Welcome to Windows XP Service Pack 4

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
darkrats

Post by darkrats » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:54 pm

I wonder if that native behaviour can be changed to supress that first time connection launch?
I noticed that Windows Media Player also does a one time connection to the net when it's first used or setup.

(USMLE) Now I understand why you need to focus on that part of your life for a while.

schmatzler

Post by schmatzler » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:36 pm

Thanks for this update pack. I used an untouched XP SP3 Professional ISO from MSDN and slipstreamed the update into this CD.

When I boot from the CD, I get an error that pautoenr.dll is missing and cannot be copied. I can skip the file and the installation runs fine, though. Also, I can't run any 16bit executables.

These are only minor issues and I really love this pack! Installing XP with all updates on an old IBm T21 took 2 hours and now it runs butter-smooth. The last time I installed SP3 on this machine and installed all updates it took 24 hours because of the slow .NET updates.

Stormit

Updatepack Updates

Post by Stormit » Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi Just wondering if you added all the Net security updates or if you could give me links if you have them to add to the process, or if you plan to update this pack again. Thank You Again for all of your work and time and this great pack. :wink:

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon May 04, 2015 1:47 am

I am hoping your close to your next release! Though I realize that real life will may complicate things. Looking forward to see what you accomplished in next release.

I am prepared to do another real install as soon as you are ready with next version.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Thu May 07, 2015 7:18 pm

I hope I will finalize v3 soon. This version will fix the 16-bit app CD-ROM issue only. (I haven't been able to reproduce explorer.exe/shell crashes consistently + debug them). Still trying to identify the cause of the 16-bit issue. It seems however that's not related to the way IE8 is installed. I'll retry in a few days and then, if I'm lucky enough, I will finalize SP4v3 along with its -final- post-sp4 update pack.

I use Onepiece's update packs as a base to keep my update pack updated, by manually adding the relevant registry entries for the new .NET updates (plus deleting any superseded ones, if necessary). However, this is a rather painful process and for this reason I will stop updating the update pack in the future.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu May 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks Harkaz!!!

Like I said in the past, my last install, slipstreaming v2 into my media, I did NOT have the shell crash issue. That something else was being installed later, which caused this. I never narrowed it down, but my intuition says it may be with Office 2007, or at least my installer for it, which is not as Microsoft designed it.

Updated version, maybe just put all the updates in it, through January 2015, then stop. We can get further through MS updates. This offers significant updates to the entire OS, to included the needed updates to the update engine and such, which came out in December 2014. So, maybe consider just adding all the updates from Nov, Dec, Jan, finalizing this!?!?

Anthony21

Post by Anthony21 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:28 am

Sry for being quiet for a long time, i've been doing other things with video editing and fixn some other stuff n work, I'll try your latest update in a few days. Take the time you need Harkaz.

If anyone is still wondering, I've updated this to who ever wants to manually add this to there packs. Sucks that the end of 2015 that Google will stop supporting windows xp.

[Latest] Google Chrome Version v42.0.23.11.135 (Without the locks down Chrome extensions)
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B14fsd ... sp=sharing

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:22 am

Just a question: Harkas ... I got to do another install, thinking about doing it today!!! Are you about done with the next version (should I wait) or just go ahead with whats already released?

Not rushing you, just wondering if I should wait a day or two, or ...

Side note: I am currently with another install, using the old method ... there is no crashing of the shell due to various extensions. But I chose to tweak this install, and did so more then I should, problems cause me to need to reformat soon!

robbo1802

Post by robbo1802 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi Harkas,

I have been lurking for a long time. Like GHOst I am also about to do a new build. As GHOst said, no rush. I just need to make a decision.

Regards,
Bob

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:19 pm

His last post kind of said what the next version would fix, and this is nothing for me, sooooo ... I have decided to just go ahead and use what I got and hope for the best. Burning my ISO to Thumbdrive as we speak, Rufus 1.4.10.514 (yeah, there is newer, but this works best for me)

So, see you guys in a few hours

Going to REALLY pay attention to the issue of the windows explorer crashing with differant extensions, as this was my only real problem! Would be nice to be able to lock this down, so harkaz can include a fix in future release!

Cya all soon!!

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:52 pm

OK, I'm back, all is well, and NOOOOO issue with crashing windows explorer do to issues with extensions. I have felt in the past that it was Office 2007 that did this and I do NOT yet have it installed, cause I'm dreading the return of this issue ... so much, I'm thinking about putting Office 2003 back in instead. Can't find my discs though ... round here somewhere! Is there an alternative to MS Office, that can open and edit ".docx" files? I do use them often and spell check and such is needed.

USP4, super tight and super light!

Harkaz: go to Windows Firewall in control panel, Advanced tab, ICMP settings, "Allow incoming echo request" is prechecked and, can not be unchecked.

Is there a reasons for this? how can I uncheck, as I normally wouldn't allow this!
Last edited by GH0st on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:03 pm

Also updated my security guide HERE take a look and consider these options!

rubix

Post by rubix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:03 am

I did a live install of harkaz's SP4v2 pack and the installation went fine, but when I rebooted it now takes a long time for my startup shortcuts to start (~10min). If I try to launch them manually they will not show up until Explorer finishes stalling/hanging.

In Process Explorer it shows explorer.exe going between 20% and 50% CPU usage rapidly the entire time doing something and same for lssa.exe at ~12% CPU usage. Everything else is idle.

Lots a other things take a long time to launch too, but not everything. Like I can open Notepad immediately, but some other program will stall. If I launch Regedit directly or from "run" it'll launch immediately, but if I launch it from inside another program like ZSoft Uninstaller it'll take a long time. Event Viewer open immediately, but Services will stall.

No errors in Event Viewer and qfecheck says everything is ok. Haven't tried sfc. I tried disabling every unneeded running service and rebooted but it didn't help. The problem occurs in Safe Mode too. I went to Windows Update and installed everything except for the .Net patches, but this didn't fix the problem either.

I created a new limited user account and that account is fine, so the problem is related to the account I installed from (an admin account of course). Anyone know how to fix this?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:17 am

GH0st wrote:Is there an alternative to MS Office, that can open and edit ".docx" files?
This question now has its own thread. Replies to it have been moved. Further relevant replies should be made in that thread.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:53 pm

rubix wrote:I did a live install of harkaz's SP4v2 pack and the installation went fine, but when I rebooted it now takes a long time for my startup shortcuts to start (~10min) ....
Go to SERVICES.MSC, find "Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_x86" ... set it to Manual! Reboot

You should also go to command prompt and copy paste this in

" %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe executequeueditems "

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:03 pm

My current install is doing perfect, I have NOT installed office, so this crashing windows browser with variouse extension, has NOT made it self seen in this current install!

Very pleased!!

(EDIT: To add, I did decide to install Office 2003 back, cause I love it and, so far, there is no issue. I was afraid to touch 2007 at this time, though I am willing to try prior to next install, just to fully verify)

Stormit

To Ghost

Post by Stormit » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks Ghost Seconfig XP this is a great little security tool, I will be using it on all machines. :D

GH0st

Re: To Ghost

Post by GH0st » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Stormit wrote:Thanks Ghost Seconfig XP this is a great little security tool, I will be using it on all machines. :D
Your welcome, glad you like it!

Give my whole guide a chance, you will love it! It may be a little scary, but I use this on each reformat, its up to date too!

schmatzler

Post by schmatzler » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Still no news about running 16bit applications?

The 16bit subsystem seems to work just fine. I can run DOS applications like Terminal Velocity or edit.com on my XP. They start up ntvdm.exe and run.

For 16bit windows applications, ntvdm is supposed to start wowexec.exe and there it fails.

I get an "Access is denied" message when I try to run wowexec manually.

Edit: Sorry, I see you already got to that. :(

Kurt_Aust

Post by Kurt_Aust » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:24 pm

KB2918614 has been replaced by KB3072630, perhaps the first post should be updated to reflect this.

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:15 am

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since my last post here.

I'm stuck with the 16-bit issue. I have excluded the new IE installation method from being the culprit, but I haven't yet traced the cause in any CD-ROM specific INF file.

Because my free time is limited (USMLE preparation + medical research) I need somebody's help with enough skills and patience to complete v3. Please summarize in one post all the issues/glitches you've ever experienced with v2, so that they're easier for me to find.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:53 am

Hello Harkaz,

Thanks for your continued work here.

My latest install I did back in May 2015, still working with it currently. It is working 100%!!!! Then only real issue I had in past was that problem with the file extensions causing a crashing in windows explorer. This has not happened with in this install. I have not found a reason why it was happening or a way to fix it either. Nothing worked. The next install (which is current install) has not had this issue.

Question: Will you be including any further updates to be included in the next version. Meaning, will it be up to date with the monthly updates? I suspect NOT, as that would be a lot of work. But maybe you can include the updates through January 2015, as Dec/Jan included updates to the actual windows update site, which might be cause to include them, or not.

I do know, that my current install includes the November update pack that you made, and everything works 100%! I used nLite to slipstream the SP4, then manually install the update pack to the folder prior to making ISO. The only thing nLite did for me was slipstream and install my Intel INF files (drivers), so my old motherboard had the latest drivers, on first boot! No other nLite options used, which I feel if why its a 100% operational, even after almost 6 months of use, which is uncommon for me with XP, as my testing software and other crap, will often make me have to reformat 4-5 times a year. This one is still very tight, great speed and very good security! Thanks again!!

FM

Post by FM » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:12 pm

HDD failed I need another copy of SP4.

I skimmed thru this site and didn't find the file
WindowsXP-USP4-x86-ENU -1.exe OR latest version.
has it been removed?

THANKS+
FM
Professional Software Installer...
(OK, OK, Yes, OK, Next, OK, Yes, EXIT) :twisted:

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:36 pm

FM wrote:HDD failed I need another copy of SP4.

I skimmed thru this site and didn't find the file
WindowsXP-USP4-x86-ENU -1.exe OR latest version.

Where did you look? The latest version, WindowsXP-USP4-v2-x86-ENU.exe, is still available. Go to the first post of this thread and look for "Windows XP Unofficial SP4 Download Locations:". The Google Drive folder still has the file and there is a torrent link for it as well, but I didn't check the torrent to see if it's still being seeded.

Cheers and Regards

FM

Post by FM » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:59 pm

bphlpt wrote: Where did you look? The latest version, WindowsXP-USP4-v2-x86-ENU.exe, is still available. Go to the first post of this thread and look for "Windows XP Unofficial SP4 Download Locations:". The Google Drive folder still has the file and there is a torrent link for it as well, but I didn't check the torrent to see if it's still being seeded.

Cheers and Regards
I did look on the first page but must'a skipped right over "Cloud:"
Got it dnld, thanks.
Professional Software Installer...
(OK, OK, Yes, OK, Next, OK, Yes, EXIT) :twisted:

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:29 am

Harkaz please update SP 4 if you have time to do that.

Vaako

Post by Vaako » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi,

I have an installation problem when I try to install the SP4:
Service Pack 4 Setup Error

Setup cannot update your Windows XP files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language.
I'm using a Dutch language Windows XP is there a workaround for it?
Regards,
Vaako

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:28 am

I'm sorry, but SP4 is only available for installation on English systems, as far as I know.

Cheers and Regards

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:35 am

Vaako, OnePiece's Final XP updatepack 1.07, combined with a POS Addon is probably your best bet. It's available in "all" languages...
Some assembly required, hope you're into that stuff...

Groeten uit Nederland!

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:57 am

Vaako, when I said "some assembly required", I mean that OnePiece's solution might take a bit more work, but with the Final XP pack and self-made POS addon, you're always up to date (ahem...), and the big advantage is that you can have it in "any" language...

Assembly **language** is not required :-)

mockingbird

Post by mockingbird » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Atari800xl wrote:Vaako, when I said "some assembly required", I mean that OnePiece's solution might take a bit more work, but with the Final XP pack and self-made POS addon, you're always up to date (ahem...), and the big advantage is that you can have it in "any" language...

Assembly **language** is not required :-)
Yes, but there's a very large underlying problem with slipstreamed update packs:

They don't work properly in repair installs.

Ideally, I would want to use a repair install to update an old XP install to the latest and greatest, with the alternatives being either manually installing each and every update after the fact, or starting from fresh. Hence the need for a service pack.

If they could fix that repair install issue OTOH, it would solve this problem.

Vaako

Post by Vaako » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:40 pm

I have download OnePiece's solution but there is no setup or install.

So I thought I have to made it myself with DXUPAC.exe but it freezes all the time when I try.

Anyone can tell me how to install this pack?
Regards,
Vaako

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 am

MrMaguire

Post by MrMaguire » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Apologies if the information has already been posted.

If I want to integrate Service Pack 4 into XP install media, but not include Internet Explorer 8 (Leave IE6 or 7 intact), is that possible with a command or something?

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:38 pm

I don't believe so, but you can go to ADD REMOVE Programs in control panel and unselect IE from being used, thus you won't have it available to your account! Then install your choice of browser

MrMaguire

Post by MrMaguire » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:52 pm

I did try that. IE8 never uninstalls cleanly, and doesn't leave a functional IE6/7 as a result. Thus my trying to avoid having it integrated in the first place.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:10 pm

True, its not an actual uninstall of anything. There is no way to remove it, with regards to using USP4.

MrMaguire

Post by MrMaguire » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:40 pm

If the demand is present, do you suppose a "vanilla" version of the Service Pack 4 could be produced without IE8, .NET Framework and the like?

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Its not a demand issue, but a lack of time for Harkaz to do it!

MrMaguire

Post by MrMaguire » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:09 pm

I can imagine so.

KlaasVaak

Post by KlaasVaak » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:08 am

MrMaguire wrote:Apologies if the information has already been posted.

If I want to integrate Service Pack 4 into XP install media, but not include Internet Explorer 8 (Leave IE6 or 7 intact), is that possible with a command or something?
I would also like to be able to disable the installation of IE8 and I think it was WMP11.

I do very much like this Service Pack so I would hope the option will be integrated in a future release.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:41 pm

I don't speak for harkaz, but, I don't believe it will ever be an option in the way you think. He has prepared the USP4 the way MS would do it.

You still have the option with the OS control panel to remove options, to include media and IE. This does leave the latest version installed and fully updated, which may be the best way!

What your trying to do is more in line with the old way, which can be handled with the other update packs and the use of nLite to remove components.

My current install, just did a few days ago, I used the "XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_20151209.7z" and then added the use of the "XP_FIXIT EN.INF", this makes for a really nice, tight feeling install. Then I got the POS updates from MS update.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Need someone help please ... If you are currently using a SP4 installed OS ...

Please go to ...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

Look at "SystemPages" and tell me what the value is set at, either Hex of Decimal!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:44 pm

The value is 0 (zero) after installing "WindowsXP-USP4-v2-x86-ENU.exe" (MD5: cf07d21ffff544283aeb455cbebaff8c) on a fresh VM XP install using an unmodified SP3 Pro CD ISO. The registry entry is found in the following files within the EXE:
  • I386\ic\hivesys.inf, line 1621 (used for XP Home)
    I386\ip\hivesys.inf, line 1622 (used for XP Pro)

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:55 pm

I hear ya, but, mine was something differant .... Which I than modified to 0 (zero), as this lets it be managed by the system.

I just did another fresh install, using SP4. Than I did my normal tweaks, but, was alittle more daring this time, tweaked it almost to death.

In the past, going from SP0 -->SP3 -->XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack 20151209, did real well with my choices.

Guessing Harkaz may have made some tweaks, or caused something to occur during his install, that gets messed up when I tweak it. Which means I should prolly leave it alone, as it runs very fast right out the box!

At this point, its a coin toss, I got two USB drives, one has been loaded by Rufus with an good SP4, other is a good SP3 +post sp3 packs. The SP4 feels just alittle bit faster, which is why I decided to make a move back to it ............ aaarg, merry Christmas, time to do my next install!

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:17 pm

5eraph wrote:The value is 0 (zero)
Just did my latest, and greatest install so far to date. Allowing XP to set itself, via what ever changes Harkaz has caused SP4v2 to do ...

Sytem Pages: 0x000c3000 (798720)

LargePageMinimum: 0xffffffff (4294967295)

all the other paged/nonpaged pools are all set to "0" zero, meaning "system managed"

Going to stick with this install, till uSP4-v3

Kurt_Aust

Post by Kurt_Aust » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:36 am

Has anyone had much experience using the DriverPacks with SP4?

My experience has been that if you try to keep any of the drivers it will fail but as long as you don't KtD it works as per normal.

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:41 am

Kurt_Aust wrote:Has anyone had much experience using the DriverPacks with SP4?

My experience has been that if you try to keep any of the drivers it will fail but as long as you don't KtD it works as per normal.
Hi, this happen because dpbase things xp as 2k due to presence of sp4.cab

Kurt_Aust

Post by Kurt_Aust » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Piffle, it's kind of annoying as I decided it was time to do up an XP super-installer for my grab bag of install disks and while not critical it would have been nice to keep the drivers.

Here's the .html help file (without links or formatting) that's included on the disk, I might get around to posting the full process at some stage.

Windows XP (service pack 4 + drivers) installation instructions

1. Before setup

If you wish to install additional or updated optional applications then copy the folder XP-32 and all its contents to a USB flash drive and rename it to XP32. The following applications will be installed if they are copied to \XP32, do NOT place multiple versions of the same app in \XP32. Unless otherwise noted they will work with minimal rights (guest account) and maximum DEP (AlwaysOn): ε=EMET protected

Recommended and included on the DVD (versions might be outdated)
ε 7-Zip Critical
HashTab
Dexpot
Tool Tip Fixer
ε IrfanView
DOS Box
ε FileZilla 3.7.4.1, last version to officially support XP
Daemon Tools Lite use version 4.49.1.0356, requires 7-Zip or SPTD
ImgBurn requires Nero BurnRights for non-admin accounts
UltraDefrag one pass of boot time defrag, requires Admin rights
Recommended but not included on the DVD (large and/or changes regularly)
ε Firefox dictionaries supported (*.aff *.dic)
Flash Player plugin direct links >> Internet Explorer . Firefox & SeaMonkey . Chrome & Opera
ε Java Runtime Environment
ε Libre Office can use Java, "en-GB" help files folder renamed to "en" for easy access
ε Foxit Reader for menu based UI - Help >> Change Toolbar Mode
ε K-Lite Mega Codec Pack lots of stuff option, see here if you want to create your own config files
Supported (pick and choose to suit your needs and/or preferences)
ε WinRAR
ε Opera
ε Thunderbird dictionaries supported
ε SeaMonkey dictionaries supported
ε Google Chrome .msi version
Shockwave Player plugin
Silverlight Player plugin
Notepad ++
ε Microsoft Office 2007, please read XP32\Config\Office2007.html for instructions
ε SumatraPDF
ε Adobe Reader version 11.*.*
ε GIMP "en_GB" help files folder renamed to "en" for easy access if you choose locally installed help
ε Google Picasa
Mihov Image Resizer
nLite requires Admin rights
WMP11 Slipstreamer << direct link
AutoIt
Virtual PC 2007 SP1 (rename to VirtualPC2007x86setup.exe) & patch & patch
Virtual Box Oracle extension pack supported
VMware Server 1.0.10 << direct link, you will need to edit \XP32\Config\Run2.bat inserting your
registration key, any DEP level except AlwaysOn
ε Google Earth use version 7.1.2.2041 (6.2.2.6613 on VirtualBox without D3D)
ε Skype . direct link
ε Vuze . download requires Java
AnyDVD place rego key in \XP32\Config
DVD Shrink
CDBurnerXP .msi version, requires .Net 2.0 or greater
BurnAware Free
ε VideoLAN Player
ε YouTube Downloader . direct link
Save2PC Light
BOINC Screensaver
Spybot: Search & Destroy 1.6.2 . detection update integration supported requires Admin rights
Comodo Firewall use the older version 5.12 .msi installer which supports install switches
and doesn't break Deamon Tools or have "modern" UI
VirtualBox Additions, copy VBoxGuestAdditions.iso to \XP32, requires 7-Zip
VMware Tools, copy Windows.iso to \XP32, requires 7-Zip (seeing a pattern?)

There are two files in \XP32\Config that affect setup, MenuReorg.bat will delete all program icons from the desktop and organise the start menu folders while boot.ini will allow you to select DEP level easily at each boot (defaults to AlwaysOn, the most secure), move or rename them if you don't desire these effects.

2. Setup

Set your HDD as the first boot device, insert the DVD and optionally your USB stick. Boot to the DVD using BIOS boot options and then follow the standard textmode installation steps. If you have a removable media drive, you might get a "No Disk" message on the first reboot, just "Continue". The installation is fully automated except that it will ask you at one stage to provide a license key. Note that it will reboot several times while installing drivers and the like. The Administrator/Admin password is "G1berish".

3. After setup

Please check both the Control Panel (for additional utilities) and "Add/Remove Windows Components" (for things like .NET 4.0) that aren't part of a normal XP sp3 install.

The PoS registry key has been set so you will continue to receive patches however there are 2 special cases:
A) Any post-sp4 update for Windows Installer (MSI 4.5), as seen in bold here. It is imperative that you install these updates separately. After installing them RUN THIS COMMAND: msiexec.exe /regserver
B) If you're using .NET Framework 4.0 then every time you install a new update or application for .NET Framework make sure you run: (This will boost system's performance and ensure reliability)
%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe executequeueditems
OR \RunOnce\ Post_dotNET_40_Update.bat

Avast Anti-Virus is a popular free Anti-Virus product, however the latest version doesn't support silent install so you'll have to do it yourself. Here are the webpages for the full installer and offline detection updates. You may want to install additional languages, such as Pirate Talk.

Microsoft's EMET is a powerful and low resource security tool that can harden your system, however it requires that .NET 4.0 be activated first (under Windows Components), once installed import the config file located at \XP32\Config, EMET requires Admin rights for configuration.
Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 4.1u1 description . download

4. Stand Alone Drivers

This disk can also be used as a driver store for already installed Windows XP systems, simply run DP_Install_Tool.cmd in \OEM (for CPU, Chipset, Mass Storage, LAN & WLAN, Audio or Video) or \DriverPacks.net (for most everything else).

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:58 am

@Kurt_Aust, hi this is awesome .
Latest version of filezzilla works fine in sp3 although setup warns it will not work.