[Release] Mythicsoft Agent Ransack Addon v1.7.3.332-070811

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Mythicsoft Agent Ransack Addon v1.7.3.332-070811

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:28 am

I have two favourite speedy file search utilities I use regularly and this is one of them. If you haven't heard of Agent Ransack then ya better be hustling on over to their website to check out it's niftiness for yourself.

Agent Ransack v1.7.3.332
LINK: MrsP_Agent_Ransack_Addon_v1.7.3.332-070811
MD5: 70DE64183CB1EE4C0D94FFCDAE4A19EC
SIZE: 525 KB
Description: Find files and information on your hard drive
Op System: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2004/03/27
Language: English
Title: Agent Ransack
Version: 1.7.3.332
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Desktop\AgentRansack"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal setting
Agent Ransack Freeware
Agent Ransack is a free tool for finding files and information on your hard drive fast and efficiently. When searching the contents of files Agent Ransack displays the text found so you can quickly browse the results without having to separately open each file! Agent Ransack provides compelling advantages over similar search tools:
Features:
* Regular expressions that allow complex rule based searches.
* Immediate contents results view.
* Various wizards to walk the user through the searching process.

Enjoy!

:D

PS: Did I happen to mention that it is FAST!

[Edit 2006/03/09] Recoded ALL Mrs Peel Addon Packs for platform and licencing compliance.
[Edit 2007/07/07] Rebuilt to include uninstaller and register the shell extension dll, added startmenu shortcut
[Edit 2007/07/25] Minor update so uninstaller will work with XP Home
[Edit 2007/07/29] Rebuilt optional components section
[Edit 2007/08/04] Fixed entries.ini and optimised some stuff in the inf file
[Edit 2007/08/11] Improved startmenu shortcut installer method
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:22 am, edited 17 times in total.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:31 am

Hey I will have to give this one a try looks quite good

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:40 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Hey I will have to give this one a try looks quite good
Yeh, it's infinitely better than the native windoze search function and especially since I have indexing service disabled ;)

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:25 am

I like the google desktop search too, and I find I use that more than anything else...
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:32 pm

this doesnt index ur files right.. i mean when u search for a file ..it actually does the seraching at that time.. it doesnt index in advance.. ..i have been useing a software named avafind.. its pretty good..has indexing feature(nothing compared to windows one.. which sucks) and is bloody fast.. assoon as u enter one word it gives u the results

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:05 pm

avneet25 wrote:this doesnt index ur files right.. i mean when u search for a file ..it actually does the seraching at that time.. it doesnt index in advance.. ..i have been useing a software named avafind.. its pretty good..has indexing feature(nothing compared to windows one.. which sucks) and is bloody fast.. assoon as u enter one word it gives u the results
No it doesn't index which is exactly why I like it. I don't want a bunch of appz constantly running in the background scanning and monitoring my drives while I am working, and for a non-indexing search tool Ransack is by far the fastest I have ever tried.

As I said, this is one of my two fave search tools. The other I use is Locate32, but I only have it configged to index once a day so I don't have to have it idling in the background munching my system resources. I use Locate32 for most searches and it is way better IMO than AvaFind (and way more controllable also) but for quick searches for files I know were made or modded since my last Locate index I use Ransack. I was planning to make an addon for Locate32 also.

And yanno how it goes... if ya don't like the software then don't install the fookin thing. I provide plenty of information on all my releases and links to the product websites so y'all can go research the stuff for yourselves and make your own adult decisions as to whether it suits you or not. Different strokes for different folks, etc etc

If you've got a fave software you think does a better job than this then stop critiscising what others release (or request) and go make yours into an addon to share for peeps who would like an alternative choice for that kind of utility.

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:31 pm

Mrs peel will u relax..i didnt criticise u anywher in the post ... u hav reading problems or something.. before shouting about anything ..think b4 wat u type....i never said that program was hopless...

And yanno how it goes... if ya don't like the software then don't install the fookin thing. I provide plenty of information on all my releases and links to the product websites so y'all can go research the stuff for yourselves and make your own adult decisions as to whether it suits you or not. Different strokes for different folks, etc etc

If you've got a fave software you think does a better job than this then stop critiscising what others release (or request) and go make yours into an addon to share for peeps who would like an alternative choice for that kind of utility.

damn u having PMS or wat

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:46 pm

I didn't critisized your work either, I said what I used...
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:47 pm

DisabledTrucker wrote:I didn't critisized your work either, I said what I used...
same heer

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:56 pm

avneet25 I often see you making flippant replies to members on this board to stuff peeps have posted or requested and it's getting a bit tired yanno.

For example replies like this one where a member has asked for a utility that he might prefer better than the ones whch are already made into addons and you slapped him down for his request, or this one where you felt compelled to say somebody else had done it before, or this one where you felt compelled to critiscise the choice of upload location.

These kinds of constant niggly comments towards members are like a constant grinding noise in the background and can become very demoralising after a while yanno, so maybe it is YOU should stop to think before you type for a change.

And you can dispense with your putrid sexist PMS wisecracks as well because women are really sick and tired of hearning crap like that from creepy males like you.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:04 pm

:lol:, OK children, let's all play nicely now :P
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Stellvia12

Post by Stellvia12 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:41 am

Question, does anyone know when it's going to be back up? It's been a week already.
FYI GUNDAM SEED Destiny DVD 3-4 ARE COMING OUT SOON!!! Scratch that its out....

harriscs

Post by harriscs » Wed May 09, 2007 11:06 am

Hello all and congratulations to the addon maker for his good job. I have installed this addon (among many others) and indeed this "Agent Ransack" seems to be a very fast search engine. But I couldn't find any option for a very useful (to me) feature: "Open containing folder". Can someone who knows better than me this program verify it? I think that I am not missing any relative option, but I want to be sure. Personally, I am using this "Open containing folder" feature a lot from the default Windows search engine. Thanks.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks for the thanks harriscs. Sorry dude but I simply don't have time to offer tech support for the software I build my addons from - that is what the authors home site is for ;)

Here's an update which includes uninstaller and extra shortcut in startmenu cos I use it a LOT 8)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:19 am

Minor update so uninstaller will work with XP Home as well....

bhazlewood

Post by bhazlewood » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:23 am

Got a 404 error when trying the link

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:01 pm

bhazlewood wrote:Got a 404 error when trying the link
Your very first post here since you joined last year and it had to be a complaint instead of a thank you?

How many other files have you leeched here during this time with never a word of acknowledgement to the workers in this place?

Sheeesh

:rolleyes:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:19 pm

Oh, and yeh I rebuilt optional components section so it hides properly in Windows Components Wizard ;)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:56 am

Fixed entries file....

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:34 am

Minor change to improve startmenu shortcut install method by using a rick trick....

Do I have to make a 404 error on the link to get the only reply I have had to this release post in the last friggin 15 months?????

bhazlewood

Post by bhazlewood » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Well I don't visit the site all that often, so I just now came back to check the add-on. Thank you for your oh-so-kind welcome. :rolleyes:

And despite your assumptions about the reason for my earlier post, I appreciate your efforts. I wasn't complaining, I was providing information about a possible broken link. I thought most people would appreciate being told that something wasn't working properly, instead of it being left to languish.