[Release] Internet Explorer 7 English w/Updates (v2.0.4a)

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:17 am

Thats weird IGIdeus. When did you get it? When you opened add/remove windows components or while windows setup? Can you give more info about your setup and cd preperation?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:46 am

In case sb needs this was the changelog for normal addon:
2007-04-17: v1.0.3a-->v1.0.3b: Just a version update. Nothing really changed.
2007-03-31: v1.0.3-->v1.0.3a: Tweaked the inf file. (more info here.)
2007-03-26: v1.0.2-->v1.0.3: Found a solution to bug that mr_smartepants reported here.
2007-03-01: v1.0.1-->v1.0.2: Corrected some codes in the inf.
2007-02-19: v1.0.0-->v1.0.1: Made RVM Update Pack 2.1.6 & 2.1.7 compatible.
And this one was the changelog for no-restart addon:
2007-04-17: v1.0.3a-->v1.0.3b: Fixed the User Accounts icon issue.
2007-03-31: v1.0.3-->v1.0.3a: Tweaked the inf file. (more info here.)
2007-03-26: v1.0.3: First release.
Both addons are updated to 104. Finally ,i think, all problems are solved. In no-restart addon, i edited ieuinit.inf file a bit, as 5eraph described here. Thanks so much for sharing.
In normal addon, i added a second inf file, that will replace inf file at first restart. That will solve all problems about this addon when new users created. (Tweaks and restart prompt)

*IE7 tweaks: I changed the tweak section, now you can use UserTweaks.AddReg section in both addons for your personal tweaks.

I tested normal addon but not no-restart addon. I'll bi gladful to hear about your feedbacks :wink:
nJoy ur life :D

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:21 am

thx, will try.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

tedhbrown

Post by tedhbrown » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:27 am

I just tried the new norestart addon and everything worked correctly. All of my tweaks have been applied as well.

Thanks MrNxDmX :)

Edit: :(

Well I didn't test this at first but decided to anyway. I created a new account and the tweaks were not applied. It didn't ask to restart though so that's good.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:05 am

tedhbrown wrote:Edit: :(

Well I didn't test this at first but decided to anyway. I created a new account and the tweaks were not applied.
Well :)
Tweaks neednt to be applied to second user account. Isnt it the way we need?

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:06 am

:shock:

Dude, I JUST reformatted... like one hour ago!! Crap!! :lol: :lol:

Hehehe... well, I guess I'll use v1.0.4 on my next XP cd. Although, truth be told, I never had any problems with 1.0.3 or 1.0.3b

Hope you stick with it!! I know the Turkish packs keeps you busy.

Great stuff!! :D :D

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:26 am

do you know for sure you got all ie reg entries fully configured because it may need some more reg entries in some cases, like when using some security software besides framework addons, ( just a theory )
so if you are integrating any AV security software with or without netfx, and getting errors,
post you're results, may help to figure out more .. and so we can soon declare this addon as a stable rls

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:40 am

Hello,

In your original post you mention the updates you include in your add-on are:
  • KB928089
    KB929726
    KB929969
Is KB928089 a typo, KB928090 replaces KB928089 entirely and I've seen you mention you're using IERNONCE.DL_ from KB928090 in one of your responses - I'm confused?

Also, is there a way to suppress the restart prompt after first logon? I already automatically restart my computer using shutdown.exe. If there isn't, then I guess I'll stop using shutdown.exe and rely on IE7's prompt (not ideal).

Lastly, if the only difference between the two add-ons you list is that one has an issue with a restart prompt occuring during setup and the other doesn't, why list both for download? Surely everyone will be downloading the second add-on that doesn't suffer from the restart prompt issue as there's no good reason to download the first that does?

Thank you for all your hard work.

laze.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:06 pm

RaGhul wrote:Although, truth be told, I never had any problems with 1.0.3 or 1.0.3b
Glad to hear that.

@ ENU_user: If there is missing entries, i will add them ASAP :wink:
Currently i am running a windows xp sp2 with ie7 addon. I have nod32, office 2k7, ryans dotnet AIO, wmp11, k-lite mega, messenger live, bearshare, daemon tools, ultra edit, firefox, itunes, total video converter, winamp, total video converter, nero 6616, etc etc. installed and all working perfect :D
I think that's enough to say the addon is stable. Also, this machine is running longer than 1 month, without errors in ie7.

@ just_laze: KB928089 was a typo, i corrected it. KB928090 is correct one.
There is no way to remove the restart prompt with first one, you can try the other addon.
The second addon normally included syssetup.dll hack, that was the reason i did first addon (with restart prompt). After somebody asked for a patched addon, i added it as an alternative. It has error entries in setuperr.log, and that makes it away from stable. I dont get confused with editing both at same time. And i think sb needs first one (at least me do).

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:12 pm

Right,

I think I understand?

The first add-on is error free, but results in a restart prompt during setup. Is that as well as a restart prompt after first logon?

The second add-on produces errors in the setup log, but has no restart prompts whatsoever? Neither during setup or at first logon?

Please confirm.

laze.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:43 pm

just_laze wrote:The first add-on is error free, but does result in a restart prompt during setup. Is that as well as a restart prompt after first logon?
Yep, a restart prompt after first desktop loads.
just_laze wrote:The second add-on produces errors in the setup log, but has no restart prompts whatsoever? Neither during setup or at first logon?
Right. Thats the difference.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:49 pm

And other than the error(s) in the setup log, there's absolutely no disadvantage to using the second add-on over the first?

I mean, is it just a matter of principle that you refuse to claim both are stable because the second produces error(s)? Because in theory, each add-on is equally stable - correct?

laze.

tedhbrown

Post by tedhbrown » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:54 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:
tedhbrown wrote:Edit: :(

Well I didn't test this at first but decided to anyway. I created a new account and the tweaks were not applied.
Well :)
Tweaks neednt to be applied to second user account. Isnt it the way we need?
Oh sorry I thought that's the way it was supposed to happen. Nevermind. :wink:

ahmerkhan

Post by ahmerkhan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:58 pm

Thanks mate....:)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:40 pm

You're welcome mindcurd :)

You are right just_laze. Its up to you to choose no-restart one.
RogueSpear wrote:I'm using the "original" addon that requires a restart...
That shows its not just me using the normal (with restart prompt) addon :wink:
And, its not a problem to list both for download. As needed explanations done, user can choose suitable one for himself.
Is this enough?

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Sounds good.

I will begin testing.

Thanks.

laze.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Hey,

I'm really impressed with your add-on but I do have a bug and a minor niggle to report.

After installation completed and my system rebooted, I tested IE7 and everything worked perfectly.

I then decided to create two accounts (under an administrator account). An administrator and a limited account, for further testing.

I created the administrator account, then the limited account. When I closed the User Creation interface I received this error:

Code: Select all

A Runtime Error has occured do you wish to Debug?

Line: 3
Error: Access is denied

Yes No
I tried reproducing this error but could not. This may suggest it only occurs when the first administrator and limited account are created simultaneously in one session and from that point onward everything's strangely fine?

I will perform a second installation of the exact same ISO and see if I can replicate the error but it won't be anytime soon as I'm moving house tomorrow.

If anyone has a fresh installation, used the no restart add-on and has yet to create any new users, please try to replicate the error so we can confirm it's wide spread.

For reference, my system is Prime95 tested (11 hours, 0 errors) and Memtest86+ tested (22 passes, 0 errors).

Every file in my install with an MD5 available has been checked and confirmed. I use the following add-ons in addition to IE7:

RVMAddonsWGAN_1.7.18.1.7z
RVMAddonsDX9_1.2.7z
Boooggy_ASPI_Addon.cab
WMP11_TweakedAddon.cab
Kels_NotePad++_v4.0.2_addon_replacer.cab
XAddon_Unlocker-Light-v1.8.5a.cab

I integrate them using RyanVM's Integrator in the ORDER they're listed above. I integrate IE7 AFTERWARD using nLite.

Can anyone with the necessary knowledge (i.e. Ryan) confirm the above is a sensible order in which to integrate my add-ons? My main concern is conflict between Ryan's WGA add-on and the IE7 add-on, am I integrating them the right way round? Should IE7 be first? Does it matter? :-p

My setuperr.log reads as follows:

Code: Select all

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WXP_JLE\system32\mshtml.dll because of the following error:
GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WXP_JLE\system32\msrating.dll because of the following error:

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WXP_JLE\system32\inseng.dll because of the following error:

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WXP_JLE\system32\plugin.ocx because of the following error:
LoadLibrary returned error 126 (the specified module could not be found).

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WXP_JLE\system32\webcheck.dll because of the following error:

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WXP_JLE\system32\imgutil.dll because of the following error:

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WXP_JLE\system32\pngfilt.dll because of the following error:

To confirm, in order to create this error.

1. installation completes
2. reboot the system (your second successful login)
3. open cpanel > user accounts
4. create an administrator account (i named mine testing)
5. create a limited account (i named mine testing2)
6. close the user account interface

If you need anymore information from me please ask, I integrated the add-on using nLite.

The minor niggle, in case you were wondering, is that when I opened IE7 the default language was English (United States). When I integrated the IE7.exe available from Microsoft information in WINNT.SIF took, and the default language was English (United Kingdom) - but I can live with that.

Thanks for all your hard work, it is an excellent add-on.

laze.
Last edited by just_laze on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:19 am

Update:

I've not been able to recreate the error on a fresh installation.

I'm tempted to put it down as a fluke? But if it happened once, chances are it will happen again.

For now I'm going to let it go.

Thanks.

laze.

IGIdeus

Post by IGIdeus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:21 am

MrNxDmX wrote:Thats weird IGIdeus. When did you get it? When you opened add/remove windows components or while windows setup? Can you give more info about your setup and cd preperation?
Version 1.0.4wr works like a charm.
Problem solved. :-)

Best rergards
IGIdeus

bober101

Post by bober101 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:31 am

i got a small inf error while crating a 2nd account,but its seems its the norestart thingy.1st account works perfect, but on the 2nd ,its as if the restart wants to prompt but in stead it makes an error.its really no bigge as it only appears once upon 2nd account creation.(after logon)
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:17 am

Hmm,

Well I've migrated to using the add-on that does restart now. So hopefully this won't be an issue for me personally any more.

laze.

caivad

Post by caivad » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:20 am

Hey guys, great work! I was so happy to have such a neat solution - thanks to your heroic endeavor to help us all.
Somehow or other, it's been more then a month when I couldn't download this add-on. (I've got the 1.0.3 one, so I missed 1.0.3a, 1.0.3b, and the latest, 1.0.4). I keep getting the '403 Forbidden error'. I also asked 3 of my friends to download it for me, thinking there might be some issue with my internet provider, yet all of them failed, each trying to download from different places in the world (India, Russia and Israel). Could someone please make this add-on available from an alternative location? Thank you.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:46 pm

just_laze: Thanks for the report. I'm happy that it cannot be reproduceble. :wink:
The addon list does no change in integration. Also Ryan's WGA addon doesnt conflict with ie7 addon. I've tested it by myself.
You can change the language setting in ie addon. Just open NR_IE7en.inf file and look for "; Language Settings in IE7". There is an "en-US" value below that line. Change it to "en-GB". That may do the trick.
Thanks for the compliment :)

Thanks for the report IGIdeus.

caivad; "right click and save target as" in ie, or send to flashget in ff or a download manager does the trick for me. If you are using a download manager, check the referrer line, and make sure its starting with "http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/...." (without the quotes).

Thanks for the upload jamesdean.
bober101 wrote:i got a small inf error while crating a 2nd account,but its seems its the norestart thingy.1st account works perfect, but on the 2nd ,its as if the restart wants to prompt but in stead it makes an error.its really no bigge as it only appears once upon 2nd account creation.(after logon)
I will test the norestart addon again in order to check any errors while user account creating. Normal addon doesnt give any errors after creating new accounts.
But i couldnt understand the issue, no-restart addon doesnt require or request for a restart. Can you give moreinfo, please?

caivad

Post by caivad » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:16 pm

jamesdean: Thank you very much for the alternative links :) They worked fine.

MrNxDmX: Thanks for the advises. However, none of those worked for me. :( In fact, I can't even download stuff from http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/ (the switchless installers) or Udate Pack Add-oons (from http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack.html). All other links, not http://www.ryanvm.net/ based, work fine.

I guess, there is something with permissions on this resourse. And I don't know how to contact the webmaster.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Thu May 03, 2007 5:25 pm

Hey,

MrNxDmX, I believe bober101 is describing the same error I've experience - I think I give a suitable amount of info ;-).

laze.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Thu May 03, 2007 5:54 pm

Hey,

If I extract your add-on and modify the *.inf with tweaks, do I literally just zip it all up again in a *.7z archive and integrate it as normal? Or is it some kind of 'special' *.7z archive you've used with specific settings?

Thanks.

laze.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Thu May 03, 2007 6:07 pm

yes exactly as you said.

galileo

xmllite.dll error

Post by galileo » Sat May 05, 2007 11:29 am

I am frequently getting a file copy error for "xmllite.dll" during installation. This appears to be associated with the IE7 addon based on trying multiple integrations/builds both with and without the IE7 addon. I am using nlite integration with a completely clean XPSP2 source for each individual build (i.e. starting from scratch and doing a complete integration each time). I am installing to a clean partition from a running XP on another partition using Setup.exe with an unattended.txt file. The integration includes RVM 2.1.9, RVM Addon 1.8.1, RVM DX 1.3, and NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.4.7z (or NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.4wr.7z) plus some of the nlite tweak settings.

Interestingly, if I select ESC to skip the file copy, the installation proceeds to completion and the installed XP seemes to function correctly. Has anyone else encountered this issue - and found a solution or a reason? :rolleyes:

I have searched the forum(s) for "xmllite" related issues and - unless I do not understand how to drive the "Search" function correctly (which could be true) - I cannot find any references to this issue - either here or in various nlite forums.

Since this addon is primarily based in this forum - and is defined in the opening post for both RVM Integrator and for nlite, I have posted here.

RickSteele

Setup could not register the OLE Control

Post by RickSteele » Sat May 05, 2007 9:19 pm

@MrNxDmx

...using nlite 1.3 final-latest version, setuperr.log="Setup could not register the OLE Control in imgutil.dll, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, plugin.ocx, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll". However, if I slipstream IE7 and the three current hotfixes directly using nlite these errors do not occur.
This occurs using the "norestart" addon :arrow:

galileo

xmllite.dll copy error

Post by galileo » Mon May 07, 2007 11:18 pm

@MrNxDmx

Any ideas on the xmllite.dll copy error mentioned 2 posts above....? Any thoughts are appreciated in finding out what may be happening. :?:

viinno

Post by viinno » Tue May 08, 2007 4:10 pm

and the latest ie7 update roll up? (released today)

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB931768)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

Tho oddly enough in Windows Update Catalog its listed as cumulative update for ie 6. :?:
Last edited by viinno on Tue May 08, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue May 08, 2007 4:17 pm

Sorry for not replying. I couldnt read all posts, will reply asap.

just_laze

Re: Setup could not register the OLE Control

Post by just_laze » Tue May 08, 2007 4:18 pm

RickSteele wrote:@MrNxDmx

...using nlite 1.3 final-latest version, setuperr.log="Setup could not register the OLE Control in imgutil.dll, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, plugin.ocx, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll". However, if I slipstream IE7 and the three current hotfixes directly using nlite these errors do not occur.
Read the original post, it outlines known issues:
This is nearly the same addon with above. You will not get any restart prompt or any issues while windows setup.
If you use RVM Integrator to integrate this addon, you will see some error reports in C:\Windows\setuperr.log file. It will say "Setup could not register the OLE Control" on these files (imgutil.dll, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, plugin.ocx, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll) because of some things. This will not harm your computer in any kind.
laze.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Tue May 08, 2007 4:20 pm

From the IE Blog:
IE’s tab implementation depends on xmllite.dll which is installed with IE7 but through a separate installer bundled within the IE setup process.
Just so we know what's at stake here.

laze.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Tue May 08, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi,

The security bulletin for KB931768 can be found here. This update supersedes KB929726 which is included.

laze.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 pm

@ caivad: RyanVM is the webmaster here. You can contact him via PM.
just_laze wrote:I believe bober101 is describing the same error I've experience - I think I give a suitable amount of info ;-).
Yep, i got enough info from you, thanks for that. But i still couldnt reproduce the error yet. Will try again.

@galileo: xmllite.dll file is included in Ryans Update Pack, too. It doesnt have to be related only with this addon.

@RickSteele: I havent tried latest nlite yet. But as just_laze mentioned too, those entries can show up in that file. But as i remember, nlite tweaks syssetup.inf file, and that tweaking prevents those errors. You say, when you use nlite to slpistream ie7, those errors dont occur. So, in logical way, if you use no-restart addon, you shouldnt get those errors.
I really have no idea yet. I need to test addon with nlite again, but i dont have much time.

@viinno: Thanks for the info. I got the ie7 one. Will update addons after Ryans next pack.
New update IE7-KB931768 overwrites IE7-KB928090 and IE7-KB929726. Both will be removed from addons.

And, thanks for ur replies just_laze :)

galileo

Post by galileo » Tue May 08, 2007 9:41 pm

@MrNxDmx:

Yes xmllite.dll is included in the RVM update. So, are we saying that the IE7 pack has an integration problem because the same file is contained in multiple update/addon packs? When I integrate RVM update with other addons there are no problems/errors during the install. When I add the IE7 update pack to the integration then the xmllite.dll file copy error occurs. Bear in mind that the "integration" proceeds and completes without any errors. It is during the Windows install that the file copy error occurs.

Why would copying the same file have any impact on the intstall? In fact, I would have thought that the integration process would have dealt with this through QFECheck....am I missing something? Or is there a bug in the IE7 addon pack? It is curious that a simple file copy during the install phase would generate an error particularly given that the file had apparently already been copied....this is evidenced by pressing the ESC key and skipping the file copy and still finding after booting up that the file had copied and that IE7 was working just fine.....very curious indeed.....

I am guessing that something is bugged in the IE7 integration script....given that RVM update had already integrated xmllite.dll it seems odd indeed that the IE7 integration cannot accommodate it - perhaps there is a file date or version issue here....? :shock:

Thanks for any thoughts/help..... :)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue May 08, 2007 10:01 pm

@galileo: I have never done an install with setup.exe. But as you get an error after exactly adding the ie7 addon pack, i will modifype all files in the addon pack in next addon. Maybe this can fix the file-copy error.
I suggest you to remove the xmllite.dll file in the ie7 addon pack, then re-compress it, and try that new addon.

The xmllite.dll file has the same version number with Ryans one, also they come from the same hotfix package.

I cant think any other possibilities. But its nice to hear that ie7 addon works in setup.exe insalls too :wink:

galileo

Post by galileo » Tue May 08, 2007 10:32 pm

@MrNxDmx:

Thanks for following up !!! Curious that the setup.exe installation would cause anything different. After all, it just kicks-off the setup routine from within a running Windows environment which is simply copying setup boot files to another partition, modifying the system partition's boot.ini file, and then executing a re-boot - after the re-boot one would think that everything from that part forward is nothing more than the same file copying process that also occurs from a CD based install....very curious indeed....but then this is BGs stuff ain't it..... :D

Thanks again, I'll keep an eye out for your next build of the IE7 :shock:

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Wed May 09, 2007 11:10 am

del me sorry been lame
Last edited by cyberloner on Wed May 09, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed May 09, 2007 11:33 am

cyberloner wrote::spam:
Did you even read the last few posts in the thread before you decided to spam it with information that's already in it?
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Wed May 09, 2007 1:47 pm

sorry

RickSteele

Re: Setup could not register the OLE Control

Post by RickSteele » Wed May 09, 2007 2:04 pm

just_laze wrote:
RickSteele wrote:@MrNxDmx

Read the original post, it outlines known issues:
This is nearly the same addon with above. You will not get any restart prompt or any issues while windows setup.
If you use RVM Integrator to integrate this addon, you will see some error reports in C:\Windows\setuperr.log file. It will say "Setup could not register the OLE Control" on these files (imgutil.dll, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, plugin.ocx, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll) because of some things. This will not harm your computer in any kind.
laze.
I did read this and am not too concerned about the error log but, the original post clearly states nlite 1.3 will not produce these errors...so was just informing that it does. :wink:

Excellent addon MrNxDmX; thanks

RickSteele

Post by RickSteele » Thu May 10, 2007 10:26 am

@MrNxDmX

@RickSteele: I havent tried latest nlite yet. But as just_laze mentioned too, those entries can show up in that file.

The Setuperr logs the errors but, I experience no issues at all after first reboot and do not allow IEXPLORE to run untill after GUI and first reboot, even though I am using the norestart addon-as a precautionary measure. Also, I am using RougeSpears's two part runtimes addons; RogueSpear's Runtimes Caffeine Free V2.5.2 and RogueSpear's Runtimes Part 2 V1.1-along with RyanVM's 2.19 update pack-because they contain other files I require, mentioning this in case it helps.

But as i remember, nlite tweaks syssetup.inf file, and that tweaking prevents those errors.

nhui does modify the syssetup.inf file when slipstreaming IE7, but, I do not know if the process changes with or without IE7 slipstream. Nhui does edit it for system file patches; ie: to raise the concurrent internet connections above 10.........

You say, when you use nlite to slpistream ie7, those errors dont occur. So, in logical way, if you use no-restart addon, you shouldnt get those errors.

I cannot use the Integrator because I always get a fatal ntfs.sys corrupt error after textmode and first reboot-the install naturally fails, no matter what I do or how I create the bootable disc; so, I can only test with nlite. Your assumption is logical, but, in two fresh real installs, the errors logged both times with no actual detrimental effects. I love this addon and will continue to use it :D
Last edited by RickSteele on Fri May 11, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri May 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi again to all.
I havent played with latest nLite but i have a good news.
I was successful at removing the restart prompt for normal addon. The computer still needs a restart but doesnt prompt anything. I have an idea in mind that will remove the need for restart at first boot completely. Just an idea for now.
Wait for me :)

Edit: I did a test with no-restart addon, and created 6 accounts, that consists of 3 admin and 3 restricked users. Logged in all, and i couldnt see any errors.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri May 11, 2007 9:06 pm

@MrNxDmX, I just wanted to express my thanks for all of your hard work on this addon. Like Ryan's Update Pack and Booogy's WMP11 Addon, this has become a standard part of my installs and saves me a ton of time.

:D

RickSteele

Post by RickSteele » Fri May 11, 2007 10:17 pm

RogueSpear wrote:@MrNxDmX, I just wanted to express my thanks for all of your hard work on this addon. Like Ryan's Update Pack and Booogy's WMP11 Addon, this has become a standard part of my installs and saves me a ton of time.

:D
Ditto for me MrNxDmX, absolutely breathtaking in every way :D

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri May 11, 2007 10:20 pm

This is getting better and better! Keep up the cool work :wink:

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Sat May 12, 2007 6:46 pm

Me likes!! Me likes!!

And still ain't had a single problem, personally. I haven't tried any 'tweaks' yet, but I just might this month if I get bored enough.
:P
@MrNxDmX, I just wanted to express my thanks for all of your hard work on this addon. Like Ryan's Update Pack and Booogy's WMP11 Addon, this has become a standard part of my installs and saves me a ton of time.
Ditto.
Except for me it's Xable's Light Pack, boooggy's WMP11, and my WLM. (Had to give myself a shameless plug!!)

Great stuff, DmX!! :wink: