[Solved] Components not hiding

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Post Reply
kof94
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: UK

[Solved] Components not hiding

Post by kof94 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:21 pm

I have created a small addon pack to add the royale theme and setup runonceex via inf.

Royale is integrated via txtsetup.sif and runoncex through sysoc.inf.

Everything installs/runs fine except an entry left in add and remove components even though I've set it to hide.

Heres my entries.ini (Entries_SetUpd.ini)

Code: Select all

[general]
builddate		= 06/11/2006
description		= Windows Setup Update
language		= English
title			= Post Setup Tasks
version			= 1.5
website			= n/a

[sysoc]
SetUpd=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,setupd.inf,HIDE,7

[dosnet_files]
d1,royal_ss.dll
d1,royale.mst
d1,engyblis.jpg
d1,royale.the
d1,logon2.scr
d1,setupd.inf

[txtsetup_dirs]
500 = Resources\Themes\Royale\Shell\NormalColor
501 = Resources\Themes\Royale
502 = Web\Wallpaper

[txtsetup_files]
royal_ss.dll	= 100,,,,,,,500,0,0,ShellStyle.dll
royale.mst		= 100,,,,,,,501,0,0,Royale.msstyles
engyblis.jpg	= 100,,,,,,,502,0,0,EnergyBliss.jpg
royale.the		= 100,,,,,,,129,0,0,Royale.Theme
logon2.scr		= 100,,,,,,,2,0,0
setupd.inf		= 100,,,,,,,20,0,0
Heres my setud.inf

Code: Select all

[Version]
Signature=$Windows NT$

[Optional Components]
SetupUpdate

[SetupUpdate]
OptionDesc		= "Windows Setup Update"
Tip				= "Post Setup Tasks"
Modes			= 0,1,2,3
AddReg			= SetupUpdate.AddReg,Theme.AddReg

[SetupUpdate.AddReg]
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%",,0x00000012
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%",Flags,0x00010001,0x00000080
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\001",1,,"rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection SetupUpdate2 128 %17%\SetUpd.inf"

[SetupUpdate2]
AddReg	= SetupUpdate2.AddReg

[SetupUpdate2.AddReg]
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%",,0x00000012
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%",Title,0x00000000,"Windows Update"
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%",Flags,0x00010001,0x00000020
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\002",,,"BTS DriverPacks"
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\002",1,,"%24%\DPsFnshr.exe"
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\003",,,"Windows Post-Install Wizard"
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\003",1,,"%01%\..\WPI\WPI.hta"

[Theme.AddReg]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes","CustomInstallTheme",0x00020000,"%10%\Resources\Themes\Royale.Theme
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","WCreatedUser",0,"1"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","ThemeActive",0,"1"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","LoadedBefore",0,"1"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","LastUserLangID",0,"1033"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","DllName",0x00020000,"%SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","LMVersion",0,"103"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","ColorName",0,"NormalColor"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","SizeName",0,"NormalSize"

[SourceDisksNames]
01 = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

[strings]
cdname		= "AIO"
cdtagfile	= "\WIN51"
RunOnceEx	= "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx"
I've tried changing file names and entries but nothing works I'm still left with "Windows Setup Update" under components.

The only other packs I'm presently using are Ryan's update pack 2.1.3 and WMP 10 addon 2.9. I also use BTS DrverPacks and this is all running from my multi-boot disc.

Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by kof94 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jessry
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:57 pm
Location: Australia

Post by jessry » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:30 pm

The file name must be the same as the name used in optional components i have found, not sure if this is what your problem is here, but i have found that to be the problem in some of my addons.

Code: Select all

[sysoc] 
SetUpd=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,setupd.inf,HIDE,7 

Code: Select all

[Optional Components] 
SetUpd

[SetUpd] 
OptionDesc      = "Windows Setup Update" 
Give that a try, and see if it fixes the issue.

User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3214
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:34 pm

I did not know this thanks jessry

kof94
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: UK

Post by kof94 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:29 am

I'll test this and see!

Thanks for your reply jessry.

kof94
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: UK

Post by kof94 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:30 pm

@jessry

I finally tested your fix. By all accounts you are correct, my addon is now hidden.

I never realised this before, thankyou very much.

Problem solved :D .

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4621
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Very nice, jessry. I never realized there was a relationship between the SYSOC entry and the [Optional Components] title. I'm currently testing whether or not the filename has to match as well.

Either way, a very astute observation. :)

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:01 pm

OMG FINALLY! Thank you.

Post Reply