[REQUEST] Vista Transformation pack 6.0

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
arepie

[REQUEST] Vista Transformation pack 6.0

Post by arepie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:11 am

Hello, i've tried to make vista transformation pack 6.0 a cab, and modified the "VTP.SIF" file, to be unattended, but still i failed to install it during windows installation. Please anyone out there who managed to perform this help me.. thank you..

you may find the program here

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:54 am

Why would you want to make an addon out of it? It already has an option to patch the setup files in it...

arepie

Post by arepie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:19 am

errr... sorry, im not an advance yet.. theres still a lot things i don't know yet.. would you explain more.. thank you..

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:57 am

Yep first integrate Ryans Pack and if you use nlite for unattended copy the winnt.sif file that VTP created after you patched setup files and open it in notepad or copy it somewhere else on on your HDD (nlite will delete it if you dont)
Now nlite your disk and remove crap but after you finished open the NEW winnt.sif file that nlite created and add

Code: Select all

[GuiRunOnce]
"%SystemRoot%\System32\VITrans\vivp.exe"
EDIT: BTW vtp 6.0 is out http://www.windowsxlive.net/

arepie

Post by arepie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:43 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:Yep first integrate Ryans Pack and if you use nlite for unattended copy the winnt.sif file that VTP created after you patched setup files and open it in notepad or copy it somewhere else on on your HDD (nlite will delete it if you dont)
Now nlite your disk and remove crap but after you finished open the NEW winnt.sif file that nlite created and add

Code: Select all

[GuiRunOnce]
EDIT: BTW vtp 6.0 is out http://www.windowsxlive.net/
Okey, im going to try this way out.. but, can i add more than one item in [GuiRunOnce]? and does this mean, everything that i added in nlite will be copied to system32 folder? thank you..

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:57 pm

You can add more than one item under [GuiRunOnce] (example DPs Base adds an entrie)

vivp.exe is copied by VTP6 during the patching of the XP setup files, it needs to run during first logon depending on the difrent stuff you select it to patch/add example Themes, sidebar and other stuff

Dont worry about nLite instructions if you dont use it... That was just an example if you used nlite to make your CD unattended and remove stuff, if you want VTP6 to get installed correctly you have to follow my instructions

Its simple all you have to do is copy the WINNT.SIF file that VTP created and save it for later... now use nlite to make unattended and after you are done before you make iso just open the WINNT.SIF you made with nlite and add that line to it... leave the other stuff vtp put in the winnt.sif file its been obsoleted by the nlite entries (leave the red stuff out)
[Data]
MsDosInitiated = 0
UnattendedInstall = Yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = ProvideDefault
OemPreinstall = Yes

[GuiRunOnce]

arepie

Post by arepie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:08 pm

okey, i have test the step you suggested ricktendo64, but, i failed, i get confused somehow..

where should i add the vista transformation pack.exe? (i tried make the .exe and .sif of VTP in a .cab file and add it at "hotfixes and update pack", it somehow generate error like "detect windows NT file in cdrom drive").

i somehow add the guirunonce in the file located at i386\winnt.sif, it works, but it didn't found the target..

Should i add the VTP file in "ryanvm pack .7z archive" ?

if you really don't mind, would you make a step by step instruction, not only for me, but others who really need this.. i guess im really too much, but please help..

thank you..

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:43 pm

NOOOOOOOOO

Download VTP6
Copy your XP CD-Rom to the HDD
Apply RyanVM Updatepack to the XPCD
Run VTP6.exe and choose
Browse to your XP CD Files like you do with the integrator, hit next and it will patch the CD-Rom files on your HDD

Now when its finished go to where you copied your CD and do a search for WINNT.SIF (this is made by vtp6)
Copy it to your desktop
Now use nlite if you use it if not you can skip this and make your iso
Open the winnt.sif file on your desktop with notepad
Now go back to your XP CD files and do another search for winnt.sif (the new one nlite just made) and copy and paste the [guirunonce] part from the winnt.sif on your desktop generated by vtp to the nlite one

Now burn and test your iso

arepie

Post by arepie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 pm

okey.. im gonna try this.. thank you..

Spiritus

Post by Spiritus » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:08 am

I have Transformed files with VTP 5.5 (Dont use 6 cause it increase size of shell32.dll upto 25mb and quite buggy also) If you need those I could upload for you. These files upadted with RVMUpdate Pack 2.1.5a

arepie

Post by arepie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:30 am

Spiritus, thanks for the information, but is was too late.. i've integrated and install VTP 6, and yes, it was too buggy, so, now im trying to integrate VTP 5.5, i hope this time it works..

p/s: spiritus, i guess it's better if you upload the integrated VTP5.5 in ryan pack, maybe for other to use.. :) and please, no rapidshare.. hehe.. thanks

arepie

Post by arepie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:56 am

After include the file from VTP5.5, i create .iso file and boot, on the installation page which copying windows file, it says vmci.exe was error (copied incorrectly).. still hoping for Spiritus to save the day..

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:05 am

In using vtp 6 and yes it does make shell32 huge but ive had no bugs, maybe its because i dont check as manny options, I only transform the icons

And of course you got an error with vmci.exe using VTP5 the instructions i gave you are for 6 duh... And spiritus Ryan does not like persons modifying his pack and releasing it. I recomend you 2 do it via PM, change the name or something he does not want to be blamed for any of your foul ups

Spiritus

Post by Spiritus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:13 am

arepie wrote:Spiritus, thanks for the information, but is was too late.. i've integrated and install VTP 6, and yes, it was too buggy, so, now im trying to integrate VTP 5.5, i hope this time it works..

p/s: spiritus, i guess it's better if you upload the integrated VTP5.5 in ryan pack, maybe for other to use.. :) and please, no rapidshare.. hehe.. thanks
Here are the files:
http://www.savefile.com/files/404459

These files (Few dlls including shell32, mydocs etc., exes and cpls) Updated With Latest update pack and cabbed : Just extract and replace with your i386 files :D

arepie

Post by arepie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:08 pm

Here are the files:
http://www.savefile.com/files/404459

These files (Few dlls including shell32, mydocs etc., exes and cpls) Updated With Latest update pack and cabbed : Just extract and replace with your i386 files :D
Do you mean after replacing the files, vista transformation pack 5.5 will be installed?? what about the vivp.exe, vimc.exe and uxtheme.dll?? i cant find these file in your compress file.. but still.. i will try it somehow.. thanks for the file...

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:36 pm

@ arpie he only has the icons and stuff... the vivp installs extra stuff like themes and the sidebar and stuff

Spiritus

Post by Spiritus » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:48 am

ricktendo64 wrote:@ arpie he only has the icons and stuff... the vivp installs extra stuff like themes and the sidebar and stuff
Right! These are the files which VTP Patched for look your XP like Vista (Normaly Shell and Icons of few files. copy/paste/proccess dialouge etc.) I am not intrested in other things that VTP Install so I collected this much.
Other stuff like themes, sidebar, visual tooltip and patched files including UXTHEME, SFC_OS etc already availabe on this site

(edit) My Opinion (for myself :wink: ) : Instead of installing buggy software and play with your computer get it's extracts what you like. What I did and for other stuff believe in this forums addons....Tested...Trusted :D

spinejam

Post by spinejam » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:51 pm

just follow rick's instructions -- it worked fine for me -- no errors! :)
i5-750 @ 4.0 (200x20)
Asrock P55 Pro (bios 2.20)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
G.Skill RipJaws 1600Mhz 8 8 8 24 1T
Sapphire HD4870X2: 800core / 950ddr5 via RBE
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HD
2 Samsung SH-203N 20X DVD-RW Drives
CoolerMaster HAF-922 // Corsair TX650 PS
Hanns-G HG-281D 28" LCD

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:39 pm

hey Rick could you please help me on this.. am using WPI .. so can i call that %SystemRoot%\System32\VITrans\vivp.exe" from WPI.. plus on the setup screen wheer we have to choose the setup files do we have to check the check box regarding vista screens transformation.. wat does that option do..

i followed ur instruction.. but it ddint work.. wpi started and ened but notheing happend.. and when i manually ran the file once windows started .. nothing happened

please help

cheers

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:51 pm

Make sure you do the setup files transformation after you use Ryans Updatepack, Vista sceens transformation I think you are referring to the winntbbu.dll patching that XPizes (per-say) your XP Setup/Install Screen to a Vista Look

I don't know how much more I can explain but my Instructions above is all I have, there is not much more I can add to them... As for WPI I think it is possible but you have to had slipstreamed vtp6 first in order for vivp.exe to be present in the system32 folder.

BTW: vivp.exe is not the whole story its just a likde DPs Fininser it finishes up what the setup files patching could not accomplish such as themes and regsettings etc. So just running vivp.exe will not due,.

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:33 am

umm can someone please help .. my setup files are not getting patched.. vtp days its patched but .. its not .. after i install xp the icons are the same.. .. the shell32.dll file doesnt even get patched.. (confirmed using reshack)

Eiffel

Post by Eiffel » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:22 am

I've tried also VTP 6.0. Files are patched correctly - speaking about icon resources. But VTP 5.5 didn't patch the files, exactly as for you.
However, I've quit the ideea in using VTP for patching as the result is quite buggy.

As an question - have you placed the modifyPE in your sistem32 folder ? Is needed for VTP.

Spiritus

Post by Spiritus » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 am

avneet25 wrote:umm can someone please help .. my setup files are not getting patched.. vtp days its patched but .. its not .. after i install xp the icons are the same.. .. the shell32.dll file doesnt even get patched.. (confirmed using reshack)
Try again in Safe mode.....

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:36 pm

does it make a diffrence.. coz i am only patching setup files in a different folder .. am not patching the current system ..

anyway will give it a go..

thx

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:21 am

didnt work.. even in safe mode.. ok dats enuf for me .. wont even try vtp.. i kjust wish brico relase one new pack.. his previous ones are quite old.. and i dont like the peguine stuuf

james.faction

Post by james.faction » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:27 pm

Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 - I installed it, all options, it does increase shell32.dll size - but only to 9.5Mb! Normal size is 8.2Mb so not that much of a change. Certainly not to 25Mb. Yikes.

Did find it made my machine take longer to boot, and the blaero start orb that came with it is cack, it doesn't work very well. But apart from that it's a good pack, transforms almost all of xp into a vista look, and it's more customisable than vista or xp thanks to the included styler.