Windows XP COA??

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Maxwel
Go Blue!

Windows XP COA??

Post by Maxwel » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:59 pm

As of a few months ago, you could get a XP COA for ~$79. No media, just the sticker. I can't find them any more. Does anyone know why? How are people getting their COAs which will work with XP installs modifed as described in this forum?

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:07 pm

I have no idea on the first part of your question. Regarding the second part, nothing my pack does should have any affect on the licensing on the CD whatsoever. So if the COA worked before the pack was integrated, there's no reason it wouldn't work afterwards.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:43 pm

Yeah, ryan's pack is the same as going to windows update. It wont affect the licencing :)

Hillbillie

Post by Hillbillie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:01 pm

As a system builder, the emails I have received from Microsoft, they only sell Software with attached COA's attached to them. This doesnt include volume licensing, etc.

If I were you I would not by COA's without the CD. There are lots of counterfeits going around. You can get Win XP home for around $85 and pro for over $125

XIII

Post by XIII » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:11 am

The Dutch magazine "Computer Idee" featured an article this week in which a Microsoft employee explains that a CAO is NOT a complete license. You'll need media and a proof of purchase as well.
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!