Torrenting

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
GH0st

Torrenting

Post by GH0st » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:53 am

Hey guys, I was wondering things and thought maybe someone had an answer for me. Here is my view ... I torrent, mostly to download tv shows, sometimes other stuff. I am currently uploading uSP4 for Harkaz. There are two people 2 people looking for it, 1 is actually connected to me at this time. But its only uploading it at 10k speed. I can, and sometimes it does upload at 130k.

Why does it not give full upload speed to everyone, at all time, that it can. Even if there were 4 people downloading from me, 130k split between them is fine, but should always be running full speed!

I have looked at many guides, done many caculations, tweaked it time and time again, I got the setting set ... but maybe I am missing something.

I am with WinXP Pro (uSP4), uTorrent 2.2.1, I do run Peerblock 1.2 and have paid for a subscription to iBlock list (currently blocking over 1.9 billion IPs), Eset NOD32 which has been set to Exclude protocol filtering of uTorrent and Peerblock.

Sometimes it DOES upload full speed, wondering if anyone has same issue or tricks to change this? Wanting full speed uploads!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:50 am

I'm uploading to two peers at the moment (one in Pakistan, the other in Thailand). Peaks are 70k and 16k, respectively--well below my upload limit in total. No other torrents are running on my end.

There's a lot of network to travel through to get to those places. No way to know what kind of hardware and traffic-shaping may exist between here and there. And no way to know how those other clients are configured. Sometimes connections are just lousy and there's no help for it.

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:11 pm

problem is happen because secuirity settings of tcp/ip of network of different country is different.
Here in india most isp gives 35mbps above for pearing(p2p like torrent) but never gives 40kbps above for direct download but in most of other asian countries torrent is not advised. I should have seeded for you guys but i cannot becuse my netpack is limited to 3gb/permonth.My house away from towns here, where few peoples (togethar 6 families over 3 km) so none is agree to provide me internet connection un less vodafone gsm , here my BSNL broadband ling around with my old modem , name only broadband it nevers gives me above 50kbps which is also rare.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:31 pm

I got one guy in Thailand now, uploading at 38-40k, pretty steady, but he has been downloading from me for a few hours now, should be/could be done ... but, guessing his network cant do more ... shame!