Slimming down Nero version 6.xx

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
superleiw

Slimming down Nero version 6.xx

Post by superleiw » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:34 am

Hi

With Installshield you can remove components you don-t need from Nero 7

is there also a method to do that for Nero 6 ? (I mean from the installer, not when installed from the harddisk)
I-m asking because, I don-t need anything apart from the main burning program, all other things are useless to me

setup is launched from setupx.exe (it has a configuration file, although it's not readable)

If any could help me here or should I just give up?
Thanks anyway

pupil

Post by pupil » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:39 am

yep, check out Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB) on the MSFN boards.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=44603
Bardo Thodol dotnet
www.bardothodol.net

SHO_GuN

Post by SHO_GuN » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:40 am

I fooled with Nero 7 of various versions for many hours .... I made a custom installer to just install Nero Burning ROM for a couple of them, though I haven't fooled with the last couple of versions.

The resulting install was around twice as large as a customized Nero 6 install and I had more than one issues with Nero 7.

In the end, I reverted back to Nero 6 using N.C.A.B. that pupil references above - its is a very good application.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:46 am

I too won't stop using Nero 6 until they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

superleiw

Post by superleiw » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:50 am

pupil wrote:yep, check out Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB) on the MSFN boards.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=44603

Thank you, excellent

and yes, Nero 6 is stable and very good
I'd rather wait for Nero 8 than try v7 someday again

corpseslayer

Post by corpseslayer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:49 am

Its funny you say that guys. As a ex MS OEM I was always partial to installing beta & new release software and never had any issues with Nero 7. Between my XP trial cd's and my linux distros (I hand them out in work :) ) I burn maybe 100 disks a month and i get maybe 1 bad burn every 3 months? And i would always put that down to defective dye on the disk.

I ALWAYS use Go-5 RiTek Dye. I think thats the key because when i had my Pioneer x2 it cost me as much on failed burns as it did for the drive till i discovered RiTek. I've had NEC, matsushita, Matsui, Philips, Lite-on and TDK drivers since with the absolute minimal of coasters.......

Its weird how may people diss Nero 7..... It's something i can't relate to....
"The strong survive, we will survive, f**k all the enemies we have got" - Ian Stuart
"Use you illusions let them take you where they may till you live and learn sometimes it's best to walk away" - W. Axl Rose
"Democracy is the illusion of equality. While one man is rich and another is poor there is no equality" - Adolf Hitler