notification via Mediafire

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
jaynbe

notification via Mediafire

Post by jaynbe » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Got this message from Mediafire today concerning an addon posted here:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=150
Don't know what to do else than remove the link to the download.
This may also end my futute posts of addons with MS products.

Dear MediaFire User:

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.
The file named Microsoft.Net_Framework.AIO_EN_Addon_20120614.cab is identified by the
key (rys30ss0epn5xrx). As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA,
we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:

I state UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that: I, in good faith, am the owner, or an agent authorized to act
on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. I have a good faith belief
that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner,
its agent, or the law; and this notification is accurate.

Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: Microsoft LCA World Wide Anti-Piracy Team
Contact Address: One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA 98052
Contact Phone: +1 (425) 705-4165

Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple
incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

If you feel this suspension was in error, please submit a counterclaim by following the process below.

ELiTE

Re: notification via Mediafire

Post by ELiTE » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 pm

jaynbe wrote:This may also end my futute posts of addons with MS products.
Don't get discouraged. Our posts don't show up on Google so IMHO it's somebody that frequents this forum that's put the finger on your post to M$. You'd think people would get a brain and use their time constructively instead of making good folks live's miserable ALSO Mediafire isn't the best place to store custom installers...... :wink:
By downloading an ELiTE Switchless Installer Addon you, the End User, agree to abide by any Terms of Use prescribed by the Freeware App contained within.

tomasz86

Post by tomasz86 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:21 pm

I received a similar message some time ago about the Direct9.0c Full Pack packages. Still no other files were removed and nothing has changed since then so I wouldn't worry too much.

PS In my case I just re-uploaded the package to http://ge.tt :P