How many is too much? Addons that is.

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Sanjay
I can't read

How many is too much? Addons that is.

Post by Sanjay » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:52 pm

What is a safe number of addon packs to integrate into an Unattended DVD? Is there a limit or can we pretty much integrate as many as we would like? I currently have around 29 addons in addition to Ryan's Update Pack 2.0.4 I use only RyanVM's Integrator and do not use nLIte at all.

My main reason for asking this is that i have run into a 'Windows File Protection Error' problem and I was wondering if the high number of addons may have had anything to do with it.

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:05 pm

The Window File Protection error is due to to many cat files, not to many addon's. You should be able to use as many addon's as you want.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:09 pm

keytotime wrote:The Window File Protection error is due to to many cat files, not to many addon's. You should be able to use as many addon's as you want.
Since the only things I am integrating are RyanVM's Update Pack 2.0.4 and the addon packs, how come I am having this problem of too many 'cat' files? Is there solution to this? Also then based on what you said everyone that is integrating RyanVM's Update pack 2.0.4 should be having this problem, right?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:25 pm

No there is no problem with too many cat files anymore. There hasn't been an issue like that in a long time.

Can you upload your log file somewhere and post it here. You may be using a faulty addon as well.

Anyone can make an addon... so there's allways a chance that an addon can be bad. If you find a bad addon... please find the addon's thread and make a note of the problem there.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Stellvia12

Post by Stellvia12 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:35 am

Just for those ppl out there who have stange problems, here's some time saving tips.

TIP 1
If you believe you have too many addons add them in order (make sure they are tested) add them in with priority I.E:

1) RVMUpdatePack2.0.4.cab
2) Removal_LANG_DirDeleteAddon_v1.1
3) Removal_WINNTUPG_DirDeleteAddon_v1.2
4) RVMAddonsSFC_1.0.cab
5) RVMAddonsTCPIP_1.1.cab
6) Kels_Runtimes_Lite_addon_v1.1.CAB

It just comes from experience of what you should and shouldn't install 1st

TIP 2

Modify your windows with nLite for tweaks and etc then run it through the RVM integrater. Yes even if you recompress the driver.cab RVM will be able to read it and recompress it, only it will take longer to integrate.

TIP 3
Beware of SFC, I usually disable it before doing anything. And then remove cats.

TIP 4
If for some reason your addons are only doing a few, this means all your silent switched appz are going in but your dosnet (the new method ppl preffer now) enteries are being currupted or over written because 1 little addon.

TIP 5
have VMware handy, I cannot stress this enough, test your addons first or they will screw up the rest (took me 2 months to fix this little prob) with trial and error.

EDIT:
Jeez my spelling/ grammer is so bad... I'm not going to even bother to fix it (6th time)
Last edited by Stellvia12 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
FYI GUNDAM SEED Destiny DVD 3-4 ARE COMING OUT SOON!!! Scratch that its out....

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:55 am

I integrated 77 addons all in one step in my last nLite build and everything worked AOK. That being said however, they were all my own personal addons and so I know that there were no file name collisions or addon pack errors in them.

So I can verify it is possible to integrate the entire Mrs P collection together in either XP 2000 or 2003, but I cannot verify if there might be conflicts with slipstreamed hotfixes or addons made by other pack makers which may be incompatible with some Mrs P addon.

Hehehe, you should send all your addons to Stellvia12 to test for you... he is a bloodhound at sniffing out broken addon packs.... we are considering hiring him as our Quality Control Officer ;)

PS: if you are using MrsP addons please make sure you downloaded latest versions of them all I released last week.