WGA NOT on Microsoft Update anymore?!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
pupil

WGA NOT on Microsoft Update anymore?!

Post by pupil » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:26 pm

Is it just me or is the Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474) not on Windows/Microsoft Update anymore. I don't see it and I checked that it wasn't just because I had it hidden before. Have Microsoft given in and removed this from the critical updates? I hope so!
Bardo Thodol dotnet
www.bardothodol.net

techtype

Post by techtype » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:38 pm

They had a major highly embarrassing issue with it. A couple of very large VLK customers suddenly started getting the not-genuine message on almost all their computers. It was a huge mess to fix and during the upheaval, WGA notifications was removed from Microsoft Update for obvious reasons. I do not miss it as it gave me fits on my wife's computer and Microsoft never could figure out why.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:38 pm

Yeah, it's been like that for awhile.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

corpseslayer

Post by corpseslayer » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:23 am

WGA is back with a vengence
"The strong survive, we will survive, f**k all the enemies we have got" - Ian Stuart
"Use you illusions let them take you where they may till you live and learn sometimes it's best to walk away" - W. Axl Rose
"Democracy is the illusion of equality. While one man is rich and another is poor there is no equality" - Adolf Hitler