[Release] RVM Integrator v1.5 Public Beta

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

[Release] RVM Integrator v1.5 Public Beta

Post by Siginet » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:32 am

I am finally releasing v1.5 to the public. It is still a beta... but it is on the borderline of a Release Candidate. It seems pretty rock solid... but I would like some more testing before I make a RC.

Everyone is welcome to check out the Beta release thread that I have been working on for quite some time. I moved it into the public area of the forums here:
http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142

some of the great new features are:
1. Recompression Plugin... which allows you to recompress your updatepacks/addons to help with the speed of your integrations by pre-compressing files. It is useful if you do many integrations.
2. Add Switchless installers as addons by simply selecting the exe file. It will automatically place your switchless installer into svcpack and svcpack.inf.
3. txtsetup.sif optimization. It Alphabetizes some of the areas of txtsetup.sif to help with speed when installing windows.
4. All of the bugs with spaces and symbols in paths should be fixed now.
5. My latest an favorite addition is the new Driver.cab cacheing! Now for those of you that do many integrations you can use cacheing of driver.cab. It will do a regular driver.cab recompression and copy the driver.cab files for later use. Next time you do an integration with the same OS edition (IE: Home or Pro) plus the same UpdatePack and version... then the integrator will simply copy the driver.cab file to your destination instead of recompressing it again. This is the lengthiest portion of integrations... so cacheing it is awesome!
5. Now some sections of your entries files can use a special variable: @PLUGINS which will reffer to the integrators "Plugins" directory. This is useful if you want to use external files during your integrations, copy, move files to and from the Plugins directory and so on.
6. You can now do updates for the WPI plugin...
7. much more new stuff...

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!! There was soooooo much work put into this one. This is by far the biggest update the integrator has ever gotten. v1.5 has been re-written 3 times. All of the core code structure has been re-written over and over and tested for a very long time.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:58 am

appreciate!
driver.cab cacheing sounds cool!
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:15 am

Siginet and N7Epilson your tools are amazing

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:46 am

@Siginet- will 1.5 beta integrate ryan's dotnetaio.exe addon properly? i know there were issues with the web client service, but if i disable that, would .net 1.1 and 3.0 get installed?

also, i really like the way 1.5 directly handles switchless installer exe's. great work!

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:16 pm

n7Epsilon wrote:I have created a modifype replacement (PEChecksum) based on source code I found.
It works on Windows Vista and I have personally tested it.
Supports x86 and x64 executables (but not tested on x64).

If you want to use it in the integrator feel free to use it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/53127929/PE ... m.exe.html
(PE Checksum version 1.0, written on C, has no dependencies)

Exit Code (errorlevel):
2 - Usage error
1 - Failed due to an error (error message written to console)
0 - Success
as long as there is a way it can detect if a file has previously had the pe-checksum applied and will skip modifying if it has. Because a lot of the patch addons have been modified to work with the pe headers in the patch addons now.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:34 am

omg, thank you very much.

And again, thank you for your hard work.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 pm

Sig, any way of swizzling the download link so we don't have to register with Yet Another Forum?

Or, as part of a larger 'solution', try to sync up user names/registrations between ryanvm, wincert, and your forums.

<<just trying to keep my head wrapped around all the places I'm registered at>>

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:04 am

When it goes public it will be available without the need to register. But as a beta I don't mind if some people do not download it because they would rather not register at the site. ;) Beta can have bugs... so if I keep it from being too widespread then that's fine. allthough... it is pretty rock solid. No real bugs found yet. Just requests of additions.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:42 pm

I created a new topic and moved the posts there to prevent hijack of this thread. Any discussions regarding PEChecksum can now be made here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60742

compstuff

What am I doing wrong???

Post by compstuff » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:19 am

I've tried using the Beta 5 times and everytime it fails with the same failed to copy syssetup.dll error... I'm using the exact same files that work when I use 1.4.3 integrator... not sure what direction to go from here

Siginet
Site Admin

Re: What am I doing wrong???

Post by Siginet » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:45 pm

compstuff wrote:I've tried using the Beta 5 times and everytime it fails with the same failed to copy syssetup.dll error... I'm using the exact same files that work when I use 1.4.3 integrator... not sure what direction to go from here
You should check if there are updated Addons. Especially if you are using patchaddons. There are newer Patch Addons posted in the beta thread.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:59 am

Beta 29 is online now.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:24 am

Does this work with Windows Vista?

beats

Post by beats » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:58 am

Sanjay wrote:Does this work with Windows Vista?
From Siginet's site:
Test it in Vista as much as possible!

Oron123
Location: In the tavern in the village of Fleur de lis near Calypso - StS

Post by Oron123 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:59 am

Thank you very much.
An advice for life: Do not argue with people who have no knowledge.
They aren't aware of what they say/write and will drag you down to their level.
www.TecHappens.com

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:22 pm

I am fixing a new HexEdit bug in it today. It is caused by a change in Autoit. So expect Beta30 out tonight with the fix. Sorry that I let this bug slip by.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:29 pm

i see that RC2 is out... does that mean we can expect the final release fairly soon?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:36 pm

The final is expected to be released with Ryan's next UpdatePack.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 pm

I've found a minor, hopefully easy-to-fix problem. I have a personal addon that deposits my custom presetup.cmd into \i386. The problem is that it's getting cab compressed and I'm not directing it to be. I'm wondering if there is either a new directive I'm not aware of or if it would be possible to add .cmd to the list of exclusions.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:46 pm

Actually it would mean that the string you add to txtsetup.sif is incorrect. I don't have my laptop in front of me... but when I get home I'll look at what the proper string is. Basically in txtsetup.sif certain files are not to be compressed. The ones that arent compressed Have an _ followed by a number. Or it may be the other way around. I forgot. You can look into your source files and see for yourself. Look for any _ in the [SourceDisksFiles] sections. Then see if that file is compressed or not. Soon you will see a pattern. ;)

Maybe this is a minor flaw that has actually been going around for a while now... but we never knew. Since the integrator automatically parses txtsetup.sif to compress files... it found it.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Jeez.. so I've been using an addon that I made improperly for quite a while now. I have to wonder how many people are going to discover that their addons are "less than perfect" lol. And for that matter, how many others I've made that might have similar issues.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:54 pm

It was something I actually only stumbled upon myself a few months back. I doubt if most people even know that. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician