What is t he best web Hosting server?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Xtremee

What is t he best web Hosting server?

Post by Xtremee » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi all,
wait this post in NOT talking about free web hosting, this post for $$ servers
So What do you think the BEST web hosting server ? and why are you think so?

presuhn

Post by presuhn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:52 am

Xtremee

Post by Xtremee » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:03 am

Is that all ?!!

presuhn

Post by presuhn » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:03 am

those are two hosting providers that I have experience with. Freehostia has really great prices.

Webfaction has a bunch of built-in apps and a nice control panel with 1-click installers for a lot of Web 2.0 stuff. They're a little pricier tho.

What kind of website / apps do you plan on developing? If you provide a little more detail then I'm sure people could give you some better advice.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:31 am

This site is hosted by Dreamhost. They aren't perfect by any means, but they do provide a hell of a lot of bandwidth & disk space for the money and they're pretty easy to use.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:36 am

Xtremee

Post by Xtremee » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks for all

@presuhn,
Freehostia has really great prices.
ya for price it may be good but small storage and my Sql db !!
What kind of website / apps do you plan on developing? If you provide a little more detail then I'm sure people could give you some better advice.
I will need PHP support , ASP.NET, JAVA, TelNET and MS SQL and sure good bandwidth with good space.

=====================================================================================
@RyanVM
This site is hosted by Dreamhost. They aren't perfect by any means, but they do provide a hell of a lot of bandwidth & disk space for the money and they're pretty easy to use.
I can see that. Sometimes i get the forum down :cry:
i also get the one like your host in the last year and they were really suck.

=====================================================================================
@Kelsenellenelvian
Sound like good for all price, storage and app.

:lol:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:40 am

Webhost4life is on windoze server software. You should not even contemplate signing up with a web hosting company unless they use Open Source (apache) server software - way faster and way more secure.

And it kinda depends on what kind of usage you are aiming to use it for. Certain types of websites require certain kinds of hosting plans/server specs, eg: are you wanting to host streaming media files, use a content management system (which needs host with good fast CPU specs), do you just want to host a bunch of files and pages - and how much file space do you need.

When asking the question "what is a good webhost" it's all relative. You could probably do yourself a favour by doing your own research somewhere like Web Hosting Talk Forums. What I learned on that website saved me a shitload of future grief - like how to spot hosting providers that are overselling - a thing you want to avoid more than anything when choosing a host.

More is not "better" when it comes to hosting plans and I recommend you place more trust in companies that offer modest packages - if you study up on the "overselling issue" then you will understand why I say this.

Gluck

Xtremee

Post by Xtremee » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:51 pm

@ Mrs Peel,
You should not even contemplate signing up with a web hosting company unless they use Open Source (apache) server software - way faster and way more secure.
HOW can i check that?
And it kinda depends on what kind of usage you are aiming to use it for. Certain types of websites require certain kinds of hosting plans/server specs, eg: are you wanting to host streaming media files, use a content management system (which needs host with good fast CPU specs), do you just want to host a bunch of files and pages - and how much file space do you need.
I don't wanna streaming media, i wanna ordinary website that support PHP support , ASP.NET, JAVA, TelNET and MS SQL and sure good bandwidth with good space as i said before.
When asking the question "what is a good webhost" it's all relative. You could probably do yourself a favour by doing your own research somewhere like Web Hosting Talk Forums. What I learned on that website saved me a shitload of future grief - like how to spot hosting providers that are overselling - a thing you want to avoid more than anything when choosing a host.
I get your message :wink:
Thanks for that.