Duplicate File Finder v220.127.116.11
SIZE: 855 KB
Description: Find duplicate files on your hard drive.
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Title: Dupe File Finder
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Utilities\DupeFind"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal settings
Duplicate File Finder
Duplicate File Finder (DFF) is a freeware utility. There are no nag screens, delays or limitations in DFF. There are no spyware or ad-ware components that get installed with DFF. There is no warranty, implied or expressed. If you delete critical system files in Windows, System32 or the Program Files folder using this utility than it is not my responsibility.
* Works on Windows NT (any version), Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows 2003.
* Simple installation program with un-installer included.
* Easy to use graphical user interface.
* No nag screens or delays of any kind.
* No ad-ware / spyware or other "hidden features".
* No limitations on number of files, file size, folders or drives.
* Ability to search for duplicate files on the local PC and over the network.
* Works with all removable media devices such as floppy disk, CD/DVD ROM, USB devices, etc.
* Search any folder or drive combinations for duplicate files.
* Drag & drop folders or shortcuts that need to be scanned for duplicates or select from the directory treeview.
* Load & save different search profiles.
* Last used search profile automatically saved on program exit and automatically reloaded on next program execution.
* Last 9 search/saved profiles available in file menu for easy access.
* Fast search algorithm with various search options.
* Safe comparison of files using CRC32 checksums (when the content only or content & name options are used).
* Option to protect files found in specific search folders from deletion. This can be accessed from "Blocked Folders" option in search results display or through the menu option.
* Option to ignore certain folders from scanning. Recycle bin, System volume information, and windows folders are ignored by default settings. The ignored folders can be access through the "Folder Exclusion List" button or through the menu.
* Detailed, color-coded list of found files (name, path, size, modified date/time).
* Several options on list of found files (for example: open "target" folder, execute file, etc.)
* Option to mark/unmark all files in a directory.
* Option to mark all files with more than one extension (as requested).
* Files are always sent to Recycle Bin when deleted.
* Option to move marked files to another folder with an option to preserve the path of the original file.
* If a file could not be moved or deleted (if it is being used by another user or process) then the color and font style of the file is changed to reflect that.
* Option to export search results to comma delimited text file, HTML-table, Rich Text Format (RTF) or a plain text file.
* Option to save the search results. Search results can be reloaded later through the file menu or hitting CTRL-L keys.
* Option to search for files that are accessed, created or modified on or after a certain date range.
* Customizable color scheme for duplicate files found.
* Option to turn the grid lines on and off for the search results
* Option to disable the screen saver while the search is in progress.
* Open windows explorer in a duplicate file's directory to check the contents of the folder/file.
* Expandable file type search filters.
* Multiple simultaneous file filters.
* Image preview for graphic files (Supported formats: BMP, EMF, GIF, ICO, JPEG, PNG, and WMF).
* Mark and delete/move all duplicate files.
* Displays drive space that would be free from deleting marked files.
* Statistics for duplicate files, disk space used by duplicate files and number of duplicate files.
* Statistics for amount of hard disk space that would be free by deleting duplicates.
* Match by file content (CRC-32 comparison).
* Match by file content and name (CRC-32 comparison + name matching).
* Match by file name and size.
* Match by file name only.
* Match by file size only.
* Skip zero length files (set the minimum size to 1 byte).
* Search for files matching a date (modified, created or accessed) range.
* Turn subdirectory scanning on or off.
* Turn scanning of hidden/system files and folders on or off.
Enjoy (or not)
[Edit 2006/02/25] A new version has been released. Updated from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
[Edit 2006/03/12] Permission granted by author (very big thanks to Nologic!!) and download link reinstated.
[Edit 2007/08/09] Rebuilt with uninstaller
[Edit 2007/08/10] Minor change to post-cleanup