Update Pack WMP10 Addon question

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
ITinerant

Update Pack WMP10 Addon question

Post by ITinerant » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:10 pm

After intigrating Update Pack 1.3.1 and Update Pack WMP10 Addon and using latest nLite to create an awsome installation disc, I got a green screen playing some WMP 10 videos.
So I went back to square one and just intigrated the update pack and skipped the Update Pack WMP10 Addon. I installed WMP 10 post OS installation and now I'm not having a problem with the green screen. Is this a known issue? I'm sorry if this has been posted before. I did a search and didn't see anything. I've been known to overlook subjects before though. :rolleyes: Still an awsome installation disc. :P

Thanks

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:16 pm

actually i believe this is the first time ive heard of this error i personnally have installed the wmp10 addon and that did not happen.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

orcoxp

Post by orcoxp » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:27 pm

Are you also installing other programs?

I have seen this when playing MOV files in MP with QTAlternative
Chris Thomson
AKA OrcoXP

PHP/MySQL/phpMyAdmin 2 & 3 successfully running simultaneously on XP SP3 IIS.

ITinerant

Post by ITinerant » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:39 pm

orcoxp wrote:Are you also installing other programs?

No other programs. Just clean install on two different machines (just to be sure it wasn't a video card issue). I Googled the problem and there is an opinion that it might be codec related. I tried installing the suggested codecs but it didn't solve the problem. I noticed when I installed WMP seperately, there are options to check. One of which is "automatically download codecs". Might this be the problem?

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:10 pm

ITinerant wrote:
orcoxp wrote:Are you also installing other programs?

No other programs. Just clean install on two different machines (just to be sure it wasn't a video card issue). I Googled the problem and there is an opinion that it might be codec related. I tried installing the suggested codecs but it didn't solve the problem. I noticed when I installed WMP seperately, there are options to check. One of which is "automatically download codecs". Might this be the problem?
You can automatically configure options like that with nLite for WMP10.

ITinerant

Post by ITinerant » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:45 pm

You can automatically configure options like that with nLite for WMP10.
I was careful not to "restrict" or "disable" anything with WMP tweaks.

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:34 pm

You can also change your configuration for wmp10 anytime after windows is installed just click on tools menu and under the player tab select download codecs automatically allthough i dont think that, that has anything to do with the problem you had, but if you could trie it and get back to me,
p.s. check your cab file it might be corrupt, and also check the log for the integrator to see if it extract all the files, if you use nlite to integrate the wmp10 addon consider using the integrator instead. :D

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:06 pm

I personally have had less problems integrating with nlite than with the integrator.. :oops: :oops: :oops:

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:29 pm

okay that settles dale has been here as much time as me or more and ive grown to trust him so i think ill give nlite a fighting chance :D and test it.
lets see if it redeems itself after the last burn it gave me.

ITinerant

Post by ITinerant » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:19 pm

dgelwin wrote:You can also change your configuration for wmp10 anytime after windows is installed just click on tools menu and under the player tab select download codecs automatically allthough i dont think that, that has anything to do with the problem you had, but if you could trie it and get back to me,
Okay, I finally found the tools menu and ticked the "download codecs automatically" (It was unchecked) and that didn't fix the problem by itself, (I did leave that checked); however I then went under Performance\Video Acceleration\Advanced and switched from "Use High quality mode" to "Use Overlays" and that seems to have fixed it. At least I couldn't duplicate the green screen after these two fixes. Thanks dgelwin for pointing out the tools menu. I didn't think such a thing existed until you suggested it. MS sure knew how to hide it. :rolleyes:

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:32 pm

sure no problem, on a side not if you want to watch your vids on your tv streaming from your pc you should deactivate yuv overlays and activate high qual mode, you wont see image on pc but it will appear on tv. (i thiink it could be the other way around).

--EDIT on a side note dale was right nlite installs the addon perfectly i tried it and received no errors whatsoever, but that still doesnt forgive nlite for the past pain it has caused. :lol:

ITinerant

Post by ITinerant » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:51 pm

dgelwin wrote:sure no problem, on a side not if you want to watch your vids on your tv streaming from your pc you should deactivate yuv overlays and activate high qual mode, you wont see image on pc but it will appear on tv. (i thiink it could be the other way around).

--EDIT on a side note dale was right nlite installs the addon perfectly i tried it and received no errors whatsoever, but that still doesnt forgive nlite for the past pain it has caused. :lol:
I used the Intrigrator to intrigrate and nLite to tweak and ISO.