operating System

The following former Windows Resource Kit Tools are now included in the Windows Server 2003 operating system. For more information about these tools, in Help and Support Center, click Tools, and then click Command-line reference A-Z.
Tool Description
Regback.exe: Registry Backup Backs up all or part of the registry. This functionality is now included in Reg.exe.
Regdmp.exe: Dumps all or part of the registry to standard output. This functionality is now included in Reg.exe.
Regfind.exe: Searches and optionally replaces registry data. This functionality is now included in Reg.exe.
Regrest.exe: Registry Restoration Restores all or part of the registry. This functionality is now included in Reg.exe.
Sc.exe: Service Controller Tool Retrieves information about services from Service Controller.
User State Migration Tool Helps migrate a user's documents and settings (state) before an operating system migration.
The problem is those files aren't in the XP operating system and they stopped including them in the RKTOOLS pack anymore and I don't have my older copy which still had them in it, they worked just fine with XP Pro too...

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:44 pm

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:47 pm

Thank you Mrs. Peel

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:57 pm

Hmm, it seems that I may not of needed these files after all, not sure what the main differences are between them, although with the one in XP I don't see the Reg Find or Reg Dump in the Reg.exe file, but I'm sure it's got to have basically the same functionality there somehow... There is a file size/date difference between them though too, wonder if that's because the XP version doesn't contain those two functions or not?

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Thanks Mrs Peel... :)

FooMan

Do you still need?

Post by FooMan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:10 pm

Trucker i have a FTP up that has Server 2003 enterprise iso on it if you need it i will set you up with an account.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:35 pm

No I don't that's okay, I was just looking for those two files to attempt to do something but apparently the files in XP are a tad different and those won't work well with XP as I rudely found out last night... :lol: Anyways, what I'm looking for now is the visual styles from Vista if anyone can help me obtain those I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to create a skin and I want it to look like Vista, but I don't have a beta to work from so I'm kinda stuck unless someone would kindly pass me the files so I can take a peek into them and see what it actually looks like.

Of course if someone is done with their copy of Vista, and no longer wants to beta for it, I'd really love to be able to take over for them... ;)