[Abandoned] .net 1.1 & 2 integration addon.

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
dgelwin

[Abandoned] .net 1.1 & 2 integration addon.

Post by dgelwin » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:54 pm

http://addons.ryanvm.net/dgelwin/addon_ ... gelwin.cab (54.5MB)
MD5 = 19B6F5F4D9F2A9F09F5F823EFEDFF131

i need some testing on different machines. its not perfect there are still some things that i need to fix up, and some that im fixing right now.

but either way please let me know any and every problem you have.

--edit forgot the details, this is a direct integration addon that contains dotnet 1.1 and 2.0.
-note, there are some repeated files in the cab that make it a little bloated, that will be fixed in the final release.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:53 am

just a last note, plz do not download just out of curiosity, my bandwidth limit is almost up, and i need beta testers to work out the final kinks in the addon b4 the final release

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:25 am

Is this one compatible with windows 2000 pro? If so I will be happy to test for you on that OS.

Just my 2 cents, but yanno peeps are just going to want to download this out of curiosity so maybe you should remove the link and ask beta testers to PM you for it? I know how much it sucks to have limited bandwidth and get your server raped by peeps who don't take that into consideration ;)

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:10 am

Integration went fine, and testing on a mid range pc now, will post results later

edit

everything went fine until this error at T13

Code: Select all

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
Hope this helps you, i'll be more than willing to test again for you.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:25 am

err...it's on my server
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:57 am

Will test and report

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:59 am

warrior1109 wrote:Integration went fine, and testing on a mid range pc now, will post results later

edit

everything went fine until this error at T13

Code: Select all

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
Hope this helps you, i'll be more than willing to test again for you.
thanx for the find, im curious as to what version of xp your using, but either way i switched that command to run at first boot instead of during setup, that way it wont cause the error, either way i only run that command in order to recreate the asp.net admin user for dotnet, so im figuring most people will delete that regestry values from my addon anyhow lol.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:00 am

@ryan thanx for hosting the addon, i greately appreciate it. :D

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:05 am

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 with RVMUpdatePack2.0.3, I will test again and report later today. :)

Denney

Post by Denney » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:15 am

I'm getting the same error as warrior1109 and I'm running XP Pro SP2 VLM with RVMUpdatePack2.0.3 aswell.

Also, although probably not a supported configuration but trying to run a .NET application from cmdlines.txt doesn't appear to work either. The program will run after setup is complete but won't during setup.

The program used to be coded in .NET v1.1 and was run after adding .NET v1.1 to SVCPACK and it ran fine. The program has been upgraded to .NET v2.0 and I was hoping this direct integration would fix the ".NET v2.0 cannot be run from SVCPACK" problems we've been having.

Does your integration run anything AFTER cmdlines.txt that could influence it not working correctly??

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:20 pm

dgelwin wrote: thanx for the find, im curious as to what version of xp your using, but either way i switched that command to run at first boot instead of during setup, that way it wont cause the error, either way i only run that command in order to recreate the asp.net admin user for dotnet, so im figuring most people will delete that regestry values from my addon anyhow lol.
Windows XP Pro SP2 with RVMUpdatePack2.0.3.
I have downloaded and tried again, only to come up with the same thing again.
:(
But after clicking "OK" the installation continues and dotnet is installed, seems to be all good, just that error popping up at T13.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 pm

Yep I get the same error. But install is fine from there.

I even installed NLite and ran Nlite from the windows install. :)

I tried to uninstall v2.0 with no prob. But when I tried to uninstall 1.1 it said I could not "Another version of this product is installed..."
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:27 pm

@siginet, yeah i know it sucks that .net 1.1 wont uninstall, i screwed up the reg entries for the uninstall string by accident, (it points to the wrong msi file). i will fix that before next release.

@RaveRod2, check the cmdent folder, those are reg entries which are needed for programs to run, unfortunately seeing as how i cant mimic the way the source drive leter is followed by a "|" from inf only from cmd thats why i placed it in runonceex therefore those reg entries get installed after cmdlines.txt. browse the cmdent folder to see what im talking about.
---note thanx to dark dragon in the inf programing forums at osrline i think i have found a way to get these reg entries installed just before cmdlines.txt is executed, i will test this and get back to everyone on the results.

@warrior1109, in order to solve your problem in the new version i will place the command for creating asp.net user for running at first boot instead of during guisetup(for some strange reason that program will not run from the Default.\System user which is who is loged during windows setup(go figure)) i placed the command for the creation of asp.net user in two places in the inf file. in the newest version i will move both those entries to the very bottom, so that way those who do not want .net user can simply delete those reg settings in the inf and save it to their i386 dir before creating iso.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:29 pm

please if anyone found any other error, please let me know so i can try fix as many as possible before releasing next version.

Denney

Post by Denney » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 am

dgelwin wrote:check the cmdent folder, those are reg entries which are needed for programs to run, unfortunately seeing as how i cant mimic the way the source drive leter is followed by a "|" from inf only from cmd thats why i placed it in runonceex therefore those reg entries get installed after cmdlines.txt. browse the cmdent folder to see what im talking about.
---note thanx to dark dragon in the inf programing forums at osrline i think i have found a way to get these reg entries installed just before cmdlines.txt is executed, i will test this and get back to everyone on the results.
I haven't been able to get it to work properly. The cmdent.cmd file is run BEFORE cmdlines.txt because I have another program that runs at cmdlines and it runs AFTER I get that aspnet_regiis.exe error... :S

I tried adding the cmdent.cmd file to the $OEM$ folder and in cmdlines.txt before my program and it runs the command file but it still won't execute the .NET program... I'm lost at the moment... :S

Other than that, I have put both .NET v1.1 and v2.0 through there paces on our test clients and they work flawlessly with many of the .NET programs we use daily.

CONGRATS on the work!!

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:12 pm

RaveRod2, ive updated the addon, i havent tried installing .net apps during install, so i would like if you could test that out for me on the next release.

apart from that i would like to thank everyone very much for your help in testing this addon, i hope the next release solves the errors found, and if all goes well with next release i will clean up the code in the inf and add details to explain some of the quirky filenames that i use, and change the fact that my name appears in some of the reg entries, again thanks lumina for reminding me. and release the final.

Denney

Post by Denney » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:39 am

Just to clarify, have you released the updated version or is it still coming?? I'm confused because of the "ive updated the addon" and then the "on the next release" parts of your reply... :S

I'll gladly test the updated release as soon as it's available.

john2003

Post by john2003 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:48 am

Dgelwin,

Just wanted to give you some feedback......I removed all traces of the aspnet_regiis.exe and added a dword to the uninstall string to give the apperance of a "fresh install" in the add and remove componets all is fine and no errors thanks......

assuming that aspnet_regiis.exe creates the user account and thats it right?

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm

john2003, thats all i use it for, but you should not remove all traces of it especially in the reg entries, because aspnet_regiis.exe, is also used to autofix most errors which can occur within the dotnet framework.

RaveRod2, yes i have updated the addon, no i have not uploaded the updated one, im a little nit picky, as siginet can tell you i love to break addons and programs, so i always try my best to break my addons while testing, then i fix any little changes i can then i release. as for approximate release date of update, i would love to say that will be tonight, but unfortunately i have the night shift at work tonight, and i have exams friday, so in most likelyhood, i will upload it friday afternoon around 6pm central american time.

Denney

Post by Denney » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:43 pm

Kool. No probs dgelwin.

Good luck on the exams.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:43 am

luck isnt needed im pretty sure im gonna flunk either way, but thats to be expected when you takea week and a half off for beeing sick, then take another week and a half off to break in your new gaming system. my goal now is to flunk with the best note possible. :lol:

Denney

Post by Denney » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:22 am

lol. ok then. um... good luck with making it to the exams then...

Good to see your priorities are in order. :P Don't you just hate getting new computers.... :)

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 am

I can mirror if you need a host for future versions.

I'm actually working on setting up a website to host all of these cute little program addons and whatnot. :D

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:54 pm

@dumpydooby, i may take you up on that. it would help alieve some of ryans bandwidth from beeings consumed.

Denney

Post by Denney » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:59 am

Man I hate time zone differences... It's 6PM Friday here in Aus. I'm dying to get my hands on this update.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:16 pm

jum, i might not get this up tonight, so if your waiting on the update, plz be patient. i am currently cleaning up my machine, it was running really slow and in need of a format.
ill get back with any info on when release will be.

techtype

Post by techtype » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:03 pm

dgelwin wrote:jum, i might not get this up tonight, so if your waiting on the update, plz be patient. i am currently cleaning up my machine, it was running really slow and in need of a format.
ill get back with any info on when release will be.
We'll live even though we're dying for this one. As pennance you should do Adobe Acrobat next!

Denney

Post by Denney » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:16 pm

That's fine. I can wait. You take your time and get the update out when you're ready.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:35 pm

adobe acrobat, dont think so i dont like it. personally my preference is xables foxit addon in my own installs(because i will never uninstall it), and kels foxit in my distrubution installs.

my next task after this one is update msn messenger addon then after that back to work and studies, most probably do a msn messenger live addon but only once it hits final.

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:13 pm

I'm gonna have a crack at acrobat.

Denney

Post by Denney » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:00 am

Any news on the progress of the update?

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:54 am

yup update is finished as soon as i have time i will upload it, i have been a little busy lately and havent had time, right now its like 5am down here and im just getting home, ive been the night shift at work and sleeping all day.

Denney

Post by Denney » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:20 pm

Sweet. Can't wait for this release. This is the only thing stopping me from re-installing my entire network.

Denney

Post by Denney » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:58 am

I don't know if this will help at all but I moved my .NET v2.0 program from CMDLINES.txt and added it to the NETFXD.INF file to be called after the cmdent.cmd file. Rather than it not running, I now get the following error:

UOSNI.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
could not be loaded.

I have the unfortunate feeling that the computer needs to be restarted (eg, once setup finishes) before these .NET Frameworks become usable.

techtype

Post by techtype » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:23 am

While dgelwin is sleeping, did anyone figure out how to get rid of that t-13 error properly? Editing the inf did not kill it and I don't see it in cmdent.cmd.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:57 pm

dgelwin: how much smaller do you think you'll be able to make this addon? Right now, it's hard to justify ~55MB when the two switchless installers combined are only 27MB :P

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:40 pm

RyanVM wrote:dgelwin: how much smaller do you think you'll be able to make this addon? Right now, it's hard to justify ~55MB when the two switchless installers combined are only 27MB :P
It's a little bit different if his is overwriting files, right?

Best thing to do would be to check filesize before and after integration. But he did mention that there's a lot of repeated files. *shrug*

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:14 pm

.NET isn't on the XP CD, so it would be all new files.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 pm

jum lets see, im trying to get it smaller. lot of repeated files, but that isnt my main priority right now, right now i just want to make sure it works and works perfectly. after that i will bring down the size a bit, but im still unsure if i can get it under 40 mbs.

also ryan is correct .net contains all new files. none are currently on an xp install.

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:31 am

Well, if you get it all worked out, you can use 7z compression and have it decompress the files, right?
(check your recent VS release for more info on what I mean)

Then you could have a cmd run the inf files to enter registry information and whatnot. I don't know much ... well I don't know anything, really, about the .NET Framework(s). But it seems like that could work.

In either case, I'd like to see your work in a 7zip or switchless installer, if possible. I think it would be a really helpful li'l program. :)

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:35 am

These are the duplicate files:

SetupENU1.txt.d3 3218986BE2D4D337E075AE03CCEB9766
SetupENU2.txt.d3 3218986BE2D4D337E075AE03CCEB9766

regsvcs.exe.config.d2 178538C50E21FB4FCF6B091DB4B254D2
regsvcs.exe.rtm.config.d2 178538C50E21FB4FCF6B091DB4B254D2

_NetworkingPerfCounters.h.d4 41BCD3CC51876AD58835DA1FBB266601
_NetworkingPerfCounters.h.d3 41BCD3CC51876AD58835DA1FBB266601

_dataperfcounters.h.d3 0CE0DFBB4A007F40A0EC3BE1CAA4B3AC
_DataPerfCounters.h.d4 0CE0DFBB4A007F40A0EC3BE1CAA4B3AC

web_minimaltrust.config.default.d4 92B40215911FE5A516D50E6C0002CD40
web_minimaltrust.config.d4 92B40215911FE5A516D50E6C0002CD40

web_minimaltrust.config.default.d3 3F2034164C5877F80734492562D68D4A
web_minimaltrust.config.d3 3F2034164C5877F80734492562D68D4A

web_lowtrust.config.default.d4 6C4C98105BA5A9874C65A5A2CDA49288
web_lowtrust.config.d4 6C4C98105BA5A9874C65A5A2CDA49288

web_lowtrust.config.default.d3 97C71D429913959FC1D0687E0D9D6CDE
web_lowtrust.config.d3 97C71D429913959FC1D0687E0D9D6CDE

web_mediumtrust.config.default.d4 D0D3ADE901E2CAEC49E0DBBB19C41348
web_mediumtrust.config.d4 D0D3ADE901E2CAEC49E0DBBB19C41348

web_mediumtrust.config.default.d3 45E1BC418F99974EF464E13E35009328
web_mediumtrust.config.d3 45E1BC418F99974EF464E13E35009328

web_hightrust.config.default.d3 1D0E50C9C574ACE49E3DC8EF0781192E
web_hightrust.config.d3 1D0E50C9C574ACE49E3DC8EF0781192E

web_hightrust.config.default.d4 BB6010333BF6B42BF4EBE2468F4BECE9
web_hightrust.config.d4 BB6010333BF6B42BF4EBE2468F4BECE9

machine.config.d4 BE80D23562F83D726C2FDE63672599C2
machine.config.default.d4 BE80D23562F83D726C2FDE63672599C2

mscorsn.dll.d1 4C2BB0E88229D59C276D7EA31951EB5B
mscorsn.dll.d3 4C2BB0E88229D59C276D7EA31951EB5B

ksc.nlp.d3 F6DFDA5A31162D848634504565F6D321
ksc.nlp.d4 F6DFDA5A31162D848634504565F6D321
Last edited by keytotime on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

techtype

Post by techtype » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:46 pm

dgelwin wrote:jum lets see, im trying to get it smaller. lot of repeated files, but that isnt my main priority right now, right now i just want to make sure it works and works perfectly.
Well, you've done a hell of a job already. I changed your method of running cmdent.cmd and cleaned up a few uninstall strings. (Got rid of the dotnet user too and along the way was amazed at all your work) Then I decided to see how close it would be to a regular install. I ran both Regsnap and Advanced Registry Tracer to monitor first a DotNet 1.1 and then a DotNet 2.0 install over the top of yours. Neither found any significant differences in files or registry entries. Wow!! :D :D
Last edited by techtype on Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xpmaniac4ever

Post by xpmaniac4ever » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:17 pm

Any progress, dgelwin ?
An idiot tries 2 maintain order..A genius can control chaos

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:37 pm

i wont use any compression besides cab for the reason that i am trying to directly integrate these packs, and the only way to decompress would be either svcpack or runonce. and allthough they would work and install the addon, it still would not be able to install programs which require dotnet to install.

luckily thanx to kel i found a way to make the addon much smaller, that presented an extra advantage i was unaware of at first, it solves the problem mentioned above (for net 1.1 applications) i hope to see weather i can duplicate this for 2.0,

@techtype, i will be online sunday in messenger after 3 pm C.A. time, if you have me in messenger, i would appreciate any help i can get on this addon. I will send you all updated materials i have from the latest release plus the fix i got from kels information, and hopefully by then a fix for 2.0. this way im hoping that if your willing and seeing as how i dont have that much time lately, that with your help it will be finished much faster.

CMan

Post by CMan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:36 pm

I've started having "common language runtime debugging services" when i try to run Catalyst Control Centre and AutoCAD 2006.

I googled it and found that it is affiliated with .Net Framework...

can't really give many more details except that i wasn't having this problem before testing with this addon

Another bug i noticed was that I can't uninstall 1.1, it complains that another version of the product is installed and to use control panel to remove that version first even i was using control panel in the first place

xpmaniac4ever

Post by xpmaniac4ever » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:46 am

Any progress ?

Anxiously expecting this pack. :)

CMan

Post by CMan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:03 pm

I reformatted and used my old unattended 1.1 and 2.0 installers and no longer have the problems with either program or with installrite making snapshots for that matter

sorry i can't help say what caused the problem but just let me know if you need more info and i can do my best

xpmaniac4ever

Post by xpmaniac4ever » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:10 am

Kel ?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:36 am

No way man this one is waaaay above my head.

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:13 pm

Where's the progress at on the next update to this pack or has it been abandoned?
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!