How can i download de april pack of windows xp?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Birkhoff

Post by Birkhoff » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:20 am

Hello,

I'am new here, and i have an question.

When i click the link a new webpage opend and it says that the page is not avaible and i can check for connection errors?

and what is an MD5 hash?

best regards,

birkhoff

vmanda

Post by vmanda » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:36 am

MD5 (Message-Digest algorithm 5) is an cryptographic method. Here, MD5 hashes are used as protection checksums and are a way of verifying a file is not corrupt, or is not modified.
Use this little tool to generate and to check MD5 hashes. (Size:228 KB MD5:EC75281371A6741E1F4686ECF2B76C3B)

"MD5 digests have been widely used in the software world to provide some assurance that a transferred file has arrived intact. For example, file servers often provide a pre-computed MD5 checksum for the files, so that a user can compare the checksum of the downloaded file to it. Unix-based operating systems include MD5 sum utilities in their distribution packages, whereas Windows users use third-party applications.
However, now that it is easy to generate MD5 collisions, it is possible for the person who created the file to create a second file with the same checksum, so this technique cannot protect against some forms of malicious tampering. Also, in some cases the checksum cannot be trusted (for example, if it was obtained over the same channel as the downloaded file), in which case MD5 can only provide error-checking functionality: it will recognize a corrupt or incomplete download, which becomes more likely when downloading larger files.
MD5 is widely used to store passwords. To mitigate against the vulnerabilities mentioned above, one can add a salt to the passwords before hashing them. Some implementations may apply the hashing function more than once—see key strengthening." Wiki.
Read here for more informations

XIII

Post by XIII » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:30 am

Where did you find Ryan's April pack? It's not out yet... (I believe)

Here you can find the latest version (currently March).

I could download the pack from all 3 mirrors without any problems.
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!