Shutting this down

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
dencorso

Re: Shutting this down

Post by dencorso » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:55 am

RyanVM wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm
I plan to close new registrations effective immediately and will likely set this to read-only around the end of April or early May.
Closing registrations sure is the way to go. However, it should suffice, do you think there are so many spammers already registered that the mods cannot just ban them after registrations are clossed? I don't think so. In any case, one can aiways cull all zero-posters registered during the latest 5 years from the members database, which should catch any dormant cryptospammers lurking there. I think the current legitmate post frequency is so low that making the forums read-only would hardly change anything, once registrations are closed. Am I wrong? :?:

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 am

I agree, Den. I hope Ryan takes this approach. Admittedly, there is not much activity here these days, but I would hope that the ability to continue to post about existing projects and/or post questions and answers for those having issues will remain.

Cheers and Regards

spawn

Post by spawn » Thu May 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Having a schedule for registration at times of the year would stop death

dencorso

Post by dencorso » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:08 am

There's no need for that. Anyone really interested in joining can reach several of us on other forums an ask for a referral, and we can then forward the request to 5eraph or someone else here. This should filter out any new spammers, IMO.

leviathan

Post by leviathan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm

I will echo the sentiment that it stinks to have to move down this path, but it is likely the best way forward. Shutting down registrations is best but there are a few of us around that remember the old days!
Manual integration is the only right type of integration!

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 am

I value being able to post here because it enables me to provide updates and new features to projects that appear to have been abandoned by their originators. I don't suppose anyone minds me continuing their work because they appear to have lost interest in the forum judging by how long it is since they last posted. user_hidden, for instance, last posted on 04 March 2018, and 5ereph last posted on 14 November 2019 in this thread.

My next project is to complete Dibya's Extended XP :Lets patch XP for newer apps which should be challenging because I do not know the first thing about programming.
XP FOREVER!

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:11 pm

I wont mind acting as moderator and i guess Zephyr wont mind it too.

Zephyr wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 am
I value being able to post here because it enables me to provide updates and new features to projects that appear to have been abandoned by their originators. I don't suppose anyone minds me continuing their work because they appear to have lost interest in the forum judging by how long it is since they last posted. user_hidden, for instance, last posted on 04 March 2018, and 5ereph last posted on 14 November 2019 in this thread.

My next project is to complete Dibya's Extended XP :Lets patch XP for newer apps which should be challenging because I do not know the first thing about programming.
Its never late to learn programming. Believe me its easy.