Theme addon makers please read!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

Theme addon makers please read!

Post by Siginet » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:40 pm

With 1.3 and later of the integrator it is no longer needed to add uxtheme.dll in your theme addons.

Please download one of my updated themepacks and look at the new [HexEdit] section of the entries file.

Add that section to your existing theme addons and delete uxtheme.dll from your addons.

Thx!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:01 am

Alternatively, you can also point would be downloaders to include the UXTHEME PatchAddon, this way you won't have to scramble (or hear people requesting) that you update your theme because a new version of the file was released on Patch Tuesday. I'm more than happy to make that task _my_ personal headache and while misery may love company, I'm a jealeous and selfish bastard and I plan on keeping misery all to myself. :lol:

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:07 am

Thanks Signet. Having the integrator handle simple hex edits is a fantastic feature.
Zacam wrote:Alternatively, you can also point would be downloaders to include the UXTHEME PatchAddon
huh... alternatively, you could READ signets post and understand there is no longer a need for a separately patched file or addon to patch it. The Integrator now patches it.

shark

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:27 pm

Zacam is making a good point. Zacams uxtheme patch uses the new tecnique as well. Basically what I do is copy the HexEdit section from his patch and add it to all of the theme patches. But if a new uxtheme.dll is released then all theme addons have to be updated. Whereas if everyone used the uxtheme patch Zacam made then when he updates the uxtheme file we wouldn't have to update all of our themepacks.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:12 pm

@Shark007: I _did_ read the post. However, I also understand quite well HOW the integrator does the patching and it DOES need an addon to do so. The integrator simply has the ability to use a far more superior addon that doesn't have to include pre-patched files, just instructions for how to patch a file based on supplied information.

But I guess that was alternative information you didn't read in the release thread for system file patching where I remade them all to be 1.3.0 compliant.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:17 pm

Zacam wrote:@Shark007: I _did_ read the post. However, I also understand quite well HOW the integrator does the patching and it DOES need an addon to do so.
oh sorry, i thought hex editting uxtheme.dll was enuf to allow unsigned themes to be used since i've been doing this for several years. I didnt realize you needed an addon to do this for you.

shark

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:21 pm

uxtheme.dll hex will so often change
so theme makers can add a link to one or more update source in their post like the one that can b found here and forget about the hexing stuff

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:04 am

I want all theme addons to have the hexedit section in the entries files and delete uxtheme.dl_ from the addon. That way no matter what a persons uxtheme will get patched. If a new version of the uxtheme comes out then Zacam will update his addon asap. Then later the theme addons will be updated. So the best bet is to allways have the latest uxtheme patch from Zacam... but the theme addons should also contain the same code. The integrator will notice the duplicate uxtheme patches but will only install the oneneeded once.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:36 am

Sorry I just seen this today, I'll work on updating mine as soon as I get a chance, too much on my plate for now. I don't think I'm still including it but if I do and you want to use it, just open the cab find the file, delete it, recab it back, until I get around to redoing it again and make sure you use the uxtheme hex mentioned here above.
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Lumina

Post by Lumina » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:06 am

I prefer leave out the patch and tell people to download zacams, seeing as how if the file is updated so is his patch, plus rebuilding and reluploading addons are a headacke when you have office security such as i do. :(
cant think of anything to put.