Yay economy

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
RyanVM
Site Admin

Yay economy

Post by RyanVM » Fri May 01, 2009 12:03 am

So, today I found out that my company is offering early retirement packages that could mean basically a massive loss of people at our location (meaning way more work for those that remain - like me), and then an hour later my wife found out that she'd been laid off from the newspaper she wrote for.

*sigh*
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Fri May 01, 2009 12:45 am

Wow, that sucks!
On the bright side, if your wife wasn't happy with the old job, this gives her an opportunity to get a job she really likes.
I'm set to retire from active duty this year and it's stories like this that make me reconsider staying in a few more years.
Good luck to you both Ryan.
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

scarface

Post by scarface » Fri May 01, 2009 8:12 am

youre lucky cause you have a wife ryan.dont sleep alone like me. but things are getting worse for everyone you see. I think there will be some problems soon. violence in the streets sooner or later. for My friend in the us who sells car the situation is bad because people dont have money to buy big cars, 100000bucks of debt. I feel bad again and ive perhaps found a job but for 2 months only. pfff

scarface

Post by scarface » Fri May 01, 2009 6:15 pm

at walmart they hire some cashiers or some slaves to fill up the bags https://hiringcenter.walmartstores.com/ ... alPage.jsp
if shes good looking it might be possible

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat May 02, 2009 5:24 am

Man I think you just commited forum suicide....

scarface

Post by scarface » Sat May 02, 2009 11:17 am

im sorry for what im saying im just depressed. there are bad news only. Ive downloaded windows7 and I even dont want to install it. Even ryan seems unhappy.

UtCollector

Post by UtCollector » Sat May 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Its a sad thing. I hope you're wife will find a new job. Getting a job is kinda hard these time's it seems. Well for me in Holland it is. I'm workless for well 4 month's now. I'm really bussy trying to get new work but still no job at the moment. Most time i hear the company can not affort new people anymore. Ore you're to old. Ore you're live to far away. 1 time i head a to high adjucation.

Well i'm not giving op hope! just trying every fair way to make some money. Sell a litle stuff. Dont buy new things. For some time now i'm writhing down every steps involved getting new work. I try to make it funny to. Well writing every thing down makes looking for work less boring and i can go and look for work hours this way. Maybe in the and i can make a book out of it. You're wife know how to write. Maybe see could make a book about here job hunting and what happens in the world with this crissis thing. For me it only cost a litle time to write about my job hunting. It keeps me sharp to.

Maybe you find it a useless idee. I dont really care. It work for mee.

Well good luck!

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat May 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Sad to hear it Ryan. :(

Hopefully something better will come your wife's way soon.

For those out there that are having a rough time just remember you are not the only ones. It is happening to many people around the world. Not that that should make you feel better. :( But it means there are many people who understand what you are going through. Hopefully we can all just keep on pushing through this economy crisis and make it through ok. Many people should take this time to do some schooling to better there credintials... so when the economy starts to repair itself maybe you will have a better chance at getting a good job. Just take it day by day. Right now it is a rollercoaster ride. We're not quite sure if we are gonna drop or rise. :(

Just hang in there.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 am

I know it's way too late for applications......but if only you knew about this job a couple of months ago. http://www.islandreefjob.com/

kaitsevaim

Re: Yay economy

Post by kaitsevaim » Tue May 05, 2009 5:07 am

RyanVM wrote:.. an hour later my wife found out that she'd been laid off...

*sigh*
Yeah..very bad situation. It would have been much worse, if your wife found out that she´d been laid. Sorry, Ryan! It just sounded so funny! :lol:

Ok, seriously! The companies think out all kinds of tricks to get rid of "old fishes" without the liability to pay them compensation or unemployment insurance.
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu May 07, 2009 6:31 pm

okay now I really feel like crap, I just got a raise last week.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things