[Removed] CPL Overdose 1.7 - CNC

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Locked
Nico
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:26 pm

[Removed] CPL Overdose 1.7 - CNC

Post by Nico » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:26 am

REMOVED - Please ADMIN could you close and delete this thread. Yhanks for your hard work.
Last edited by Nico on Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nite0859
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:43 pm
Location: West Texas

Post by nite0859 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:17 pm

Nice.

FlyingGleek
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:13 pm

Post by FlyingGleek » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:23 pm

Nico, thank you very much for this nice addon!

Couple of questions: First, if I install Kel's Uber pack (v6.5) and Kels' CPL Bonus pack (v2.9) will everything 'play' nice with each other?

Second, are all these updated versions of every program (and will you be keeping them up to date)?

Thanks in advance for a gratefully received new 'Uber' pack.

Cheers!

Nico
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:26 pm

Post by Nico » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:44 pm

To FlyingGleek

1. Yes you can install both together without trouble.
2. The program include in the CPL Addon are up to date and will be update when needed...

enjoy

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:11 pm

Man this is very uncool. You never talked to all of us about combining our packs (Which we all do to each-other as a courtesy of each-other. Do you own CPL file maker so you can release these CPL extensions? Also I took some of these CPL's outta my addon for good reasons. I am very against this addon and encourage others not to use it.

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:38 pm

Plus I see you are using some old addons and have completly broken the 8.3 naming rule.

Nico
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:26 pm

Post by Nico » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:01 am

1. In order to have CPL and CPI file, I use an HEX editor

2. . Instead of asking to you and to all the great guys here the permission to repack (and sometimes correct), I decide to put greetings on the post and the most links leading to the original thread.

3. You have your reasons to remove some CPL, I have mine to keep them, people just have to open the cab and to remove the files they don't want as well editing the inf file, it's a matter of minute to do it.

4. The 8.3 naming rules isn't really a problem, I build unattend ISO since 2 years and I never suffer of it, sorry, but for me it's a pure DOS problem, so it can only append during first install part, when the install copy the file and the disk. to avoid problem, I set my ISO properties to support 221 lower case characters with a pure ISO9660 format.

6. I found some of the old CPL addons very usefull so I like to have them... like the DirectX CPL (even with grayed options), even if I known it's useless !

7. The pack is called overdose for a good reason...

8. And sorry again...

User avatar
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Aotearoa
Contact:

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:22 am

Nico wrote:1. In order to have CPL and CPI file, I use an HEX editor
Rubbish! I pulled your pack apart and found many cpi files which match the hashcheck of the same files in the original packs you took.
Nico wrote:2. Instead of asking to you and to all the great guys here the permission to repack (and sometimes correct), I decide to put greetings on the post and the most links leading to the original thread.
Us "great guys" here had to ask for permission from the orginal software authors for a number of the packs you took and included in your pack and if you had the decency to ask us about it first we could have informed you of that fact.
Nico wrote:3. You have your reasons to remove some CPL, I have mine to keep them, people just have to open the cab and to remove the files they don't want as well editing the inf file, it's a matter of minute to do it.
Some of the addons that have been removed from the board recently were done so for very good reason because we found out later they violated the authors license agreement and if you had the decency to ask us about it first we could have informed you of that fact.
Nico wrote:4. The 8.3 naming rules isn't really a problem, I build unattend ISO since 2 years and I never suffer of it, sorry, but for me it's a pure DOS problem, so it can only append during first install part, when the install copy the file and the disk. to avoid problem, I set my ISO properties to support 221 lower case characters with a pure ISO9660 format.
The 8:3 naming rules ARE a problem for some users with some OS's. Many of the people here who download addon packs are not advanced users like yourself and would not know how to make that modification so your addon would have BROKEN their installations.
Nico wrote:6. I found some of the old CPL addons very usefull so I like to have them... like the DirectX CPL (even with grayed options), even if I known it's useless !
Some of the addons you used in your pack were older obsolete addon versions which were not working properly and if you had the decency to ask us about it first we could have informed you of that fact.
Nico wrote:7. The pack is called overdose for a good reason...
And I call you rude for a very good reason.

Xable
Posts: 981
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 6:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Xable » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:24 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Man this is very uncool. You never talked to all of us about combining our packs
Ah comon kel.. i don`t recall you contacting anyone when you put the uber pack together, certainly not me anyway, and you still use other ppl`s addons to update it. Unlocker is one example.. office update engine is another.

Don`t get me wrong i`m not complaining, it is easyer to grab a file from a ready made addon. I have no problem with that, but don`t go preaching to ppl about it when you do it yourself ;)

You do have a point though it is cool to at least ask.

Nico, IMO there`s no harm done here just next time show a little courtesy, i`m sure kel and anyone else who had a hand in what you`ve included doesn`t have a problem with you bringing back your uber cpl pack.

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:52 am

Alright I was wrong on that but I have learned from my previous rudeness and I am not against an addon that combines all of the CPL packs. But some of those addons are now in direct violation of eulas and cannot be redistrubuted hence why I removed a couple of mine.

User avatar
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Aotearoa
Contact:

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 am

Xable wrote:Ah comon kel.. i don`t recall you contacting anyone when you put the uber pack together, certainly not me anyway, and you still use other ppl`s addons to update it.
Awwwww X, Kel always asks me each time he wants to include an addon/update of mine in one his uber packs.

I guess he's just not as scared of thee as he is of Mrs P :lol:

Xable
Posts: 981
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 6:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Xable » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:58 am

LOL, couldn`t care less just seemed a bit rich that`s all.

haha scared.. nah obviously just has more respect for you than thee. :lol:

avneet25
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:25 am
Location: Fiji Islands
Contact:

Post by avneet25 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:41 pm

umm this ended very quickly.. but the pack was a good one for some ppl.. ..anyways better luck next tine

User avatar
glent
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: UK

Post by glent » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:52 am

if its ok to ask lol, what was included in the pack?

avneet25
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:25 am
Location: Fiji Islands
Contact:

Post by avneet25 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:37 am

all the cpls avaialbe in this forum.. since kel removed sum of the cpl dues to license and stufss.. he composed one which had everything in it

User avatar
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Aotearoa
Contact:

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:14 am

If an addon has been removed from this board because it violates licensing agreements then it should NOT be reposted here by any other member until such time as the proper consent has been saught from the software author.

Didn't we already learn this lesson over the Systernals licensing affair we had recently? Sheeeesh! :rolleyes:

ron2024
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:58 am
Location: IL

Post by ron2024 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:02 am

License, seems like some of you(ppl releasing Addons, won't say names right now)like to
pick & choose which part of the "License" you feel like honoring. Eg... Author's usual
minimum license, "If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in the
distribution package, without any modification !" &/or something real similar to that.
What I'm finding, missing readme's, missing help files, MISSING UNINSTALLERS, etc...
Some of the finger pointing I see going on here, dare I say is like the "kettle calling
the pot black". Now who's really claiming they following the Author's license?
Oh, but I'm just leaving out a few files, you don't really need that uninstaller anyway
& because I'm (pack/addon maker) choosing what gonna stay on your computer & if you chose
my addon you shouldn't remove it anyway. Thats some of load "BS".

TechnoHunter
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:13 am

Post by TechnoHunter » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:10 am

good friggin lord!! if you dont like the software made here NOTHING makes you use it.. in other words SHUT UP..
this thread got wildly out of order. It started with a release of software bundled together that did not ask permission.. key word.. permission of the authors on THIS list that made it!!

the authors of the software that IS still being offered for download HAS given permission (or stated so in the license)
Understand me, i see your point bout help files and whatnot BUT this thread and indeed this subject does NOT need to argued over any more!

the authors/people involved have made their statements and made their opinions known.. the author of this pack has REMOVED it.. let the damn thread DIE!

TechnoHunter

User avatar
RyanVM
Site Admin
Posts: 5190
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by RyanVM » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:28 am

Image

:lock:
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Locked