Problems with Windows XP license key

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Adriantm

Post by Adriantm » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:42 pm

Edited by RyanVM: Are you kidding me? This is not a warez forum :rolleyes:

One more request like that and you'll find yourself unable to post here anymore.

Adriantm

Post by Adriantm » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by Adriantm on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:52 pm

More likely is that you're using a warez key and that Windows Genuine Advantage (rightfully) pitches a fit about it. That's not an error. That's exactly what's supposed to happen when WGA detects an invalid key.

I won't delete your account, but I can say that you won't be missed if you don't post here anymore if that's all you have to say.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Adriantm

Post by Adriantm » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm

ok [b]RyanVM[/b] , but this key works all the time , and now it stops...that key was from the original xp cd (sp1 i integrate sp2 later on my hdd), thanks anyway.Sorry but i was very .....

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:01 pm

Adriantm wrote:ok RyanVM , but this key works all the time , and now it stops...that key was from the original xp cd (sp1 i integrate sp2 later on my hdd), thanks anyway.Sorry but i was very .....
If you have a legitimate key and Windows Genuine Advantage is telling you that it isn't, you should report that to Microsoft directly. If what you're saying is the truth, they'll be able to help you get a new working key.
Last edited by RyanVM on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adriantm

Post by Adriantm » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:05 pm

Thanks but like i said ,this key works for the original CD, but after i integrate this to the windows, it stops...

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:10 pm

Adriantm wrote:Thanks but like i said ,this key works for the original CD, but after i integrate this to the windows, it stops...
There's nothing in Xable's pack which would break it, short of Windows Genuine Advantage. I'll say it one last time, if your copy of XP was purchased legitimately, contact MS at (800) RU-LEGIT to figure out why it doesn't like your key.
Last edited by RyanVM on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adriantm

Post by Adriantm » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:20 pm

ok i will what i can do, please delete my posts , and i know that this is not from Xbale pack , Your forum is my favorite i visit it every day. All your and the others addons are great, i register today becouse i wanted to ask what to do , and thanks

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:25 pm

Adriantm wrote:ok i will what i can do, please delete my posts , and i know that this is not from Xbale pack , Your forum is my favorite i visit it every day. All your and the others addons are great, i register today becouse i wanted to ask what to do , and thanks
I'd prefer the keep your posts so that they can hopefully help any others in the future who run into similar problems. The purpose of Windows Genuine Advantage is to identify computers running invalid license keys. This can be a problem even for honest users who purchased what they thought was a real license if the place they purchased it from wasn't legit. In the cases of honest customers being duped, Microsoft has been very helpful in providing the users with legitimate keys in exchange for reporting where they bought their illegal copy of XP from in order to shut them down.

EDIT: That being said, I will be splitting these posts off into a seperate thread to keep Xable's thread clean.

Xable

Post by Xable » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:49 pm

oowh looks like i missed all the fun here.. :lol:

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:52 pm

there was a wga addon once that didnt work with none of the office xp corp keys in my grandads office, but it turns out that the dll was a warez dll fake, so i replaced all the wga dlls with genuine dll downloading and regestering the real authentic dll for wga from microsoft and that fixed the problem, only two late to find out that the fake dll stole the keys from the machines that were connected to the internet and posted them on a warez site. we had to buy 5 extra liscenses because of that problem.

so here is the solution, if you own xp dont use crack wga, why? because you dont have to you own your key.

--note, this wga dll was NOT downloaded from ryans forums, just saying this before widespread panic is caused. :D
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

Xable

Post by Xable » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:54 am

Damn dgelwin.. robin bastards.

And for the record there never has been and never will be a hacked wga in my UDP.